Whats everyones thoughts on MJ going to 145?

It's probably a better idea of to try 170. And stop being an idiot and cutting all that weight

Don't see a lot of winnable fights for him at 145. In the top 10 I'd favor him over Elkins and Stephens and that's about it. Yair and Ortega are 50/50 fights, the rest beats him pretty handily. Hell even outside the top 10 guys like Bermudez, Choi and Bektic could give him fits.

He's a pretty limited mixed martial artist imo. I think a lot of his success at 155 was due to his handspeed and I don't think that will be as big a factor at fw.

No one at FW, LW, or WW has MJ's hand speed.

Don't think he can make 145 healthy.. He seems to have a decent frame for lw. In my eyes he tends to reach a little too far with his punches and he loses mobility at the end of his combos which makes him susceptible to counters and takedowns.

Big mistake, he is a big 155er already I don't know what he is gonna try to accomplish but I think he will do worse.

bad idea, as many people say he seems to be so inconsistent but when he is one he is a legit top 5 LW, I hope he backs from this, IMO not a good idea

He'll either be KOed inside one round,IMG_4821.JPGor he'll be the baddest man on the planet. IMG_1270.JPG

Guy is a top 5 LW in his prime, he's pretty thin for the weight class, wins over Edson Barboza, Tony Ferguson, Dustin Poirier, etc.

He already has nasty power at 155 and has cracked Gaethje and Khabib good. I think he'll be stopping a lot of guys. I also think he runs through Cub, Stephens, and Yair. I think him and Aldo is a toss up fight....and I think he loses to Frankie and Max (depending on the momentum he's riding).

Can't fix poor fight IQ with a bigger weight cut.

great move imo,keeps his power and explosiveness while increasing tightness

The top ten at 145 is pretty stale. Some new blood would be a welcome addition. He's obviously looking for the quickest route to a belt and 145 is a much shallower division.

I get why he moved down...clean slate and all...but he'll likely lose his coveted speed advantage down there.

Fighters are lately seeming to do better when they move up a weight class, not down. Who knows, though.

he always seemed to be a pretty small lw and i don't think the cut will be ridiculous. I think he'd do better because the division is weaker

Guy is a top 5 LW in his prime, he's pretty thin for the weight class, wins over Edson Barboza, Tony Ferguson, Dustin Poirier, etc.

He already has nasty power at 155 and has cracked Gaethje and Khabib good. I think he'll be stopping a lot of guys. I also think he runs through Cub, Stephens, and Yair. I think him and Aldo is a toss up fight....and I think he loses to Frankie and Max (depending on the momentum he's riding).
As long as he doesn't do like Pettis and move down just because he's losing(which he is) and the weight cut doesn't drain him(which it will) he could do somewhat alright. I think he could have a good fight with Cub, but Cub would win by UD. Aldo, Edgar, Holloway, Lamas, Korean Superboy, all beat him too. maybe he could beat Choi or even Bermudez? I think Johnson's about done in the fight game IMO.

He fucking KO'd Poirier. What else does he need to prove to himself that he belongs? No shame in losing to Justin at all. He's playing the Machida card where he genuinely believes the competition will be easier. And I expect him to have the same amount of success, which is only a little bit.

MJ will be the GOAT FW.

Too drained to be effective there.

Gaethe took what little Khabib left of MJs soul.

It's a wrap for MJ.

Back