What's the 3 best video games out of this list?

What's the 3 best video games out of this list?

• Total voters
Last of Us
Witcher 3
God of War (PS4)

Assassin's Creed 2 would be there if therr were a 4th choice. AC2 was one of the best PS3 games.

The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

For Telltale's The Walking Dead, is that supposed to be the first season, because having the entire series seems to go against the rest of the games on the list which are single titles, even if they're part of series. FWIW, my favorite Max Payne game was Max Payne 3, but I'm assuming you meant the first one. Which was great, but it's been ages since I played it and frankly I've forgotten a lot of it.

The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

For Telltale's The Walking Dead, is that supposed to be the first season, because having the entire series seems to go against the rest of the games on the list which are single titles, even if they're part of series. FWIW, my favorite Max Payne game was Max Payne 3, but I'm assuming you meant the first one. Which was great, but it's been ages since I played it and frankly I've forgotten a lot of it.

The Walking Dead is just for the first season and Max Payne is the first one.

The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2

Zelda and San Andreas round out the top 5.

TLOU

Zelda: OoT

God of War just because I enjoyed it more than anything else on the list.

In no order:

LoZ: OoT
Half Life 2
Final Fantasy VII

Care to elaborate? That game was the shit
To each his own. I tried to play that game and hated it. I've heard people call it game of the year and just flat out not good. I'm definitely in the latter. Maybe I made the mistake of playing Breath of the Wild first because when I tried to play HZD I felt like I was playing a last gen (aside from graphics obviously) game. Im in this beautiful world but I felt so boxed in and limited in what I could do. Compared to BOTW at least. Plus I just didn't dig the entire vibe of the game.

In the discussion of BEST game ever made? Blah.

To each his own. I tried to play that game and hated it. I've heard people call it game of the year and just flat out not good. I'm definitely in the latter. Maybe I made the mistake of playing Breath of the Wild first because when I tried to play HZD I felt like I was playing a last gen (aside from graphics obviously) game. Im in this beautiful world but I felt so boxed in and limited in what I could do. Compared to BOTW at least. Plus I just didn't dig the entire vibe of the game.

In the discussion of BEST game ever made? Blah.
Never played breath of the wild. It's the only RPG I've ever played through twice. Like you said to each his own

I don't like this list. Infinite was the worst bioshock. Fail

Mass Effect 2
Skyrim
FFVII

AINEC

Shitty poll though. You can tell OP is a millenial. Notable omissions.

Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Castlevania SotN
Diablo II
Starcraft

As an RPG guy, there are some tough choices on that list. Had to go with:

FF VII
LoZ: OoT
Mass Effect 2

Tough choice between ME2 and SW:KotOR. I loved them both, but ME2 was such a huge combat upgrade over the original ME and the perfect blend of RPG elements to hit the sweet spot. ME3 went to far in the action department and while I still enjoyed it, it wasn't as strong as ME2.

I loved Skyrim and The Witcher 3, but for me both suffered from open world fatigue. By the end of the games I started rushing through the story to finish them up, where the games I voted for I felt carried better pacing throughout.

I don't like this list. Infinite was the worst bioshock. Fail
Infinite was extraordinary. The original Bioshock had the best environment, but I've replayed Infinite way, way more times than either of the first two. Hands down the best combat with the rails.

Infinite was extraordinary. The original Bioshock had the best environment, but I've replayed Infinite way, way more times than either of the first two. Hands down the best combat with the rails.
I don't like how Elizabeth is used in combat. It feels awkward how battle is interrupted while she throws stuff at you. I was replaying the game and actually got stuck because she won't open a door due to a glitch. She has a key but won't use it.

Also, I don't like how heavily the story focuses on the racist America theme. It's a part of our history, but they exaggerate it and are straight up dishonest in their portrayal of some of our forefathers. It's pretty cringey and has a sjw vibe imo but I realize that not everyone will agree.

That's not as big of a deal for me as how Elizabeth disrupts the flow of combat.

Also, the airship environment is boring to me. A lot of levels feel the same and are less interesting to explore than the first 2 games. Wooden decks and sky everywhere. The rails are kind of cool but I got bored of those 2. *shrug

Last edited:
Mass Effect 2
Skyrim
FFVII

AINEC

Shitty poll though. You can tell OP is a millenial. Notable omissions.

Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Castlevania SotN
Diablo II
Starcraft
That's one possibility. Another possibility, my dear Watson, is that he used IMDb's highest ranked video games-- the list he linked in his OP-- to determine his entries for the poll.

I don't like how Elizabeth is used in combat. It feels awkward how battle is interrupted while she throws stuff at you. I was replaying the game and actually got stuck because she won't open a door due to a glitch. She has a key but won't use it.

Also, I don't like how heavily the story focuses on the racist America theme. It's a part of our history, but they exaggerate it and are straight up dishonest in their portrayal of some of our forefathers. It's pretty cringey and has a sjw vibe imo but I realize that not everyone will agree.

That's not as big of a deal for me as how Elizabeth disrupts the flow of combat.

Also, the airship environment is boring to me. A lot of levels feel the same and are less interesting to explore than the first 2 games. Wooden decks and sky everywhere. The rails are kind of cool but I got bored of those 2. *shrug
It's a revisionist history similar to Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds or Django Unchained. It is intended to explore the potential dark side our country might have walked if it wasn't for men like Abraham Lincoln. The fact our protagonist is named "Booker" shouldn't have been lost on anyone from the opening scenes.

Back