What's with this Bellator praising?

Brood

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Recently I came across a bunch of posts here that were bashing (and rightfully so, imo) the UFC for making stupid decisions. Decisions such as releasing high level fighters, diminishing the value of titles and choosing popularity and trash-talking over skill. Usually those posters end with a wish for Bellator to grow and expand on behalf of the UFC in order for it correct such wrongs.

I don't get it.
I really wish I could trust Coker to follow a path that values skill and good match-ups over casual popularity and freak show, but come on... We're talking about an organisation that puts on a card with solid fighters like Larkin, Lima, Davis, Bader, Chandler or even promising prospects like Pico and and Hardy, and who's headlining the event? Washed up Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen, with co main event bringing Fedor for what's probably gonna be another sub-par performance. The same organization that set up ridiculous fights like Kimbo slice vs DADA 5000 or Gracie VS Shamrock 3 ffs.
It seems more likely that all the shit the UFC has been doing lately makes it more like Bellator, rather than the other way around.

Is there really a chance that if (and that's a big if) Bellator becomes serious competitor for the UFC, it's gonna do any better in those regards?

oh wow, who the fuck cares?

at the end of the day, fedor is fighting and that's what matters. and let's be honest, both fedor and mitrione are guys at the tail end of their careers, just let them bang for 15 minutes

Its entertainment versus pure sport competition. Bellator is what it is and I believe is clear that they are about entertainment, UFC fakes its way about being purely about the sport. If UFC stuck strictly with their rankings and had the fights people want they wouldnt have an issue as they claim to be the top promotion.

lol at losers who still watch the UFC, its all about the B'tor these days mang

I don't know how people praise that modified WWE shit. It's so bad. Even with all the suspect decisions the UFC makes, they are miles ahead of Bellator in every way.

They do what sells best.. more sales = more income = better fighters.

They are doing a great job and a monopoly is never good..

Still not the organization that let James Toney fight Randy Couture though.

I would guess some are marketing posts. Back in the UFC spike days you got a lot of that in favor of the ufc.

Bellator is just getting started. With Mauro and no tournaments and no connection to their roots, might want to go ahead and change that name.

The Bellator product has sucked the last 10 times I've watched it.

You need those freak show fights to get ratings in order to keep your TV deal. Coker did it with strikeforce too... Then the casuals who tune in to watch people like Kimbo fight might see someone good on the card that they never heard of before and tune in again to watch them fight at a later event.

I know right? They should totally put Douglas Lima as the PPV headliner.

1 million PPV buys guaranteed!

oh wow, who the fuck cares?

at the end of the day, fedor is fighting and that's what matters. and let's be honest, both fedor and mitrione are guys at the tail end of their careers, just let them bang for 15 minutes

Dunno dude, if you don't care, why react in the first place?
As you said, Fedor & Mitrione are long gone. I would never understand why would anyone who likes Fedor and/or considers him the GOAT would wanna watch watered-down performances from his current version.

Hardcore fans shouldn't complain about lame CM Punk fights while rooting for lame Fedor/Sonnen/Liddel fights.

People just want to see the UFC monopoly go away.

Most posters on this forum can't name a homegrown Bellator talent besides the ones already signed by the UFC.

I don't know how they could even think of letting Chael headline after his last performance. May as well have gotten Ken Shamrock.

As Bellator 180 approaches, UFC shills' suicide watch intensifies.

The UFC and the heavies suck so much at this point the mods are allowing Bellator discussion. That's how fucking sad the state of MMA and this forum is right now.

You'd be a horrible businessman if you don't understand.

The UFC and the heavies suck so much at this point the mods are allowing Bellator discussion. That's how fucking sad the state of the UFC and this forum is right now.

The UFC and the heavies suck so much at this point the mods are allowing Bellator discussion. That's how fucking sad the state of MMA and this forum is right now.

The state of MMA is great. Sonnen / Silva, Emelianenko / Mitrione, Larkin / Lima, Chandler, Aaron Pico's debut, Davis / Bader, James Gallagher's first real test in Chinzo Machida.

There is more to MMA than WME-IMG's shitshow.

Back