What's the most hours you've ever worked in a week?

I worked over a 100 hours for 7 days straight when I worked the night shift at a warehouse when I was 18

In summer of 2006 at Ft. Irwin, my squad had to work every day from 6am to 10pm.

16 × 7 = 112 hours.

And after taxes I was making $356 a week.

Civilian contractors were working with were making $60 a hour up to 40 hours a week, then $90 from hours 40-60, and then $120 for every hour after 60.

Do the math for the bank they were making, and the pennies soldiers were making.

When I was in Utility work (Water Dept) I had a handful of very busy weeks, with my final week being the worst

Working in Security I could amass some good hours by working 12 hours shifts on off days, pretty easy in comparison

86.something or 87.something. Worked 3700 hours in a year before.

About 110. It was in April of 2012, I was working with the senior litigation partner at the firm I was with at the time and I was a junior associate doing everything I was told by him and we were prepping for an 8 day trial over a failed $4 million commercial real estate transaction. In the week prior to the trial Monday to Friday I worked 9am to midnight every day, and then over the weekend worked 9am to 2:30am both days. Then the morning before the trial started we settled with the other side paying our clients $1.6 million. All that work only to not even get to do the trial. Oh well.

Also, we were prepping for longer than just one week, we worked 27 days straight without any breaks in the lead up to that trial.

It wasn’t without consequence though, I was extremely burnt out after those 27 days. The week that followed I couldn’t think straight at all and was utterly useless at work for about 8 days.

Probably around 60....ridiculous.
I used to have a full time job at a tech company and be a bar bouncer at night.

About 110. It was in April of 2012, I was working with the senior litigation partner at the firm I was with at the time and I was a junior associate doing everything I was told by him and we were prepping for an 8 day trial over a failed $4 million commercial real estate transaction. In the week prior to the trial Monday to Friday I worked 9am to midnight every day, and then over the weekend worked 9am to 2:30am both days. Then the morning before the trial started we settled with the other side paying our clients $1.6 million. All that work only to not even get to do the trial. Oh well.

Also, we were prepping for longer than just one week, we worked 27 days straight without any breaks in the lead up to that trial.

It wasn’t without consequence though, I was extremely burnt out after those 27 days. The week that followed I couldn’t think straight at all and was utterly useless at work for about 8 days.
That's insane

Worked a few 140-150 hour weeks back in the early/mid 2000's when I worked in the oil patch in Alberta. After the first few days you actually kind of get used to them. Work your ass off, then sleep in the truck for a few hours, then nap for 5-10 minutes a few times through the day.

The only thing that really sucks, is that after all that time has passed, I still sometimes get into the sleep habit of only 4 hours a night, and I no longer work any where near the same caliber of job physically.

Back