Whats the Crysis of this generation? Friend just got a new video card.

I guess I just never got super into FO4 so I never played around with it's mods. Will have to check it out.

I've tried incredibly modified versions of both games... the modding process for Skyrim is more tedious and it's less stable.

FO4 I've got over hundred mods going plus custom texture packs and there is hardly a crash or even a graphics glitch.

I would say for sure the main story in FO4 is weak compared the Skyrim or FO3, but the game world is superior every way and if you play it like a survival sandbox it's incredible.

I've tried incredibly modified versions of both games... the modding process for Skyrim is more tedious and it's less stable.

FO4 I've got over hundred mods going plus custom texture packs and there is hardly a crash or even a graphics glitch.

I would say for sure the main story in FO4 is weak compared the Skyrim or FO3, but the game world is superior every way and if you play it like a survival sandbox it's incredible.
I really need to get Skyrim on my computer. The fucking console version you can only run so many mods and I really want to try the Beyond Skyrim:Bruma mod but I'd have to uninstall all my other ones in order to get all the filepacks for it on Xbox.

I really need to get Skyrim on my computer. The fucking console version you can only run so many mods and I really want to try the Beyond Skyrim:Bruma mod but I'd have to uninstall all my other ones in order to get all the filepacks for it on Xbox.

Modding both games on PC can be really complicated with the load orders, compatability patches, overhauls, custom textures.

I spent the past weekend re-modding FO4 and it took me like 4-5 hours just to download install/test mods, compile textures, etc

It also takes forever if you don't get a subscription to nexus mods because they cap your download at 1MB/s. I spent the $4 to save me literal hours of downloading.

there is no true optimized for high end pc crysis like game this gen

running some games in 4k will still take everything out of a current high end system but its really not the same

Its going to take a monster beast of a PC rig to play Cyberpunk 2077 at 4K & 60 FPS.

Just wondering sherbros...I game but Im not sure which game it is.

Seems like a lot of games have good graphics but nobody is pushing the limits like Crysis was at the time.....Personally I blame Consoles for this and Corporations being money hungry, since excluding people because their rig can't handle it, will lead to less sells.

So yeah, whats a great looking game, that we can play just to see how nice it looks? Thanks.

That's not money hungry, it's common sense and not being elitist.

Modding both games on PC can be really complicated with the load orders, compatability patches, overhauls, custom textures.

I spent the past weekend re-modding FO4 and it took me like 4-5 hours just to download install/test mods, compile textures, etc

It also takes forever if you don't get a subscription to nexus mods because they cap your download at 1MB/s. I spent the $4 to save me literal hours of downloading.
How are the mods for FO4 compared to Skyrim? Skyrim had so many amazing mods that added a good 150 hours of gameplay for me, Wyrmstooth was so awesome.

How are the mods for FO4 compared to Skyrim? Skyrim had so many amazing mods that added a good 150 hours of gameplay for me, Wyrmstooth was so awesome.

There isn't as much new content like that, but what I like is how the expand the settlements and survival mode in FO4.

The Horizon mod for FO4 is incredible.

no...it is a game.

No, it’s not a game. It’s a tech demo. Not even a pre-Alpha. It is so far away from being a game that Skyrim 7 (not 6) will be out before it is released.

Nothing works as promised or has even 20% functionality let alone 50% or beta.

Also there is no pc rig on the planet that will run it in any way that does not suffer ridiculous stutters which is why a prerendered at best and probably just CGI ed trailer was shown at E3 after 6 years of ‘development’. Cyberpunk meanwhile is up and running as an alpha.

Crysis with realism mods at 4K.

No, it’s not a game. It’s a tech demo. Not even a pre-Alpha. It is so far away from being a game that Skyrim 7 (not 6) will be out before it is released.

Nothing works as promised or has even 20% functionality let alone 50% or beta.

Also there is no pc rig on the planet that will run it in any way that does not suffer ridiculous stutters which is why a prerendered at best and probably just CGI ed trailer was shown at E3 after 6 years of ‘development’. Cyberpunk meanwhile is up and running as an alpha.

yes it is a game and its in alpha. No its not a tech demo. And your comparing cyberpunk to a space sim....ok Stop

@Gregolian

This is what I'm talking about when I say FO4 is the peak of modding right now.

Check out Sim Settlements. It's exactly like it sounds, except inside of Fallout 4. You can use sim-like plots to get settlers to auto-build buildings for you.... OR you can setup a manager's desk and the settlers will build entire cities 100% by themselves. It's incredible.

It has expanded so much as well since these videos. There are tons of modpacks that add buildings for your settlers, integrate it into mods like Horizon, add new city templates for certain settlements and leaders to lead them. It's really, really incredible.

Last edited:
If you get a high end gpu, you need a high end monitor/tv to take advantage otherwise it wont look any better.

An xbox one x on a 4k hdr tv will look just as good or better than a a gtx 1080 with a widescreen 1440p gaming monitor

Crysis was kind of ridiculous. When it came out no one could run the game smoothly even on the highest end hardware. I remember my roommate had just bought a brand new mid-high end pc at the time and couldn't get past the damned intro without crippling drops in frame rates. The shit was like a development teaser they make to show off what hardware of the future can run. It took like years for hardware to catch up to it and normal people could run the damned thing. No one has attempted that business model again as far as I am aware.

It was pretty fucking badass though when I finally got the chance to play it in 2010

Back