Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And why?

I personally love BJJ workouts. as far as gym my favorite thing is

3 sets bench

3 sets curl

hour treadmill at 5.5 to 7.0 max

box jumps, weighted declined situps. for some reason it really helps with my grappling. and of course trail mountain bike riding IPOD on Don Henley singing in my ear.

as far as the why I love to get the endorphins flowing after stress filled work week

what say you?

I love my back garden lifting sessions. Overhead press, deadlift, bench press, squat & front squat. Done in my back garden, whatever the weather. I enjoy it because I'm at home, can take aslong as I want, make coffee during the session, and the neighbours think I'm crazy.

I like my Deadlift and Squat sessions, in that order.. not overly fussed on my Squat and Deadlift sessions.

*5x5 Bench
*Standing calf raises on smith machine 5x10 regular, 3x15 inside and outside. (Adjust to different weights)
*3x5 pull ups or weighted

I like my Deadlift and Squat sessions, in that order.. not overly fussed on my Squat and Deadlift sessions.

WHY ARE DEADS AND SQUTS YOUR FAVORITE?

you don't get a great pump and your legs are covered most of the time?

or do you just enjoy pain?

I do core and squats only because I was mentally scarred by this NCO I served with in the Military years ago. From the waist up this dude no bull shit looked like Ronnie effing Coleman. from the waist down he looked like a Ghanaian distance runner. to this day I've never seen anything like it. like not only did he not train his legs, but like he anti-trained them or they were atrophied or something.

I wish they had cell phone cameras in 1993 lol.

*5x5 Bench
*Standing calf raises on smith machine 5x10 regular, 3x15 inside and outside. (Adjust to different weights)
*3x5 pull ups or weighted

something about the struggle of pull ups with out the pain associated with heavy squatting I enjoy. also something unconsciously positive, and symbolic about pulling your self up

WHY ARE DEADS AND SQUTS YOUR FAVORITE?

you don't get a great pump and your legs are covered most of the time?

or do you just enjoy pain?

Because I like deadlifting heavy, and by then my knee's are nice and moist that squats aren't much of an issue. That is my second 'lower body' day, if you wanna call it that.
My first lower body day or call it squat day or whatever I squat first, which is draining so my deadlifts aren't as explosive.

if youre not deadlifting, youre not lifting. everything else is calisthenics.

My single favourite is probably a long and slow runs somewhere pretty and/or interesting. I used to run in Chiang Mai, going around the city or up the mountain, where there is lots of forest, orchards, waterfalls etc. The Chilterns, in the UK, where my aunt and uncle live is an amazing place to run, it's like a postcard or an idealized picture of English country side. Now I live by the beach in Thailand, I love running there, it's just so interesting. I don't even need music. Sadly, my back doesn't seem to want me to run at the moment.

Second favourite at the moment is front squatting. I don't know why, it just feels very satisfying.

i like playing basketball first and foremost.....exercises wise i think deadlift trumps everything....conventional that is

my favorites (in no particular order)

-trail ultra distance runs
-pull ups
-dead lifts
-kettlebell snatch
-weighted jumprope
-clean and press

I love deads and squats. I love squatting twice a week when i can. I also love sledge slams, muscle ups and weighted chins.

3 hour long sex marathons. I make sure to take some yohimbine to get that stamina boost. Also helps me shed 10 lbs of water weight, fast.

Squats are more fun than deadlifts because the shoes I squat in are noisier than the shoes I deadlift in.

Squats are more fun than deadlifts because the shoes I squat in are noisier than the shoes I deadlift in.

Do you have squat shoes like the kind that some parents give their toddlers- the kind that squeak every time they take a step? That would be quite fun.

More like, I like the sound of oly shoes against a wood platform.

Weighted dips are the greatest. I feel like Jay Cutlar walkin around after dips. The pump you get oh man.. You get a spooky pump

zercher lifts and weighted pull ups. low rep ranges

Back