Opinion What you really think, unvarnished

Most topics are far too complex for the people who spend the most time discussing them. And they're too egotistical to recognize their own shortcomings.

None of us are important. We're not going to leave any real individual mark on the world (Ozymandias). And instead of spending our time trying to live a life of kindness and model a better way, too many of us spend our time trying to rack up miniscule material gains. And belittling others for trying to do the same with greater difficulty and less success.

Listen, in a world where people have tens of millions, tens of billions - a couple of hundred thousand is a drop of ants piss in a ocean. Strive for something fucking better. Be a better fucking person.

None of us are important..

I liked your post, but would add: Donald Trump is not important, Barack Obama is not important, and in the cosmic stretch of our universe no one is important.

Until they are due to the deep, dire longings in our hearts about that friend, family member, or pondering of all human existence against billions of years of time.

We consider this, the clock stopped on your life today, or mine, and when tomorrow's harvest comes and the thresher swings time will move on. All the "great men" no matter how tall their statues will come to dust.

But I fundamentally disagree... I think you're important, and everyone else, for the reason any of us were loved by our mothers, or loved with a true and free heart, something deeper in us.

I liked your post, but would add: Donald Trump is not important, Barack Obama is not important, and in the cosmic stretch of our universe no one is important.

Until they are due to the deep, dire longings in our hearts about that friend, family member, or pondering of all human existence against billions of years of time.

We consider this, the clock stopped on your life today, or mine, and when tomorrow's harvest comes and the thresher swings time will move on. All the "great men" no matter how tall their statues will come to dust.

But I fundamentally disagree... I think you're important, and everyone else, for the reason any of us were loved by our mothers, or loved with a true and free heart, something deeper in us.

We are loved. We love. We have value to those who love us and we value those whom we love. But we're not important. I added a reference to Ozymandias since it seemed on topic.

I suppose there are some important people. People who shape the world in positive ways for hundreds of years after their passing. Fulcrums of humanity. I think of Rome sometimes. The greatest empire the world has ever known...and most of its emperors had no impact on the world that lasted more than a handful of years after their death. But the guy who invented gun powder? A thousand years after his death, he's still shaping the world.

We are loved. We love. We have value to those who love us and we value those whom we love. But we're not important. I added a reference to Ozymandias since it seemed on topic.

I suppose there are some important people. People who shape the world in positive ways for hundreds of years after their passing. Fulcrums of humanity. I think of Rome sometimes. The greatest empire the world has ever known...and most of its emperors had no impact on the world that lasted more than a handful of years after their death. But the guy who invented gun powder? A thousand years after his death, he's still shaping the world.

"Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic," some say.

Heat death in many billions of years, or a nuclear apocalypse in a few years. Life definitely stops, or does not, but Earth's time scientifically or spiritually is limited.

"All these will be replaced." We certainly can agree on.

Where the fuck do you go where the food is shitty and cold?

Also...stop going to those places.

Anytime food is shitty or cold I never return. I went to Arbys because it was 1030 at night and it was either that or McDonalds.

I chose wisely

Most of us spend most of our time caring about the things that matter the least of all.

We sentimentalize love and chase selfish diversions.
95% of the things we spend brain power on and worry about will never affect our lives at all and can be jettisoned

Maybe forced sterilization was a good idea. There are a LOT of Americans I would rather not have create more people.

Coal miners are fucking morons for not seeking a better job. Our country looks like morons for promoting coal. Trump is great for worldwide laughs.

"He triggers libs" is NOT a political ideology.

The far right and far left should be forced onto the same enormous spaceship, whereupon it flys directly into the Sun.

When everyone is a victim, no one is.

Antifa are a bunch of scumbags who have become what they claim fo oppose.

Wearing masks in a demonstration should be illegal.

95% of the things we spend brain power on and worry about will never affect our lives at all and can be jettisoned

I don't have many concerns to be honest, I believe in the magical omnipotent Jewish skypower of the cosmos.

I know you're not into it, but whether real or not the physiologically (I didn't misspell that from psychology, this time...) effects are fantastic.

I don't have many concerns to be honest, I believe in the magical omnipotent Jewish skypower of the cosmos.

I know you're not into it, but whether real or not the physiologically (I didn't misspell that from psychology, this time...) effects are fantastic.
All my friends and family are believers, and religion does a ton of good in the world.

My problem is that it's hard to tell whether religion does more harm than good. As a species, it holds us back from emotional maturity.

But I don't know that there's anything that could replace it in terms of basic human comfort, like when people are dying for example.

The total meltdown in communication between the left and the right in the US proves that "divide and conquer" is still the easiest way to keep a population in check.

Dunning-Kruger level stupid people are one of the greatest threats to a healthy democracy

Opinions are like assholes...

X87ww3a.jpg

All my friends and family are believers, and religion does a ton of good in the world.

My problem is that it's hard to tell whether religion does more harm than good. As a species, it holds us back from emotional maturity.

But I don't know that there's anything that could replace it in terms of basic human comfort, like when people are dying for example.

I hear you for sure, I was voraciously anti-religious on this very forum for a long, long time.

But I have always been in favor of Rich Evans, let no one deny it.

Back