Whats with all the Rich Pinami love?

MaxMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Move if wrong forum.

What's with everyone on here being all into Rich Pinami? I had no idea who the guy was until I saw the post on here about him being dead. Looked him up and I have to say, I'm a bit surprised that this guy had as much internet fame as he did.

I mean, the dude literally looked like a He-man action figure. It was quite obvious at first glance, that this man had serious drug/plastic surgery/mental health issues. Is this what young fitness enthusiasts are really aspiring to look and be like? To look like a cartoon character.

I thought the whole point of physical fitness was to either enhance/prolong your life or to get your body to a specific standard of athletic capacity. This guy Pinami's body looked neither healthy or like it could even walk down the street without have to stop to catch his breath... much less handle any sort of sustained strenuous workload.

Can someone please give me some insight into the mind of people that would seriously follow a person like him for Physical fitness advice/counsel?

I don't think even most of his fans wanted to look like him. Maybe they wanted to build muscle and get jacked but I don't think most of his fans aspired to look like him. I think his appeal came down to 3 things:

-He was brutally honest in a way that very few people in that realm had ever been. He started his YouTube run by leaving his role as a supplement company rep to start his own channel telling people that most supplements are bullshit and steroids are really the only thing that will expedite the muscle building process. He admitted to doing steroids for most of his adult life, he admitted that he used synthol and other forms of site enhancement. He urged people to stay natural. He talked openly about drugs and all kinds of taboo stuff.
-He built a huge fan base by showing up to all the fitness expos and garnered a reputation for staying all day and meeting every single fan who wanted a picture. He engaged his fans on social media. He seemed like a genuinely cool guy even if itd be hard to approve of his lifestyle.
-He lived a unique life. People lived vicariously through him bc he lived a life that was interesting and in many ways awesome but also not something most people would want to live themselves. He had a ton of money, drove Bentleys and Maseratis, he lived in mansions and banged cartoonish blond chicks with huge tits and ass. He never worked a job for anyone else, he lived life on his own terms.

Love him or hate him he pretty much created the YouTube "fitness" and bodybuilding thing. Its true that a lot of his fans were probably impressionable teen boys and they thought he was the man and in many ways he wasn't the best influence, but he had a huge and diverse fan base.

This is weird I feel like I just gave his eulogy.

I don't think even most of his fans wanted to look like him. Maybe they wanted to build muscle and get jacked but I don't think most of his fans aspired to look like him. I think his appeal came down to 3 things:

-He was brutally honest in a way that very few people in that realm had ever been. He started his YouTube run by leaving his role as a supplement company rep to start his own channel telling people that most supplements are bullshit and steroids are really the only thing that will expedite the muscle building process. He admitted to doing steroids for most of his adult life, he admitted that he used synthol and other forms of site enhancement. He urged people to stay natural. He talked openly about drugs and all kinds of taboo stuff.
-He built a huge fan base by showing up to all the fitness expos and garnered a reputation for staying all day and meeting every single fan who wanted a picture. He engaged his fans on social media. He seemed like a genuinely cool guy even if itd be hard to approve of his lifestyle.
-He lived a unique life. People lived vicariously through him bc he lived a life that was interesting and in many ways awesome but also not something most people would want to live themselves. He had a ton of money, drove Bentleys and Maseratis, he lived in mansions and banged cartoonish blond chicks with huge tits and ass. He never worked a job for anyone else, he lived life on his own terms.

Love him or hate him he pretty much created the YouTube "fitness" and bodybuilding thing. Its true that a lot of his fans were probably impressionable teen boys and they thought he was the man and in many ways he wasn't the best influence, but he had a huge and diverse fan base.

This is weird I feel like I just gave his eulogy.

I was expecting a lot trolling in response to my thread, I appreciate you taking the time to give me this insight!

Aren't you the one who said you could beat up Mike Tyson?

If it makes you feel any better I really didn't know who Rich Piana is until his death, but the way @dsdoubled described him I can see why people loved him based on his character. Besides powerlifting I really don't follow or pay attention to any other fitness/iron related people. I can't even tell you who won Mr. Olympia after Jay Cutler. I guess when I was into that world in the late 90s, early-mid 2000s youtube didn't even exist and social media was just started to get more popular with myspace.

Spelling Piana, Pinami, was a nice touch.

I was never a fan. The videos that I watched never appealed to me either. Dude got out of breath just thinking about exercise.

That being said, he did have a lot of fans and likely touched a lot of lives through his videos. He seemed like an alright guy, so it sucks that he died so early.

It was unfortunate that Rich passed away. However, when reflecting on life and death, I always loved life and detest death simply because life is like a beautiful lie and death is the painful truth.

It was unfortunate that Rich passed away. However, when reflecting on life and death, I always loved life and detest death simply because life is like a beautiful lie and death is the painful truth.
How long did you have to wait to use that one?

How long did you have to wait to use that one?

Not too long since.
5cd7478e9a6f8893b288512b6181d658--smiling-animals-smiling-dogs.jpg

Longer than it took me to think of rich pastrami.
I was thinking Rich Panini.

Could be a pastrami panini. Fuck, I love a good panini. Mmmm.... Pastrami, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing for a Reuben panini. Ohhhhh yeeeeaaaaaah....

I am going back to Italy in October and I will devour awe da cured meats!

Well, I'd never heard of him. And still haven't heard of him other than that other thread here saying he was dead, from which I learned he was a bodybuilder. And perhaps associated with BB.com in some way.

I don't know anything about bodybuilding or people who do it, and I am happy to keep it that way. But I think it's usually sad when people die. So, to that extent, yes, shame. Poor guy, poor family- presuming he had one.

GUy was a weirdo. Wasn't hurting anybody. Why the animus

Back