Whats next for the World MW champ?

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“There’s some big names out there. Khan’s boxed before at 160, I’d love the Amir Khan fight, what a fight that would be,” Saunders said.

“He’s a very good name – I rate him – I’ve watched him for years, I know him and Kell Brook haven’t got it on, but if Khan’s looking for a big UK fight then I want to fight him.

“I don’t call his name by being disrespectful to him, I call his name because I think he’s a good fighter. I’m willing if he wants to come to 160, he done it for Canelo, he might not think I’m a good fighter to Canelo and he’s got a good chance of winning the title at 160, I’d love the chance.”
http://www.boxingscene.com/saunders...-120579?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

As bizarre as it is, Khan might even have a reasonable chance in this fight. If Saunders is going to continue to show no interest in fighting the few good MWs out there, then I wouldn't mind seeing him suffer the embarrassment of losing to a chinny WW.

Khan should fight a tune up before he fights for any title. I can see him beating Billy Hoe, then maybe fight another contender and vacate the belt.

And at that point, either retire or go back to welterweight.

Why does everyone want to hurt Amir Khan. Didn't Kell brook want a piece of him. Then Anthony Joshua and now this dude, everybody wants a piece of that chin.

Why does everyone want to hurt Amir Khan. Didn't Kell brook want a piece of him. Then Anthony Joshua and now this dude, everybody wants a piece of that chin.

Brook and Saunders had the same problem, no one outside the UK cared about them. So they wanted to use Khan as that ticket to the States and a big payday.

Kell never got it, but he got his payday with GGG. Maybe Saunders figures if he talks about Khan he'll get the publicity even if the fight never gets made. That could make way for an eventual GGG fight.

If he fights GGG or Canelo straightaway he doesn't get a big payday, due to lack of negotiating power (star power). But if he can become a bigger name overseas, thru a Khan fight, at that point he gets a much better deal. Since he's losing his belt to Canelo or GGG guaranteed.

I'd love to see it, but I doubt we will.
Im not a huge charlo guy but i think he beats saunders

Speaking of fights id like to see ( and off topic for a sec) do you think andrade could beat lara if they fight?

I saw on the news andrade wants it. Might be interesting

Lol at this fraud fighting someone good
Saunders? I agree he is a total fraud.

I think he loses to more guys than he beats in the top 10

Canelo,ggg,jacobs, lemeuix, charlo, cotto all kill him imo

Honestly? I think khan has a good shot to beat him lol

Saunders is calling out a WW who was KO'd in his last fight a year and a half ago at 155 and wants him to move to 160. It really shows who he is as a boxer.

Im not a huge charlo guy but i think he beats saunders

Speaking of fights id like to see ( and off topic for a sec) do you think andrade could beat lara if they fight?

I saw on the news andrade wants it. Might be interesting

Andrade looked pretty questionable his last time out, and one would assume that facing another southpaw who likes to box methodically is an ideal matchup for Lara. He beat Trout far easier than anyone else has, after all.

Andrade looked pretty questionable his last time out, and one would assume that facing another southpaw who likes to box methodically is an ideal matchup for Lara.
Indeed. I ask because i have not been able to see much of andrade yet. I am assuming than no one should beat lara at 154?

Could you see lara moving up to 160? Probably bigger fights for him up there

Saunders? I agree he is a total fraud.

I think he loses to more guys than he beats in the top 10

Canelo,ggg,jacobs, lemeuix, charlo, cotto all kill him imo

Honestly? I think khan has a good shot to beat him lol
He fucking sucks. I legitimately cant stand him lol.

I'd rather watch Ruiz V Golota again then sit through another Billy Joe Saunders' fight.

Indeed. I ask because i have not been able to see much of andrade yet. I am assuming than no one should beat lara at 154?

Could you see lara moving up to 160? Probably bigger fights for him up there

It's hard to say with Lara. I don't think anyone is genuinely lining up to fight him, but then again, he might be far too picky with fights, as well. Andrade has looked solid in the past (he was dominant against Nelson who isn't a bad JMW, and he handled Martirosyan after getting knocked down early), but he's been very inactive and looked bad in his last appearance. There are only three MWs who I'd clearly pick over Lara (Golovkin, Canelo, and Jacobs) and it's hard to think of many JMWs who would be favored.

It's hard to say with Lara. I don't think anyone is genuinely lining up to fight him, but then again, he might be far too picky with fights, as well. Andrade has looked solid in the past (he was dominant against Nelson who isn't a bad JMW, and he handled Martirosyan after getting knocked down early), but he's been very inactive and looked bad in his last appearance. There are only three MWs who I'd clearly pick over Lara (Golovkin, Canelo, and Jacobs) and it's hard to think of many JMWs who would be favored.
Oh i think Lara is an extremely flawed fighter. But I think he is dominant at 154, so imo he should move up, because I think there is a lot of fresh match ups for him, and probably more money too. I don't think he would be too undersized either.

I think lemieux, andy lee, or derevyanchenko are all fine fights for him to move up to. Maybe not that great stylistically but probably would be competitive, and decently entertaining.

Blow Job should unify with Diego Diaz Gallardo...another middleweight "champion"...in this case the WBF title is just as credible at the WBO. The only champion at middleweight is GGG

Diego_Diaz_Gallardo.jpg

Back