What's In A Name?

Do you agree with eliminating the estate tax?

American citizens are especially ignorant about the estate tax. Everyone thinks it applies to them, and will even tell other people about how their parents paid it on their $40,000 estate, not realizing it only applies to the top 0.01% of estates, and only applies in excess of the threshold at that. Kind of like how every Republican voter has a personal story about how Obamacare tripled their healthcare costs, despite mounds of evidence showing that such events would be extremely anomalous.

These liberals need to do less talking and more listening.

Do you agree with eliminating the estate tax?

I am. Even with it only effecting estates over 5 million in value it is still the idea I do not agree with. That being said I also think capital gains should be taxed at the normal income rate.

I am. Even with it only effecting estates over 5 million in value it is still the idea I do not agree with.
Fantastic! I know several farmers that the elimination of the estate tax is going to be the difference between them being able to pass down a usable Farm to their children, or not.

That being said I also think capital gains should be taxed at the normal income rate.
I've heard this argument before, that capital gains should be taxed at the same rate as income taxes.

In a way, I agree. Only I think income tax rates should be lowered to the same rate as the capital gains tax.

The next counter argument will be something along the lines of how to make up for lost revenue. This question actually highlights one of the main divides in American politics today. Those on the left would view this problem as a problem of too little revenue. Those on the right view this problem as a problem of too much spending.

I personally would have no problem with making some cuts to our massive military defense budget. The problem is, the disastrous strategic moves of the George W. Bush Administration has made this very difficult in today's climate. The Obama Administration exacerbated this problem by being timid in times of conflict, and rattling the sabre in times of relative peace.

Proves how out of touch libtard crybabies really are. They don't really pay attention to politics. Doesn't matter what Trump say, it will be bad. I remember one of my co-workers saying "HOW HOW HOW IS HE GOING TO DO THAT? Yea it sounds good but how is he going to do that?" As if Hillary said anything better on how she is going to accomplish anything.

This is just like the Hillary vs Trump debate when switched around roles. Just hope this opens up more blind Libtard's eyes.

I agree with the increased child tax credit and the lowering of the taxes on small businesses but the elimination of the estate tax is enough for me to be against the tax plan.

OP, can you tell me what makes those people liberals?

Fantastic! I know several farmers that the elimination of the estate tax is going to be the difference between them being able to pass down a usable Farm to their children, or not.

I've heard this argument before, that capital gains should be taxed at the same rate as income taxes.

In a way, I agree. Only I think income tax rates should be lowered to the same rate as the capital gains tax.

The next counter argument will be something along the lines of how to make up for lost revenue. This question actually highlights one of the main divides in American politics today. Those on the left would view this problem as a problem of too little revenue. Those on the right view this problem as a problem of too much spending.

I personally would have no problem with making some cuts to our massive military defense budget. The problem is, the disastrous strategic moves of the George W. Bush Administration has made this very difficult in today's climate. The Obama Administration exacerbated this problem by being timid in times of conflict, and rattling the sabre in times of relative peace.

Well, the right controls all branches of government, why cant they lower spending?

Because politics is no longer about what you support in America. It's about what you're against. We had an election where the winner's best attribute was admittedly "he's not the other one".

When people stand for nothing it's no surprise how easily conned they are.
And nothing hapens.

Libtards and cucks are so ridiculous.<{clintugh}>

we should charge liberals a 100% estate tax because they want to help support their fellow man right?

We can only hope comrade Bernie had minimal support nationally. They're a special kind of (D)ullard.

If you did this at a random blue collar manufacturing business most wouldn't fall for it. They would immediately know that doesn't sound like Bernie Sanders.

I love bashing liberals but this is more of an illustration of what college has become thanks to the idea that guaranteeing everyone admission would "elevate society".

We have outdated expectations from what are now just dirt-average teenagers.

You mean when given none of the relevant details or context... when lied too and told this is someone else's plan and when the facts about this plan are cherry picked, with the tremendous downsides that are present left out, they like the plan.

That's what this video shows.

This plan is the beginning of the end of social security and medicare. Over a trillion dollars cut from the budget and more and more essential services being slashed... tell the people in the video that and they will see this for what it is: this is a declaration of war on middle class people. This is an outright restructuring of American society from the ground up. Essentially the Russification of the American economy.

Cool video though, bro.

I agree with the increased child tax credit and the lowering of the taxes on small businesses but the elimination of the estate tax is enough for me to be against the tax plan.

If I build wealth I should be able to pass it down to my children. I mean, it was already taxed once so why should the government get to claim even more?

Why work to build wealth if it will be stolen when you die?

If you did this at a random blue collar manufacturing business most wouldn't fall for it. They would immediately know that doesn't sound like Bernie Sanders.

I love bashing liberals but this is more of an illustration of what college has become thanks to the idea that guaranteeing everyone admission would "elevate society".

We have outdated expectations from what are now just dirt-average teenagers.
100 years ago, 7th graders were studying advanced mathematics. Now in 2017, collage freshman have to take remedial English.

Government schools have had these children for 12 years. Our public education system has largely failed.

Well, the right controls all branches of government, why cant they lower spending?
As I said, a great place to start would be the massive military defense budget. The only problem is, due to the disastrous strategic decisions of the Bush administration, and the ill timed timidity and then saber rattling of the Obama Administration, this simply isn't feasible at this time.

Trump has made massive cuts to other departments however, such as the EPA.

Well it has a 28% approval rating, so it seems no one likes it, except the rich of course.

When you suggest making income tax rate the same as capital gains tax rate which income tax bracket are you talking about? Capital gains is a flat rate of 15% until you get to something like $400,000 then it is only 20%.

As for lowering the income tax rate with offsetting spending deductions that is were a good policy conversation should start. I would be willing to discuss that. Of course there are going to be disagreements along the way, but those are better than what we have now, people just yelling at each other.

Back