Whats happened to Giorgio Petrosyan?

J

Julius_Caesar

So what's happened to Petrosyan? He was undefeated had one loss then disappeared. Everyone keeps talking about his hand but its almost been a year. Surely his hand should be better by now? Fans on Youtube keep saying the reason why he loss was because he broke his hand during his fight with ristie and whether that's an excuse or not the longer he leaves his comeback the harder it will be to adjust hence the phrase "ring rust".

When your on top for as long as he is and lose for the first time I know that must have some effect on him mentally and I am just trying to work out if this is the real reason why he hasn't fought in so long. If so then I am a little disappointed because a true warrior picks him self up after a loss, learns from it and goes forward. They don't just quit! Like what Rocky said: it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. I could be wrong but either way he was a great fighter and would love to see him back in the ring. If he has a fight coming up that I don't know about please feel me in.

Maybe he isn't interested in fighting for peanuts outside Glory anymore who knows. The same goes for half the Glory roster though. Fighters seemingly waiting around not fighting elsewhere while Glory gets active again.

H's training. I saw a rumour that he may be in the 70kg legend tournament in Paris. Also he is busy being cool

Questioning the heart of a fighter of his level is absurd.In order to become the best in the world you have to train like a champion and that grind all day everyday is MUCH MUCH harder than any fight he could ever have.The man has tremendous heart that's why he's at the top.Fighters have injuries,fighters take time for themselves after going non stop for years,fighters have negotiation issues,fighters have lives outside of fighting,the list goes on and on as to why he might not have fought in a year.

Questioning the heart of a fighter of his level is absurd.In order to become the best in the world you have to train like a champion and that grind all day everyday is MUCH MUCH harder than any fight he could ever have.The man has tremendous heart that's why he's at the top.Fighters have injuries,fighters take time for themselves after going non stop for years,fighters have negotiation issues,fighters have lives outside of fighting,the list goes on and on as to why he might not have fought in a year.

for real

Yeah man, he's keeping busy in the gym. He was with his brother at the Top King event. If you go on his Facebook he wrapped his hands. 8 hours ago he posted that he was off to a training session.

Maybe he isn't interested in fighting for peanuts outside Glory anymore who knows. The same goes for half the Glory roster though. Fighters seemingly waiting around not fighting elsewhere while Glory gets active again.
He was seen partying with the owner of Legend...

And maybe he'll fight for them, nothing I said was denying that. Legend hasn't ran any events for a while for him to possibly fight in.

And maybe he'll fight for them, nothing I said was denying that. Legend hasn't ran any events for a while for him to possibly fight in.

The LEGEND event in December is 100% legit and they are doing a 70kg tournament for sure. Now, if Petrosyan is in it is another question altogether.

I am fighter myself Kumason I don't need reminders on how it works. I may not be on his level and yes there are a load of reasons why he may have not fought but that doesn't mean I cannot connect the dots of him being absent after his first loss. It just seems like a coincidence him going ghost for the first time of his whole career after his first ever loss of an amazing record.

I have obviously offended you in some way since your using the word absurd and I sense a little aggression with your post which indicates to me your a fan but please dont let that blind you from the point I was trying to make. Its happened many times in the past. Undefeated fighters being effected mentally after having there first loss. Its not rocket science. I am a big fan of his and my post was not to be disrespectful. It was more to try and understand.

I am fighter myself Kumason I don't need reminders on how it works. I may not be on his level and yes there are a load of reasons why he may have not fought but that doesn't mean I cannot connect the dots of him being absent after his first loss.

You wouldn't happen to train in nyc?

He hasn't been the same since that loss... Ristie seemed to have his number. I hate Ristie's style but he KOd Petro and RvR somehow...
Anyway, at just age 31 (most fighters' primes), Petrosyan is choosing to not fight in GLORY (where the best kickboxers are) and picks fights against people who are simply not at his level. Even then, he appears timid... I suppose the Ristie KO affects him to this day.
Not trashing him or anything, he's in the running for GOAT kickboxer in my book, I'm just trying to understand why at such a young age, he's showing signs of decline.
Still, he's got a fight with Yodwicha lined up, which should be fun. I'll reserve judgement until then.

:)) Gigi, it"s WHAT HAPPENED TO not WHAT"S HAPPENED TO..

He hasn't been the same since that loss... Ristie seemed to have his number. I hate Ristie's style but he KOd Petro and RvR somehow...
Anyway, at just age 31 (most fighters' primes), Petrosyan is choosing to not fight in GLORY (where the best kickboxers are) and picks fights against people who are simply not at his level. Even then, he appears timid... I suppose the Ristie KO affects him to this day.
Not trashing him or anything, he's in the running for GOAT kickboxer in my book, I'm just trying to understand why at such a young age, he's showing signs of decline.
Still, he's got a fight with Yodwicha lined up, which should be fun. I'll reserve judgement until then.

31 yo is not young for a LW kickboxer,it is prime time for Boxers and maybe MMA fighters depending of the division,he is becoming old,had broken his hand 8574857 times and he fought on the high level from 2007 til 2013,so yeah,he deserve to have easy fights now

from 2007 to 2013 he had 41 fights,so let him in peace :(

Ristie was the best ever like Ghiță but Ghiță got opposition not like these LWs. In my opinion..

who is gravedigging from the post cemetery?

How could you determine that Ristie has Petrosyan's number? They fought once and Petrosyan was winning the fight before he got caught with awkward shot. Outside of that one night Ristie has looked pretty average.

Back