What's the best strategy for a really tall, long, thin flyweight?

Fight To Win

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can probably walk the little guys down at least in theory, but there's this whole spectrum of footwork and cardiovascular conditioning that also comes into play with how fast-paced even the slowest flyweight fight is. They're like two bees buzzing around angrily, bouncing off of each other with little stings that have a bigger bite than it at first seems. I'm rambling.

So you're gonna face a guy who's 5'6

Bully him and work the body, throwing overhand when he drops his guard/ work the legs

Do NOT let him get distance, you want three quarter range at most

basically you have to be a juggernaut and cut the ring off never letting him get a breathe, if he gets you at the end of his shots they can do damage, up close lanky fighters have trouble

I can probably walk the little guys down at least in theory, but there's this whole spectrum of footwork and cardiovascular conditioning that also comes into play with how fast-paced even the slowest flyweight fight is. They're like two bees buzzing around angrily, bouncing off of each other with little stings that have a bigger bite than it at first seems. I'm rambling.
Hug him.
giphy (6).gif

What's the best strategy for a really tall, long, thin flyweight?

Start bulking.

Anyone over 5'5'' is ducking heavyweight.

latest

Last edited:
Use that reach to keep them on the end of your punches, away from their ability to return fire.

Back