What's worse Platinum Perry's fans or his haters?

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
His fans are kind of delusional like Shogun fans were in their thinking i'll just get that out of the way. His haters just flat out refuse to acknowledge anything he's accomplished or that he's anything more than a can crusher that won't accomplish anything.

<Fedor23>

His haters aren't the ones who are spamming the forum with shit threads.

So the answer is somehow clear.

Fight fans who don't like vicious ko's.

His fans are kind of delusional like Shogun fans were in their thinking i'll just get that out of the way. His haters just flat out refuse to acknowledge anything he's accomplished or that he's anything more than a can crusher that won't accomplish anything.

The worst is people who classify everyone as either a Hater or a Nuthugger.
(This is not aimed at you and I am not saying that this is what you are doing)
Perry has accomplished nothing of note in the UFC. That doesn't make me a hater.
Perry has had some exciting fights with brutal KO's. That doesn't make me a nuthugger.

I personally hold both of those opinions and that doesn't make me a hypocrite. Perry has accomplished nothing worthy of a top 10 fight. He is in the mid teens and should match up with a similarly ranked fighter with the winner taking on a borderline top 10 coming off a loss. Perry vs Usman with the winner moving on to face a Magny for example. Perry vs former UFC champion and IMO #1 contender Robbie Lawler is insulting to MMA as a sport. If Robbie loses 3 in a row and Perry wins 3 in a row match them up.

<Fedor23>

His haters aren't the ones who are spamming the forum with shit threads.

So the answer is somehow clear.
Nope, you guys are just spamming threads with your shit posts. Likely because any of your threads instantly die after mass ridicule.

The worst is people who classify everyone as either a Hater or a Nuthugger.
(This is not aimed at you and I am not saying that this is what you are doing)
Perry has accomplished nothing of note in the UFC. That doesn't make me a hater.
Perry has had some exciting fights with brutal KO's. That doesn't make me a nuthugger.

I personally hold both of those opinions and that doesn't make me a hypocrite. Perry has accomplished nothing worthy of a top 10 fight. He is in the mid teens and should match up with a similarly ranked fighter with the winner taking on a borderline top 10 coming off a loss. Perry vs Usman with the winner moving on to face a Magny for example. Perry vs former UFC champion and IMO #1 contender Robbie Lawler is insulting to MMA as a sport. If Robbie loses 3 in a row and Perry wins 3 in a row match them up.
Nut-hater detected

I think the 'haters' mainly just hate the Perry fanboys and their oversaturation of the forum.

It's pretty hard to hate on Perry's fights themselves.

I like Perry, he's a pretty fun fighter. He likes to stand flat-footed and load up on that back leg, usually. This fight was a little different. He stayed on the balls of his feet the entire fight and seemed more explosive because of it. I don't know, it may just be me, but I thought he looked a lot more fluid in the octagon last weekend. Not a bad showing under the circumstances.

Both are equal in my opinion, Perry just wants to get paid...I'll watch him fight anyone.

People making threads about him because they think its trendy and hip.....but actually feel indifferent toward him as a fighter....

If the UFC was smart, they would read all of the Sherdog threads started on Perry and use it as a marketing tool for him and generate interest from casuals with clips of his KO's.

Perry gets wrecked by anyone in the top 10. He lost to a super model for crying out loud.

1. He hasn't accomplished shit yet.
2. He's exciting to watch.
3. If he can expand his skill set, who know how far he can go.
4. If he keeps trying to bully his opponents, he's not beating top 5.

Think you might have quoted the wrong person there ol' chap. I love Perry's fights.
I was just adding on to your post. I wasn't calling you a hater and agree that it's hard not to like Perry's fights. Dude is a savage. Cheers, buddy.

Back