What's so bad for conor having his title taken away but getting an immediate title shot?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by shercatdog, May 19, 2017.

1. shercatdog White Belt

shercatdog
    What's so bad about that for Conor? When he's ready to fight he'll fight for the belt. If Conor think he's the GOAT then he would be confident that he will get his belt back on his immediate title shot.

2. WhiteMousse Green Belt

WhiteMousse
    Shut the fuck up

elreece likes this.
  3. HughPhug Brown Belt

HughPhug
    You're right. If he doesn't want to play anymore, give the ball back, and come back out to play when you're ready.

Petulant little prick keeps scoring then taking the ball home with him so no one else can compete

4. JeffDredd White Belt

JeffDredd
    I'm gunna go with the money on his return if he has the belt?

5. Mixedfights Red Belt

Mixedfights
    Literally EVERBODY on the rouster would take the Floyd fight. They would do the EXACT same shit. Its just another thing for the 24/7 hater clan here to bitch about. When he does come back it will be something else. Like his hype or "lucky" win.

Kung Fu Tze likes this.
  6. Kung Fu Tze MMA Moderator

Kung Fu Tze
    Just book an opponent that will make it to the octagon against Ferguson for the interim title. Conor will be back to defend by the end of the year.

Arm Barbarian likes this.
  7. Codpiece Girdle of phallic enhancement

Codpiece
    I think you may be missing the point.

The UFC wants Conor to fight Floyd. They won't strip him because they want him to fight Floyd. And they want him to be promoted as a UFC champion for that fight. That will increase casual interest and buys.

Forget divisional integrity, the other fighters, forget anything else. If Conor/Floyd makes $500m total revenue then the UFC likely makes $100m without any cost except the opportunity cost of Conor fighting under their banner. That's a great trade, even if it means Conor never fights for the UFC again.

I won't argue that is fair to other fighters.

8. TStoner Oatmeal cream stout

TStoner
    While I agree that he should give the belt up, I also understand that the UFC is involved with this Mayweather fight and everyone involved, including them, will likely make more if they can market it as a UFC CHAMP vs a boxing legend, rather than just a regular UFC fighter

9. HughPhug Brown Belt

HughPhug
    I understand that entirely, I was just referring to the original post, which was relating to Conor's possible thoughts on being stripped.

I personally could care less, and I wonder if Conor does either. Like the guy said, if he's that good, he'll get it back if he wants it

Codpiece likes this.
  10. Overpressure Steel Belt

Overpressure
    McUFC, where the champ doesn't defend.

11. Codpiece Girdle of phallic enhancement

Codpiece
    Fairy muff.

I just have noticed a large number of people suggesting Conor should be stripped because he is considering a boxing match, without any consideration for why the UFC absolutely would not want that.

12. HughPhug Brown Belt

HughPhug
    Yeah I get you, I personally don't have that much interest in whether he gets stripped or not. There is no black and white really. I do think maybe he should stop getting ranked if he has no intention of fighting MMA for a while

Codpiece likes this.
  13. Ghostoftheville Blue Belt

Ghostoftheville
    I believe there's a chance of Conor returning, but it's only happening this year if the fight with Floyd dissolves.

He's not going to take a fight in October or November get the biggest payday of his life and come back to MMA before the year is up.

Kung Fu Tze likes this.
  14. Codpiece Girdle of phallic enhancement

Codpiece
    I sort of think if he fights Floyd that will be it. He will be stripped and be a personality from then on. He just won't be stripped until the fight happens.

You're bang on, there is no black or white. No rule or concrete precedent. The UFC will do whatever suits itself as a promotion.

For mine, I still hope the deal falls apart in a clear, final way. Then Conor has to fight or quit and everything can move on, and there's no immediate threat of him simply walking away. But that's a selfish hope motivated by me liking Conor's fights, nothing more.

15. HughPhug Brown Belt

HughPhug
    I'm not a fan of Conor's mouth or antics but the boy can certainly fight, he is awesome to watch. And that's the worse part out of all of this, like you say, if he fights Floyd he'll be done with MMA. No way a multi millionaire is going to keep fighting in a cage!

Codpiece likes this.
  16. TrueBias Black Belt

TrueBias
    Frankly, there isnt anything bad about it.

Does anyone else notice that dana saying conors side of the deal is done NOW? After people started losing interest, now theyre 50% done.

Yeahh yeahh yeahhhhh

Just do it or dont. We got mma to see here.