What would you do with an extra $1,000 a month?

Cash Bill 52

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It’s not quite enough to quit your job and play video games all day. If you were poor, I bet $1,000 would come in handy. Food, shelter, and clothing... still wouldn’t be enough.

I know/have known some struggling MMA fighters that could use it. If they had health care they would probably continue fighting and just sleep on the mats.

This is a Universal Basic Income (UBI) thread. It’s been talked about in the war room a lot. I hope it’s ok to start a conversation here.

In before, “you sound poor.”

Two chicks at the same time....every damn month

Last edited:
Probably 400 more into IRA and savings, and then 600 into photography equipment and travel expenses.

PS. I'm not trying to get into specifics here (about to eat dinner and get some drinks), but by 2040 if the US doesn't adopt a UBI we're looking at an Escape from New York world. Automation and AI are going to eradicate something like 60% of jobs, including big shots like marketing managers and programmers.

$1,000 more to spend on bottle service.

Buy a shitload of gas station boner pills and donate the rest to the Trump campaign.

1k take home? If so, that’d make a huge difference in deciding what kind of house/condo to buy. Been looking for about a month or two now and the prices are quite high. I’d feel a lot better about a 3k dollar mortgage if I had an extra grand every month.

1k take home? If so, that’d make a huge difference in deciding what kind of house/condo to buy. Been looking for about a month or two now and the prices are quite high. I’d feel a lot better about a 3k dollar mortgage if I had an extra grand every month.

Yep, 1k net ! No taxes.

Additional $100-200 for splurging, the rest as savings or minor investments.

I can refinance my home for under $1K/month debt service to the bank. So I just get that mortgage, and then use for down payment on something else that is income producing.

Back