What's your favorite song?

I can't say for certain, but if I really had to pick..... LA Woman by the Doors

Cops in cars,
The topless bars
Never saw a woman...
So alone

i don't have one favorite song, so i'll just post one that i really love and i've been listening to a lot recently. for those into dark-ambient, this is for you:

Its always hard to pick just one favorite band or song. The Clash is always on the top of my list for both. I like all their albums but, London Calling to me is when they were completely dialed in.
Dig all aspects of the song, lyrics, guitars, drums and bass.

Last edited:
Ok, this is great so far. Some of you have just posted a song with nothing about it. Why is it your favorite?

Going by most scrobbled on my last.fm account it would have to be these 2. There was a period of my life from about 17 to 20 where I was extremely depressed and locking myself in my room and listening to music was the only thing that kept me going. I listen to these songs for different reasons now, I listen to these feeling grateful and accomplished at how far I've came since then.

Ok, this is great so far. Some of you have just posted a song with nothing about it. Why is it your favorite?

i chose the song i did because it takes me on a journey that reminds me of the cycle of life. it has what sounds to me as a birth, a life, and a death. you'd just have to listen to it to understand where i'm coming from.

I had a hard time picking between this song, and Pink Floyd's live from Pompeii version of Careful with that axe, Eugene. Amputechture was a great album, but this track stood out the most.

Probably Take it Easy by the Eagles

The Eagles were my Dad's favorite band and I still listen to it quite often even now

A Profound Hatred of Man - Shai Hulud. its a powerful song and I resonate with the lyrics.

I'll just go with my fave right now.
Oldie, but going through something similar with my best friend and his drug addiction and suicide attempt.

It's impossible to pick just one. So I'll post a song I can listen too all the way through anytime I hear it.

Last edited:

Hard to find a song that's more perfect imo.

Bolton does a great cover too.

Gorillaz - Hong Kong

obviously it's so hard to pick one song, and there are so many other great songs that it's hard to say i love less than Hong Kong. that being said, this song did have a huge impact on me and put my love of Gorillaz on another level. i really liked Gorillaz a lot (i was a regular on the Gorillaz official forums for years before here) and loved the Demon Days album so i was really excited to buy the Live at the Manchester Opera House DVD. when i was watching it i didn't check the tracklist or anything so, as the song wasn't on the album, when Hong Kong started playing with the beautiful chinese zither intro i wasn't expecting it at all. it's such a relaxing and evocative song for me, and the combination of styles works perfectly. hell, it was even written for a charity album for children in war-torn countries.

Back