What would the rankings look like if there was no USADA?

Southpaw_27

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How different do you think the current line of champs would be if the UFC stuck with the old method of drug testing? How would the top 5 of each division look? If I remember correctly, drug tests were only given fight night by the State athletic commission and TRT was given out to just about anybody. Seems like failed drug tests have postponed and ruined many top 10 fighters in the UFC since USADA was brought to the sport.
HW would be in a golden age An Enhanced Lesnar, Ubereem, JDS would be scary for any contender trying to make their way up the ladder. Jones would be undisputed GOAT, probably be on a 15+ win streak with a cleaned out LHW division and on his way to HW . At middleweight Fighters like Whittaker and Gegard would be competing in the top 10 with TRT Vitor/Hendo, along with pre USADA Weidman/Rockhold/Yoel/Souza/Machida/Silva. Could possibly the greatest era of fighters at MW.
The first fighter that comes to mind when I think pre USADA at WW is Johnny Hendricks. At LW Khabib might find a way to cut the right amount of weight AND eat his Teramisu. What if at BW Cruz was able to take steroids to help heal his knees? Would he have been able to hold off TJ and Cody?

We can all just agree JJ and Cyborg would rule the Women's division.

My list would be:

HW: Ubereem 1) Stipe 2) JDS 3) Lesnar 4) Werdum 5)Ngannou (Cain would probably be injured still)
LHW: Jones 2) Cormier 3) Gus 4) Oezdimir 5) Glover
MW: Rockhold 2) Weidman 3) Silva 4) Yoel 5) Whittaker
WW: Woodley 1) Thompson 2) Lawler 3) McDonald 4)Hendricks 5) Maia
LW: Ferguson 1) Khabib 2) Connor 3) Lee 4) Barbosa 5)Gatehje
FW: Holloway 1) Aldo 2) Frankie 3) Mendes 4) Lamas 5) Choi
BW: TJ (I'm picking him to win) 1) Cody 2) Cruz 3) Rivera 4)Rivera 5)Barao?
FW: Same

On a side note: think of some of the main event/title fights fights we've missed out, especially in the heavier divisions. UFC would have a lot more bigger fights/fighters to push.

It would be glorious!
NTFmL7T.gif

How different do you think the current line of champs would be if the UFC stuck with the old method of drug testing? How would the top 5 of each division look? If I remember correctly, drug tests were only given fight night by the State athletic commission and TRT was given out to just about anybody. Seems like failed drug tests have postponed and ruined many top 10 fighters in the UFC since USADA was brought to the sport.
HW would be in a golden age An Enhanced Lesnar, Ubereem, JDS would be scary for any contender trying to make their way up the ladder. Jones would be undisputed GOAT, probably be on a 15+ win streak with a cleaned out LHW division and on his way to HW . At middleweight Fighters like Whittaker and Gegard would be competing in the top 10 with TRT Vitor/Hendo, along with pre USADA Weidman/Rockhold/Yoel/Souza/Machida/Silva. Could possibly the greatest era of fighters at MW.
The first fighter that comes to mind when I think pre USADA at WW is Johnny Hendricks. At LW Khabib might find a way to cut the right amount of weight AND eat his Teramisu. What if at BW Cruz was able to take steroids to help heal his knees? Would he have been able to hold off TJ and Cody?

We can all just agree JJ and Cyborg would rule the Women's division.

My list would be:

HW: Ubereem 1) Stipe 2) JDS 3) Lesnar 4) Werdum 5)Ngannou (Cain would probably be injured still)
LHW: Jones 2) Cormier 3) Gus 4) Oezdimir 5) Glover
MW: Rockhold 2) Weidman 3) Silva 4) Yoel 5) Whittaker
WW: Woodley 1) Thompson 2) Lawler 3) McDonald 4)Hendricks 5) Maia
LW: Ferguson 1) Khabib 2) Connor 3) Lee 4) Barbosa 5)Gatehje
FW: Holloway 1) Aldo 2) Frankie 3) Mendes 4) Lamas 5) Choi
BW: TJ (I'm picking him to win) 1) Cody 2) Cruz 3) Rivera 4)Rivera 5)Barao?
FW: Same

On a side note: think of some of the main event/title fights fights we've missed out, especially in the heavier divisions. UFC would have a lot more bigger fights/fighters to push.
JJ would not rule the division. