What's Sherdog gonna say if Ragin Al

What does your response have to do with the question? This thread isn't about picking a winner. It's about how people will interpret the Al if he does better than McGregor against Khabib.
You serious? Maybe you should brush up on your reading comprehension? Please read the posts that followed the TS post

You realize through the first 3 rounds Mayweather only threw 18 punches?

So the proper question is do you think Al can go 10 rounds with Mayweather if Mayweather doesn't do anything for the first 3 rounds?

I think Al well most definitely get pieced up but he can make it.

Al doesn't have nearly the explosive power as conor has...not even remotely close...floyd didn't do much, cause he was getting countered when he tried the few times...he was biding his time, and letting conor tire himself out..it was both a strategy and a necessity...

You serious? Maybe you should brush up on your reading comprehension? Please read the posts that followed the TS post
Dude I started the thread. IF you read the original post it's not about who you think will win between McGregor and Khabib. It's about how does Ragin Al's performance look in relation to McGregor's if McGregor gets curb stomped.

Highly doubt it. I’m from the south shore like al is and I rough him up in the gym sometimes. Khabib toyed with that boy

Al doesn't have nearly the explosive power as conor has...not even remotely close...floyd didn't do much, cause he was getting countered when he tried the few times...he was biding his time, and letting conor tire himself out..it was both a strategy and a necessity...
Funny. In Mayweather's corner AFTER THE FIRST ROUND you can hear them clearly say everything is going according to plan and "we are gonna turn it up on him in the 4TH."

It wasn't hard to guess McGregor plan. Overwhelmed Mayweather early. Everyone knew Conor was going to throw the kitchen sink at Mayweather early and everyone knew it was only a finite number of rounds he could keep up doing it for.

Al IMO was one of Khabib's hardest matchups. Good wrestling, strong hands, gritty fighter.

How does that make Al one of Khabib's hardest matchup? No one is going to outwrestle Khabib and being gritty only means you will get a painful mauling defeat against Khabib. Prime Conor would have been Khabib's hardest matchup as Khabib would have been destroyed no differently from how Alvarez was destroyed. The Conor that fought Alvarez was much more polished and calculating than the one that fought Chad Mendes and would have been a nightmare for any grappler to get their hands on.

That said we have no idea what current Conor would be like, and whether he still has the hunger in him or not.

Last edited:
Khabib could've finished Al in the first round by his standard lay n' pray smothering. Anybody that watched that fight realized he was trying to either prove he could stand and fight, or was getting some much needed real world training to prepare for Conor. If he was in any trouble at all in that fight, he would've taken Al down and ended it.

I know you're probably trolling.. I just hope you realize that laying and praying is the opposite of finishing a fight.

Funny. In Mayweather's corner AFTER THE FIRST ROUND you can hear them clearly say everything is going according to plan and "we are gonna turn it up on him in the 4TH."

It wasn't hard to guess McGregor plan. Overwhelmed Mayweather early. Everyone knew Conor was going to throw the kitchen sink at Mayweather early and everyone knew it was only a finite number of rounds he could keep up doing it for.

floyd knows from watching conor's fights with nate, that he tends to tire at a certain point...so they turned it up after 4 rounds...which is very evident.

How does that make Al one of Khabib's hardest matchup? No one is going to outwrestle Khabib and being gritty only means you will get a painful mauling defeat against Khabib. Prime Conor would have been Khabib's hardest matchup as Khabib would have been destroyed no differently from how Alvarez was destroyed. The Khabib that fought Alvarez was much more polished and calculating than the one that fought Chad Mendes and would have been a nightmare for any grappler to get their hands on.

That said we have no idea what current Conor would be like, and whether he still has the hunger in him or not.
You mean Al not Alvarez right?

Blows my mind that fans of Conor and Khabib think their fighter will 100% win.

I'm pulling for Khabib, but Conor is just as likely to tko him as he is likely to maul Conor imo.

this is exactly how i feel. very tough fight for both guys. its a toss up to who gets to impose their gameplan. the best part is we know what both guys are going to try and do.

