What's Stipe's Gameplan?

Couch Ninja

The Duster King
@Black
Reaction score
Stipe vs. Ngannou is the HW match we've been waiting for. So how does the smaller Champ tackle this big challenger? Does he circle away from the power hand, land potshots on the outside and the occasional combination when it opens up, and work for a decision? Will he try to take Francis down and do some ground n' pound? Is it wise to go for a submission? Something straightforward but unexpected like a quick armbar or kimura?
I think a lot of folks are underrating Stipe right now because Francis is the new commodity and a KO artist. Let's not forget the Champ is quickly approaching HW Goat territory with an unmatched 3 title defenses - if he wins this one. He ain't flashy, he's not the biggest, or the biggest talker, but damn it that's why I like him! A humble Champion has earned his respect, and I think he'll pull out a victory here against what is obviously a very hard hitter.
Francis has yet to really be challenged. We don't know what all he's capable of. However, that also means his weaknesses have yet to be exposed. How's his ground game? His cardio? He won't be able to hide those potential inadequacies at this high level. And I have a feeling the likes of Fabricio Werdum could submit him. What you think, Sherbros?

Stipe vs. Ngannou is the HW match we've been waiting for. So how does the smaller Champ tackle this big challenger? Does he circle away from the power hand, land potshots on the outside and the occasional combination when it opens up, and work for a decision? Will he try to take Francis down and do some ground n' pound? Is it wise to go for a submission? Something straightforward but unexpected like a quick armbar or kimura?
I think a lot of folks are underrating Stipe right now because Francis is the new commodity and a KO artist. Let's not forget the Champ is quickly approaching HW Goat territory with an unmatched 3 title defenses - if he wins this one. He ain't flashy, he's not the biggest, or the biggest talker, but damn it that's why I like him! A humble Champion has earned his respect, and I think he'll pull out a victory here against what is obviously a very hard hitter.
Francis has yet to really be challenged. We don't know what all he's capable of. However, that also means his weaknesses have yet to be exposed. How's his ground game? His cardio? He won't be able to hide those potential inadequacies at this high level. And I have a feeling the likes of Fabricio Werdum could submit him. What you think, Sherbros?

I think the most correct strategy will be to mix it up.
Like what he did in JDS first fight until he gassed in rd 3 (and, of course, since his cardio has vastly improved, that won't be the case this time)

Don’t be no bitch, and beat that ass

KO Naganou before he gets KO's

I think he’ll try to Cain him like he did in his first fight with JDS. That said, the fight could end at a moments notice. I’m extremely excited for this faitch.

mix it up and take him into deep waters....dudes gonna be gassed by round 3

Make NGannou miss for a round and tire. Then press him against the cage for a round. Then pick apart his tired ass.

Round 1
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown

Round 2
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand

Round 3
Jab
Takedown
Hammer fists
Let him up
Right hand
Follow up straight right

KO

Round 1
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown

Round 2
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand

Round 3
Jab
Takedown
Hammer fists
Let him up
Right hand
Follow up straight right

KO
<mma4>

Im curious as to how much bigger is frankie igloo supposed to be?

Stipe is 6'4 and 245 pounds with an 80 inch reach

Edit: from best i can find info wise...igloo is 6'4 and 262 pounds with an 83 inch reach

I still think mike ochich should wade in and do clinch work on frankie...tire him out and batter with short punch

...im really not buying a post ubereem on the wrong side of 30 being the end all measuring stick for not being able to bully a guy in the clinch cause econoreem cant

His coach basically said the same thing about ochich after they fought...that reem became despondant after he felt the strength difference

I think he wants to mix up the boxing with the wrestling, also I think he will throw a lot of leg kicks, more than usual, because there is no fear of Ngannou shooting and Stipe does leg kick quite well when he bothers to do it.

I think if Stipe does try to take him down it will be in the middle, rather than against the cage, because Ngannou is strong as hell and with the cage on his back it will be really hard to get him down.

Stipe needs to not have his head straight up though, he does that a lot and often gets tagged, Ngannou is the kind of guy that doesn't need to land flush, if he clips you he could drop you hard.

Round 1
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown

Round 2
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand

Round 3
Jab
Takedown
Hammer fists
Let him up
Right hand
Follow up straight right

KO
This^^^^^
Expect some "fakedowns"

But i honestly think that ochich is going to put his ass behind those punches if he goes that route and try to end it quick

Round 1
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown
Jab
Fake a takedown

Round 2
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand
Jab
Jab
Fake a takedown
Right hand

Round 3
Jab
Takedown
Hammer fists
Let him up
Right hand
Follow up straight right

KO
Lol You'll never believe this, but I was thinking pretty much the exact same thing! Except I'd change round 3 to...
Jab
Takedown
Flying Leg Scissors
Show No Mercy
FINISH HIM!!!
Fatality

Last edited:
Idk I’m not a fan of the buildup for Francis. It’s all hype training.

Look how impressive he is, here at the new UFC perfromance institute where he does all the fancy training

Stipe is just being Stipe grinding in the same camp expecting the same results and I’m starting to favor him more and more

But Francis lands big and it’s likely a KO

Now I’m not pretending to have studied Francis thouroughly but he doesn’t keep his hands up and eventually he will eat some shots

Stipe has a higher KO percentage than Francis.

Just saying.

He has that pinpoint accuracy. If you get hit on the right spot by a HW you're going down, so Stipe's not the only one that has to be careful.

Stipe has a higher KO percentage than Francis.

Just saying.
When you put "just saying" at the end of a quote, the person reading it does so in the voice of a douchenozzle.

Just saying.

Capitalize on Ngannou's wild, swinging punches. Most of Stipe's recent wins come from capitalizing on the mistakes of others.. Werdum running straight at him, Overeem running away from him and getting clinched by the cage, JDS getting backed into the cage and KOed. Those are much more experienced guys than Ngannou, so surely he can find something to take advantage of here too.

We can figure that Ngannou won't run away from him but he might swing more of those wild haymaker uppercuts thinking that he'll knock out Stipe the same as Overeem, and get counterpunched. Or get taken down and outwrestled. Also lets not pretend like ngannou is gonna knock everybody out that he fights either, and he's never gone past the 2nd round in a fight so if they both fail to get an early KO and it goes the distance it has to favor Stipe.

Capitalize on Ngannou's wild, swinging punches. Most of Stipe's recent wins come from capitalizing on the mistakes of others.. Werdum running straight at him, Overeem running away from him and getting clinched by the cage, JDS getting backed into the cage and KOed. Those are much more experienced guys than Ngannou, so surely he can find something to take advantage of here too.

We can figure that Ngannou won't run away from him but he might swing more of those wild haymaker uppercuts thinking that he'll knock out Stipe the same as Overeem, and get counterpunched. Or get taken down and outwrestled. Also lets not pretend like ngannou is gonna knock everybody out that he fights either, and he's never gone past the 2nd round in a fight so if they both fail to get an early KO and it goes the distance it has to favor Stipe.
giphy.gif

this fight all comes down to proper planning and execution

the fact here is simply that Stipe just has more tools -- just needs to be avoid getting his head knocked off

does he beat Nganou on the feet? why risk it -- he got rocked by Reem

he needs to immediately close the distance and make it a gritty/ugly fight against the cage and work on getting Nganou to the mat

Back