What would you do if the UFC main card always started at 4 AM?

Same thing I do with certain bellator cards and ufc cards, go to bed early and watch and drink in the morning like a degenerate.

I’ve done that a few times, myself.

xf3esoG.gif

This is the case for us Europeans.

Would you stay up?

Or stay of social media and watch the next day?
I'd go to bed when I normally do (10-11pm), then get up about 5 minutes to 4am and pour my first drink, whilst lighting up a cigarette. Let the festivities begin! In fact, I think I'd actually prefer that!

Get sleep earlier and wake up for it. Of course you cold record the card but you would have to make sure you do your setup to capture the entire broadcast.

Would you stay up?

It does

And i still watch

Live or not at all

typical european, imperial attitude. it's not always about you, europe.

As a European I can say from my and my friends experience there are mainly 2 options:

- Party weekend - just leave the club early. Everybody's anyway on Molly or coco so sleeping is not a problem
- Non-party weekend - wake up or record it on pvr and watch it before you go online. There is no PPV in Europe so it's normally on tv
So it's free to watch in Europe?

I always stay up and watch it live, it's an hour earlier in the UK so not as bad as mainland Europe.

I just don't get half as excited about it if I am watching it the next morning. It's also a good excuse to stay up drinking and smoking cro through the night.

So it's free to watch in Europe?

Yeah sure. Nobody would pay for this to be honest except of a couple of hardcores.

If it's anyway at 4am and at 8am it's online for free UFC is selling it to cable TV to make any money.

Local mma shows are ppv. Like KSW in Poland for example (6usd though - but converting it to real value money it's like 30USD).

When I worked overseas, I would wake up at 4 or 5 am watch the card and head into work at 8 am. The cards were free so I didn't mind.

Avoid the news and catch it next day.

Sometimes i just catch the main event when i wake up at 6 am, but usually i just watch it the next day. Only Conor made me stay up all night for his fight with diaz 1 and eddie.

Id watch it the next day. If this were a few years ago id stay up all night and get loaded til the fights started but now with kids, no way im stayin up that late.

Used to wach Pride and Dream at 4am all the time. Miss those days

I would definitely do different things depending on the quality of the card. If it was one of the occasional genuinely stacked cards, I would adjust my schedule to watch the whole thing live. If it was a whatever fight night, I'd watch it the next day. If there were only 2-3 good fights like a lot of PPV's, I'd probably wake up just for those depending on my level of interest. If I'm not emotionally invested in the fights, I'm not gonna go out of my way.

Would you stay up?

well, if you are from Europe, you can probably DVR and watch the next day.
(while I am not a fan of watching MMA early in the morning, I can't say that I didn't do it either :D)
But I would record it, go to sleep, then watch at my leisure later.

Are the results different if I watch it a later time? What's the benefit of getting up early if you can literally watch the same thing whenever?

Sports don't work like that. There is something to be said for watching a live event.....live.

Back