Khabib could've finished Al in the first round by his standard lay n' pray smothering. Anybody that watched that fight realized he was trying to either prove he could stand and fight, or was getting some much needed real world training to prepare for Conor. If he was in any trouble at all in that fight, he would've taken Al down and ended it.
No idea if it’s bullshit or not but in an interview Kahib said he let it go to a decision on purpose as planned by his team to see how his gas held up for 5 rounds. Since he’s never been there before.

Al Iquita
Isn't even in the same fucking universe as Multi weight champ Conor mcgregor
Al Iquita is an 11th ranked real estate agent
Conor is a destroyer

no he doesnt , but he does have a different set of skills that might match up better.

Al Iquita
Isn't even in the same fucking universe as Multi weight champ Conor mcgregor
Al Iquita is an 11th ranked real estate agent
Conor is a destroyer
So if McGregor gets gorilla smashed and subbed in under 2 rounds what will the perception of Al become who made it an entire 25 minutes even though he lost 50-43?

Reading your retarded post, one would think that Khabib is the easiest fighter to beat. The funny thing is that after the fight (regardless of the outcome) you will be among the other nutthuggers who will claim that Khabib was the best fighter in the UFC who beat everyone so easily yet Conor "almost" won. What will be your excuse after Khabib beat him to a pulp?

So if McGregor gets gorilla smashed and subbed in under 2 rounds what will the perception of Al become?
He isn't going to get smashed he is going to knock out that flat footed can crusher

Smh.

All most definitely has the boxing skill McGregor has. I dare say Al has better much better pure boxing fundamentals that Conor.

What he doesn't have is McGregor's distance control, precision or timing Conor has from his karate style. (The kinds of things point fighting repeatedly gets you really good at) This is where Conor gets his opponents into a lot of trouble. He's a monster to prepare for because he's very unorthodox and he's much bigger/stronger than what it seems he should be.
Conor's hands are way better than Al's.

no he doesnt , but he does have a different set of skills that might match up better.

the bar is set pretty low on what he did with khabib...I will bet anything that this fight will be competitive..and conor has a great chance of winning.

So if McGregor gets gorilla smashed and subbed in under 2 rounds what will the perception of Al become who made it an entire 25 minutes even though he lost 50-43?
you're MMA math is stupid and it means nothing... by your logic Stephan Bonnar is much better than Daniel Comier because Bonnar went to decision with Jon Jones while Comier got KTFO into crybabyland

also AL got lit up by Chiesa on the feet and had to take it to the ground to avoid getting KO'd, and then got slept by Chiesa Choke in the 1st round, so by your MMA math Chiesa is better than Khabib, because he finished AL and Khabib didnt lol

considering you joined 12/2015 and have over 18,000 post, that equates to about 19 post per day so sounds like you dont know crap about fighting as you spend all day on the keyboard instead of actually going to the gym and training

you're MMA math is stupid and it means nothing... by your logic Stephan Bonnar is much better than Daniel Comier because Bonnar went to decision with Jon Jones while Comier got KTFO into crybabyland

also AL got lit up by Chiesa on the feet and had to take it to the ground to avoid getting KO'd, and then got slept by Chiesa Choke in the 1st round, so by your MMA math Chiesa is better than Khabib, because he finished AL and Khabib didnt lol

considering you joined 12/2015 and have over 18,000 post, that equates to about 19 post per day so sounds like you dont know crap about fighting as you spend all day on the keyboard instead of actually going to the gym and training
???

Did I say anything about MMA? Did I even ask who was going to win the fight? Do you know who I think it's going to win?

All I basically asked is if McGregor gets finished by Khabib does that raise Al's profile.

Somehow you turned it into MMA math and personal attacks. Smh

Plus you can't even answer the question that's asked.

They will say Conor was "exposed" and never really fought top competition. Ianquinta won't even be mentioned until Khabib loses, then Khabib will be known for fighting Real Estate agents. Very predictable.

Back