What's with the Joanna campaign?

These last two weeks have been a campaign of excuses. Look. When I go back an look at her bouts, she's been dropped in her last 3 out of four fights. She comes back to win by decision. Her last two out of four opponents got tired. And she only looked great against Jessica Andrade.

She's a counter fighter who just peppers you with strikes, and her foot work is predictable. It's time to admit that her style and chin were bound to be exposed sooner then later. Stocky short wrestlers aren't gonna do it. Footwork and punching power will.

Her ego can't accept the fact that she lost to Rose so easily.

I don't think Joanna makes it all five rounds against anyone with a knockout punch. She doesn't have the chin for it.

Funny thing is Rose never showed this knockout punch before, infact no UFC strawweight has ever exhibited such power. That's what gives credence to the "excuse."

The Monday after the fight Helwani asked her about the weight cut, she refused to discuss it. That was a big clue and finally a month later she spills the beans.

Sure the loss was down to Joanna, she chose her nutritionist, she stuck with them when Nunes dumped them, she defended them when Borg dumped them, took no notice of Weidman and Dillashaw dumping them. She lost her belt fair and square, just as much as if she'd spent the camp in bed with McGregor and his ten hookers. But that is what lost her the belt not Rose's magical power.

These last two weeks have been a campaign of excuses. Look. When I go back an look at her bouts, she's been dropped in her last 3 out of four fights. She comes back to win by decision. Her last two out of four opponents got tired. And she only looked great against Jessica Andrade.

She's a counter fighter who just peppers you with strikes, and her foot work is predictable. It's time to admit that her style and chin were bound to be exposed sooner then later. Stocky short wrestlers aren't gonna do it. Footwork and punching power will.

I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion. First off, how many people actually considered that Rose was going to catch and hurt JJ? Correct the answer is pretty much nobody. They thought she would maybe threaten in the scrambles with a submission.

Footwork and punching power is not something that instantly comes to mind when you ask about Rose.

JJ is a busy fighter and she does have a pressuring style with a lot of volume, it is a style that works especially fighting at just over 100 pounds.

fighters get caught and hurt sometimes.

It's not Joanna's campaign. She doesn't even have contact with her s/c coach and didn't even talk with him since her fight. That what he said on IG. So hard to not belive him.
There's some shit going on around this fight backstage. These nutrionists are connected with some influnencial mng group, also got strong connections with ATT gym, many famous names are/were under them.
ATT s/c coach basicly went rogue on them and his buddy basicly said Weidman lost to Rockhold mainly because of these nutrionists. Just wait and see what will happen next.

7e2d7b40aac2ff3ac54afc9a7689ff56---stages-of-grief-grief-counseling.jpg

I’ve said it before, moving camps was a terrible decision, she’s surrounded by yes people.

it was one of the most satisfying moments of 2017 seeing someone who was such a bitch before the fight get totally humbled.. can't get much better than that.

No. That's not what I"m saying. She's great. She's fast, a great counter striker, and smart. I'm saying her weaknesses are starting to hinder all of her good traits, and out of her last 4 fights, it just looked like each fighter was getting close to solving that puzzle. She hasn't looked great for a while.
Before this fight the only competitive fight she has had was with Claudia. Andrade had NOTHING for for her, Karolina had one good round, Valerie didn't put up much of a fight.

she's in some serious denial. classic example of someone who literally can't handle losing.

JJ looking to do some of this...

8be487f643648c9b56deb7e17732c0a7.gif

I might pick JJ to win the rematch tbh.
JJ can pretty much work on some things and would probably still the favorite vs. Rose...but let's not take away that Rose beat her up no excuse.

I honesty believe she's better then rose
And rose got lucky
Not so sure. Her takedown defense and ability to get up is better than Rose's. But Rose is a pretty good striker and better submission artist. Stylistically it is an interesting matchup.

It's difficult to take defeat after a long streak.

Give her another two losses and she will be more comfortable about it.

While i agree her behavior post loss is bizarre, "i didn't tap", "it was an accident", "perfecting athletes screwed me" "i'm going to be even more arrogant next time!" ...
she underestimated rose. She started talking about retiring undefeated, breaking ronda's record and her legacy and looked past rose, and as has happened many times before, she paid for it, got smacked up and lost her belt.
doesn't mean she suddenly sucks. she defended the belt 5 times in dominant fashion.

Back