What's going on with Atama Kimonos?

On an unrelated are there any Brazilians who know what it means when someone is called a real amazon. A Brazilian friend of mine talked to the Miyao brothers for a short time. I asked him if they are as crazy as they looked. He laughed and said sort of. He said they were real amazons. My friend is from Rio.

I think it's a reference to them being country boys, that Amazonas is a really rural, undeveloped state. I've heard the same reference made about Wallid Ismail IIRC. But I'm not 100% sure that's your friend meant since I'm not Brazilian.

My old ATAMA is the only gi that has lasted throughout the years. All the others have ripped. It was the perfect combination of strength, comfort and difficulty of gripping the sleeves.

Keiko was the only one that came close. The cheaper tatamis and hayabusa gi were the worst gi. They ripped very quickly and shrunk a lot.

On an unrelated are there any Brazilians who know what it means when someone is called a real amazon. A Brazilian friend of mine talked to the Miyao brothers for a short time. I asked him if they are as crazy as they looked. He laughed and said sort of. He said they were real amazons. My friend is from Rio.

Lol, you have to ask to your friend, there is nothing close to that in daily vocabulary... otherwise it could be some Rio slang that id never heard about

I think it's a reference to them being country boys, that Amazonas is a really rural, undeveloped state. I've heard the same reference made about Wallid Ismail IIRC. But I'm not 100% sure that's your friend meant since I'm not Brazilian.

U have heard it from Wallid because he really is from Amazonas lol... Amazonas has one of the biggest industrial center in Brazil, "Zona Franca de Manaus" (A place free of taxes).

U have heard it from Wallid because he really is from Amazonas lol... Amazonas has one of the biggest industrial center in Brazil, "Zona Franca de Manaus" (A place free of taxes).

Hahah, ah OK, cool -- that makes sense! Thanks for clarifying! :icon_chee

Back