What's more impressive: 1st round KO over fw goat Aldo, or a 1st round KO over undefeated Khabib?

Being new here, but having a vague idea of this place, Fucking eh, I bet that was a shit show. LoL
It was. Same when Ronda got head kicked. Same when Lesnar beat Randy, when Werdum subbed Fedor. You couldn't even load a page. Then, when you finally could, you'd find the biggest circle jerks you've ever seen.

Right now..

Most people will say KOing Khabib would be most impressive.

Honestly though, in a few years time we'd look back at both win and potential win and say KOing Aldo like that was way more impressive.

Khabib has a weakness in striking, it was Aldo's most impressive area and Aldo was the legit FW GOAT.

I'm probally what some would call a Mcgregor hater, but I'm not a bitch - i'll give respect when its due.

Despite the fact that Aldo had lost one fight very early in his career, he had beaten the highest level opponents in the division unlike Khabib. That win might have only be second to Werdum's win over Fedor.

Last edited:
Conor win over aldo is one of the greatest win in mma history
But aldo is still the goat though

This depends if khabib ages like wine or goes on in his career only to lose to conor and he beats the rest of the top 5 guys in his div and claims the belt again and runs that div .. Again .. But as of right now its aldo yes and it would be disrespectful and ignorant to say khabib.

i mean Aldo was p4p 1 held that slot for a while was great everywhere ran threw that division wanted superfights but guys didnt want to fight him. ALDO was a special fighter hes up there with the legends

in order MM 11 title defences
Anderson silva 10 title defences
GSP counting bisping 9 title defences
John jones 8 title defences
Aldo 7 title defences
(Anderson silva longest reigning ufc champ 2457 days MM 2142 days)
Only few champions make it to 4 or 5 defences

Fedor was around 14 or 15 defences
in pride after winning belt vs nog and if you count his other fights after until he losses fedor had 18 defences he fought in a time before ufc were Anderson silva was on his undercard and all the great ufc fighters and legends came from.
He should be recognized and thrown in any goat discussion as he fought the top competition in his prime while they could be on roids.
(Pride didnt drug test) (fedor was natty)

These guys are the ufc goats there title runs are unmatched there few ways to make it and its not just beating one of these guys you gotta hold the belt for a long time and defend it atleast 7 times to be up in there goat talks.

What's more impressive: 1st round KO over fw goat Aldo, or a 1st round KO over undefeated Khabib?
For me it would be the 1st-Round KO over Khabib, because with Aldo one could make a case for a fluke, that Conor got lucky, that Aldo made a huge error in judgment and Conor capitalized. Conor deserved that victory, but he didn't really give an overall display of being a superior fighter. But if Conor does it AGAIN, come on....two flukes in a row means those were no flukes, that they were in fact legit displays of being a superior fighter. If Conor KO's Khabib in the 1st that will make the Aldo KO look more impressive to me in retrospect, but overall it will be the KO of Khabib that sends my admiration for Conor's fighting ability into outer space.

Today it would be Aldo.

Based on his past record. Khabib has several top 10 wins but no career defining wins yet. He beats Ferguson and McGregor and stays undefeated, he will be a contender for GOAT.

Khabib, the Aldo KO was incredible, but Khabib is pretty much the worst possible match up for someone who's only loses have come on the ground, if Conor pulls this off he'll be a legend.

Still my money will be on Khabib if he becomes an underdog <DCWhoa>

On paper it's Aldo. He's a more proven fighter, fought the better quality of opposition, and even set the record for the most title defenses in his division while doing it.

In reality, it'd probably be Khabib because stylistically he's a worse match up for Conor than Aldo was. He's at his strongest where Conor is at his weakest, and while the reverse is also true, history has shown that when Strikers face Grapplers, the grapplers usually win.

The reason why McGregor managed to KO Aldo is because of he broke him mentally,

Trash talked him for months leaving Aldo unfocused, angry and aggressive that it took away his gameplan that resulted in an instant KO loss.

I don't think this will work against Khabib,

Good luck at McGregor not getting pound.

I'm a Conor hater, and this will sound like haterade but the Aldo win was not that impressive considering he had to be glued back together to fight Conor.

I hope Khabib wins but he is susceptible to the left.

Aldo. Conor implemented his will with that. He talked for months and months that it was gonna be quick, went out and did it. And Aldo wasn't a new champ, he had been the best for years and years, there was no question of his status at 145. People still question Khabib and his competition.

Yes, fluke or not, that Aldo KO was one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen, and shut this fucking forum down.
This.

Aldo was a crazy win. Khabib is a guy who has never faced anyone yet

Everyone has wanted to see Conor face a monster wrestler ever since Conor cemented his status as an upper echelon fighter. It all really started after he beat Dustin Poirier. Everyone saw that yes Conor has high level striking but questioned what he can do vs. a Khabib.

Aldo, at this point. Jose went years without losing. Was it a fluke? Who knows, but it was shocking.

Both.

Khabib, although not as decorated in the UFC, is considered more of a problem due to style, size, and weight.

He ended Aldo’s 10 year win streak and he had like 7 defenses or something like that. How could that be a real question? Khabib is awesome but he is far from proven when it comes to talking about the greats

Aldo was one of the pfp best fighters at the time. Khabib is an undefeated grappling nightmare who's never lost a single round (Tibau disagrees) .
What´s your opinion guys? What's more impressive: 1st round KO over fw goat Aldo, or a 1st round KO over undefeated Khabib?

It would be a 1st round KO of Khabib imo. That's because Aldo lost that fight more than Conor won. If Conor knocks out Khabib in the first that will impress me more.

Back