What's wrong with Weidman?

His fights are entertaining. He usually goes for the finish. The three fights he lost were very competitive and exciting until they were stopped against three elite guys in their prime that are UFC champion material. I like the fighter Chris Weidman.

Outside the octagon, I don't fucking care about him.
Kudos to you sir for being one of few on Sherdog able to give a logical take on Weidman.

Luke had him in full mount for a 1:05 and rained down 92 unanswered elbows/punches--- then more of the same at the start of 4th as REF FINALLY stopped fight.
Yoel flying knee to temple- game over.
Mousasi caved in his face and Chris basically quit....

Let him fight jacare- if beats him then at least it's a 2 fight win streak and he was former champ who had 3 title defenses. This happens - he's right there agsin

Luke had him in full mount for a 1:05 and rained down 92 unanswered elbows/punches--- then more of the same at the start of 4th as REF FINALLY stopped fight.
Yoel flying knee to temple- game over.
Mousasi caved in his face and Chris basically quit....

Let him fight jacare- if beats him then at least it's a 2 fight win streak and he was former champ who had 3 title defenses. This happens - he's right there agsin
Competitive fights with Rockhold and Romero.

Moose loss was also competitive and one of the biggest crocks of shit I have witnessed in 20 years of watching MMA. If moose had been stopped in that manner, there would have been 10-20 threads complaining about it.

not sure if already been said but his outbursts recently and his calling for a title shot in his post gastelum interview make me worry about his mental state

worried romero did more damage than it seems on the surface

Competitive fights with Rockhold and Romero.

Moose loss was also competitive and one of the biggest crocks of shit I have witnessed in 20 years of watching MMA. If moose had been stopped in that manner, there would have been 10-20 threads complaining about it.
You're either a weidman supporter or your mma acumen lacks.

not sure if already been said but his outbursts recently and his calling for a title shot in his post gastelum interview make me worry about his mental state

worried romero did more damage than it seems on the surface
As crazy as it seems - he's probably not that far away from a title shot.

Just beat Kelvin
Kelvin - 1 fight win streak
Souza - 1 fight win streak
Rockhold - KTFO in two of his last 3
Yoel fighting Whittaker
Machida - retirement fight with Bisping
Anderson - 4 year suspension
Belfort - looking for retirement fight with Hall
Brunson -2-3 in last 5 just got KTFO by Machida
Branch is fighting Thiago Santos

They currently have him at #4 - #2 Jacare needs a fight. It's not crazy to think if he wins his next fight he could easily get Whittaker next.

Weidmann is talking shit because he knows that he will likely have to go through hell to get another title shot, and he doubts his ability to do so.

All fights are vulnerable in some ways, but when an undefeated UFC champion like Weidman or Rousey finally loses for the first time, this can be psychologically devastating because the fighter has not developed the ability nor confidence to pick themselves up and improve upon their weaknesses.

Weidman current mental state shows that has yet to come to terms with his very real vulnerabilities as a fighter.

Just beat Kelvin
Yoel fighting Whittaker

They currently have him at #4 - #2 Jacare needs a fight. It's not crazy to think if he wins his next fight he could easily get Whittaker next.
One of few rational people posting about Weidman. Kudos, sir.

brain damage + just whineman being himself which is

Lol k. If you can't see the double standards of this place towards Weidman, I question your mma acumen.
Dude- only reason why I retorted to you was " that was biggest crock of bullshit "
Weidman won round 1 off meaningless takedowns where the smaller Mousasi got right the fuck up.
Round 2 , Mousasi put it on him and first time in Weidman s career- he was backpedaling and couldn't stand with
Mousasi. After 2 LEGAL knees, doctors came in and Chris, lol, was giving wrong answers to the date and where he was .It was sad,he thought he was going to escape with dq win- thank God No.
He quit, end of story .

For some reason the thread title sounds like a sitcom. Just saiyan.
To be a valid Sherdog sitcom we need to find a recently banned fresh white belt....oh, no, wait, we don't need it anymore.

Just beat Kelvin
Yoel fighting Whittaker

I agree, do Jacare-Weidman and winner gets shot after Yoel

its the way he is saying things that's got me worried, I don't remember him ever sounding the way he does these days in the past

He is perfectly fine mentally. That gif you posted is a tough loss and he has comeback and won decisively against a great fighter since.
D2EB13DD-319A-4204-8C27-E0E7756FC27A.jpeg
He sure looks it...

He basically ended Silva's relevancy.
Silva is the GOAT. His relevancy cannot be ended.
Chris put ppl hopes too high when he beat old silva. Seeing his onedimensional game fall apart was probably a wake up call from this hype

Just beat Kelvin
Yoel fighting Whittaker

His fights are entertaining. He usually goes for the finish. The three fights he lost were very competitive and exciting until they were stopped against three elite guys in their prime that are UFC champion material. I like the fighter Chris Weidman.

Outside the octagon, I don't fucking care about him.
That's an interesting post, thank you. I think he should fight maybe Brunson or Branch before facing someone in the top 5, mind that he's fighting someone underranked therefore he's expected to win (I don't think he'll have much trouble), then he'll be at 2-3, a better place to argue for a contender dispute with someone top 5.
I don't think that far from a tittle shot, one easy win, one hard win -> title shot, right?

All in all I agree with everything you said, the only difference between us is that this attitude from Weidman on Twitter is really cringe/shameful, were him like "I'm waiting for whoever UFC gives me" he would fare a lot better, but instead he tries to be arrogant and sound like the biggest douche in UFC, wtf Weidman?

Last, but not least, Jacare had a real close decision over Rockhold (that's what we call and Weidman argument, or Weidment for close ones), and he's not getting younger, we should give him the next MW chance before he gets too old, same applies to Romero (in fact, in case either of them gets the title shot and wins the other should fight him right next).
One of few rational people posting about Weidman. Kudos, sir.
I hope you've not included yourself in, most of what I read from you are passionate/aggressive stuff, I'm honestly sorry for being that blunt, but it's a sincere opinion.

Take a look on what he said, he came up with a good reasonable argument instead of saying something regarding Anderson Silva. It's weird how Weidman's fans can't get past Silva, like, you can't say that Weidman did fuck up with that spinning stunned turtle kick against Rockhold without someone insinuating that you're a Silva nuthugger, that's the point when you frown and move on.

In fact, Weidman did well throwing that kick, he turned himself into a better showman, he took risk just like Silva used to do, it sucks that that kick was terrible and cost him the fight, but on the other hand had him landed a valid Barboza over Rockhold we would all be glad! Weidman does show more aggression than the average wrestler, like GSP/DC/Davis/Khabib, and I dig it.

Akin to mcgregor? Weidman is nothing like conor,personality wise

Back