What's Sherdog gonna say if Ragin Al

Bend NvR Break

Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.
@Steel
Reaction score
Performs better against Khabib than McGregor does? (Both guys will be fighting McGregor off of long lay offs)

Al lost but survived to a bad 50-43 loss but let's say McGregor loses in the 2nd round via submission after getting gorilla smashed.

Is Al going to get some credit or is McGregor going to get dragged through the mud?

Last edited:
Al IMO was one of Khabib's hardest matchups. Good wrestling, strong hands, gritty fighter.

Khabib dominated him.

Pat Healey did very well too with constant pressure, and by well I mean better than absolutely bad.

The leprechauns will have some excuse ready. Be certain of that.

Blows my mind that fans of Conor and Khabib think their fighter will 100% win.

I'm pulling for Khabib, but Conor is just as likely to tko him as he is likely to maul Conor imo.

I'm pulling for Khabib, but Conor is just as likely to tko him as he is likely to maul Conor imo.
What does your response have to do with the question? This thread isn't about picking a winner. It's about how people will interpret the Al if he does better than McGregor against Khabib.

It'll take more than a good loss for Al to get credit, he's gonna need a good win.

And yes, whoever loses this fight is getting dragged through the mud.

Al IMO was one of Khabib's hardest matchups. Good wrestling, strong hands, gritty fighter.

Khabib dominated him.

Pat Healey did very well too with constant pressure, and by well I mean better than absolutely bad.

al doesn't have nearly the boxing skill that conor has..

What does your response have to do with the question? This thread isn't about picking a winner. It's about how people will interpret the Al if he does better than McGregor against Khabib.

It doesnt

Hijacking your thread like my name is Mohammad.

al doesn't have nearly the boxing skill that conor has..
Smh.

All most definitely has the boxing skill McGregor has. I dare say Al has better much better pure boxing fundamentals that Conor.

What he doesn't have is McGregor's distance control, precision or timing Conor has from his karate style. (The kinds of things point fighting repeatedly gets you really good at) This is where Conor gets his opponents into a lot of trouble. He's a monster to prepare for because he's very unorthodox and he's much bigger/stronger than what it seems he should be.

Khabib could've finished Al in the first round by his standard lay n' pray smothering. Anybody that watched that fight realized he was trying to either prove he could stand and fight, or was getting some much needed real world training to prepare for Conor. If he was in any trouble at all in that fight, he would've taken Al down and ended it.

I don´t need to watch Khabib vs Conor.

Al is already a much better MMA fighter than Conor.

No he doesn't

Just because Conor's boxing is unorthodox doesn't mean it's less fundamentally sound than Al's

They're not even on the same planet as strikers
I have yet to see Conor pump a jab

Smh.

All most definitely has the boxing skill McGregor has. I dare say Al has better much better pure boxing fundamentals that Conor.

What he doesn't have is McGregor's distance control, precision or timing Conor has from his karate style. (The kinds of things point fighting repeatedly gets you really good at) This is where Conor gets his opponents into a lot of trouble. He's a monster to prepare for because he's very unorthodox and he's much bigger/stronger than what it seems he should be.

so you think al can go 10 rounds with floyd..which is pure boxing...I suspect he'd get stopped inside 3 rounds or less..conor is light years above everyone in the ufc, with regards to boxing..especially now.

Performs better against Khabib than McGregor does? (Both guys will be fighting McGregor off of long lay offs)

Al lost but survived to a bad 50-43 loss but let's say McGregor loses in the 2nd round via submission after getting gorilla smashed.

Is Al going to get some credit or is McGregor going to get dragged through the mud?
But how much money does Al have

so you think al can go 10 rounds with floyd..which is pure boxing...I suspect he'd get stopped inside 3 rounds or less..conor is light years above everyone in the ufc, with regards to boxing..especially now.
If Floyd and all his mates put money down on a 10th rnd stoppage Im sure he could last 10 rnds just like Coner

This is getting really, really hypothetical.

I guess y'all have got no clue as to how every fight is different.

Al got battered by Khabib at striking only... If McGregor loses, it won't be cos Khabib stands and out strikes him, it'll be cos it goes to the floor.

Thats how bad Al is.

I agree. Im pulling for Conor, but NO ONE really knows, in their heart, that either fighter is guaranteed to win.

I was pulling for Conor against Aldo, but was nervous about that fight. I could have easily seen Aldo chopping him down with leg kicks, and peppering him into a TKO.

You realize through the first 3 rounds Mayweather only threw 18 punches?

So the proper question is do you think Al can go 10 rounds with Mayweather if Mayweather doesn't do anything for the first 3 rounds?

I think Al well most definitely get pieced up but he can make it.

Al got battered by Khabib at striking only... If McGregor loses, it won't be cos Khabib stands and out strikes him, it'll be cos it goes to the floor.

Thats how bad Al is.

yeh but Al fights like he's 49 years old

terrible litmus test for other fighter match-ups with Khabib

If Floyd and all his mates put money down on a 10th rnd stoppage Im sure he could last 10 rnds just like Coner

People who believe this, have serious issues...they make the same amount of money whether the fight goes 10 seconds or 10 rounds...there is no way on earth he could stop him in exactly the 10th round...not a chance...floyd couldn't do anything sooner, cause early on, conor was fast and hit hard...his reflexes were top notch...it was only when conor slowed, did floyd come on...people refuse to give conor any credit...

Back