What would you say are some GOAT deleted scenes?

The spider walk in the Exorcist is number one for me. The way it's set up,the way Ellen Burstyn sells it before you can see it,and the sound Blair makes after...fucking brilliance.

All the deleted scenes from In Bruges improve the story. There's even a katana decapitation scene.

Yeah, I don't know because I never saw them. They were deleted.

The vast majority of deleted scenes I've seen didn't even deserve to be put on the DVD/BluRay and clearly should have been omitted from the actual movie.

it wa more than one. Just more horrific hallucinations,squashing his hope,driving home that hes really dead,even though hes able to protest that he isnt. Im ok with the removal of these scenes even though they are great,its just too much. They make their case without them
With those scenes left in,the audience went catatonic. "The gates to the outside,were left open too long"

In fact, test audiences found the original cut of the movie to be too overwhelming and disturbing. In response to this negative feedback, around 20 minutes of footage was removed from the final movie. Three of the cut scenes were included in the DVD release, however, 8 others still remain lost. Many bits and pieces of these scenes can be seen in the original trailers of the movie

Pussies!

Hahah

i think the movie plays better without them too even though they are great. The movie becomes too long. Its perfect the way it is,but those scenes are still awesome.

If they count quite a few scenes from the Lord of the Rings extended editions come to mind such as the Boromir flashback in The Two Towers.

Any sex scenes

503801.jpg

Sarumans death scene was edited out in the theatrical cut but later added to the extended editions. It should have been included in the theatrical cut, it's a much neater close to the story arc .

If they count quite a few scenes from the Lord of the Rings extended editions come to mind such as the Boromir flashback in The Two Towers.

Sad they couldn't keep that scene. Makes his fall in fellowship seem so much greater when you see how good and heroic he is in those flashbacks (and makes sams comments about boromirs fall all the harsher).

The Exorcist has a bunch, including probably the most famous one of all time in the spider walk scene.

Back