Whats up with Rizin?

Neptun

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Only 10 Days to the first Show and no more fights announcement. Is this all what why see? No HW Fights? No freak Fights except Gabi? For a NYE is the Card a little poor.

They're saving a surprise fight between Bob Sapp and Giant Silva.

not enough grandmas willing to fight

They have already announced 12 fights for each events.

How the fuck did they greenlight Cro Cop vs. TK.....a fight that literally nobody gives a fuck about and then not give Aliakbari a fight?
I don't like cc vs tk....but Aliakbari was a free agent, nothing to do there.....in Japan cc and tk are far bigger stars than Amir. Sadly in Japan he is just a victim of cc

I wish Don Quijote decided to get back into the fight game.

Im very disappointed in where Rizin is going as a promotion...

I mean, Gabi Garcia fighting another grandma? Who the hell wants to see that?

The most important thing for them now is to give fights that japanese audience want to see. That is the way to build stabile home fan base that will watch their events regulary and provide income and financial stability for the promotion, and to increase number of events per year.

And after that is achieved, then will be the time to go for serious strenghtening of the divisions. You have to take one step at the time.

Once they build a stabile base of home fans, consumers and audience, then they can gather and purchase avaliable talent and free agents, or even overpay some more than they can get elswhere just to get them and strenghten the roster.

The most important thing for them now is to give fights that japanese audience want to see. That is the way to build stabile home fan base that will watch their events regulary and provide income and financial stability for the promotion, and to increase number of events per year.

And after that is achieved, then will be the time to go for serious strenghtening of the divisions. You have to take one step at the time.

Once they build a stabile base of home fans, consumers and audience, then they can gather and purchase avaliable talent and free agents, or even overpay some more than they can get elswhere just to get them and strenghten the roster.

I get what youre saying, but seems to me theyre going for the the freakshow / pro wrestling audience and enviornment for their product overall.

Also i would like if they dumped WMMA. Japan doesnt need wmma, never did, never had good female fighters, i have no idea why they doing it now. They got like 5 WMMA fights on next card, noone ever heard about any of those girls, many of them are from pro wrestling and dont know how to throw a straight punch, and i just dont get the point of it, its watering down what already is a heavily watered down product.

Anyway, im not happy...

Also i would like if they dumped WMMA. Japan doesnt need wmma, never did, never had good female fighters, i have no idea why they doing it now. They got like 5 WMMA fights on next card, noone ever heard about any of those girls, many of them are from pro wrestling and dont know how to throw a straight punch, and i just dont get the point of it, its watering down what already is a heavily watered down product.

Anyway, im not happy...
RENA is one of their biggest draws and her fights have gotten some of their highest ratings on Fuji TV.

They built an entire tournament just for her basically.

Them dumping her in favor of pleasing a handful of foreign fans who don't really increase their ratings would a horrendous idea from a buisness perspective.

Those Rizin cards arent very interesting. Not much there.

Its two tournaments for Rena and Horiguchi and then its Tenshin.

Those Rizin cards arent very interesting. Not much there.

Its two tournaments for Rena and Horiguchi and then its Tenshin.

Have you seen Yusuke Yachi fight? IMO one of the most promising Japanese FW/LW's in ages. He trains at KID Yamamoto's Krazy Bee gym and is on a nice 3-0 all finishes streak in Rizin (including Kitaoka and Cruickshank). Gomi is being fed to him, though.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Yusuke-Yachi-44738

It's a good thing most fans don't run the promotions, that's for sure

Their fans, most of the negativity towards it is from the west who RIZIN doesn't care about.

I get what youre saying, but seems to me theyre going for the the freakshow / pro wrestling audience and enviornment for their product overall.

Anyway, im not happy...
All of this just wrong, way wrong

Back