What's with the Joanna campaign?

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
These last two weeks have been a campaign of excuses. Look. When I go back an look at her bouts, she's been dropped in her last 3 out of four fights. She comes back to win by decision. Her last two out of four opponents got tired. And she only looked great against Jessica Andrade.

She's a counter fighter who just peppers you with strikes, and her foot work is predictable. It's time to admit that her style and chin were bound to be exposed sooner then later. Stocky short wrestlers aren't gonna do it. Footwork and punching power will.

These last two weeks have been a campaign of excuses. Look. When I go back an look at her bouts, she's been dropped in her last 3 out of four fights. She comes back to win by decision. Her last two out of four opponents got tired. And she only looked great against Jessica Andrade.

She's a counter fighter who just peppers you with strikes, and her foot work is predictable. It's time to admit that her style and chin were bound to be exposed sooner then later. Stocky short wrestlers aren't gonna do it. Footwork and punching power will.

Campaign of excuses? She made one interview for polish magazine.

She has some stupid excuses for getting her ass kicked by Rose but she looked fantastic in every other fight. Your criticism of her other fights is silly.

I might pick JJ to win the rematch tbh.

I honesty believe she's better then rose
And rose got lucky

"Anyone can lose in the first round, a real champion goes all five rounds."

~ Mike Brown

I honesty believe she's better then rose
And rose got lucky

I personally believe the most logical explanation is that JJ got too full of herself & clearly underestimated a well prepared Rose.

JJ & the belt translates all too well, the story of Smeagol & "his precious".

I’m a fan of Joanna, but she is not going the right way about dealing with the loss. She’s undoing some of the goodwil she generated, losing fans, and not really making a case for a rematch with allof her complaints/put-downs of Rose.

Sherdoggers will never be able to seperate their opinion of a fighters personality from their perception of their skill.

She's basically making excuses and giving Rose zero credit.

At least Honda was actually stopping her opponents. Joanna was never as dominant as the Fox analysts wanted you to believe.

Rose was stronger mentally and didn't back down. Think JJ was caught off guard.

That's cool to see the "JJ was never that good" stuff has started.

No. That's not what I"m saying. She's great. She's fast, a great counter striker, and smart. I'm saying her weaknesses are starting to hinder all of her good traits, and out of her last 4 fights, it just looked like each fighter was getting close to solving that puzzle. She hasn't looked great for a while.

That's cool to see the "JJ was never that good" stuff has started.

Thinking the same thing. Arguably one of the most dominant champs in recent UFC history, loses one fight, and she is exposed, has no chin and sucks.

Back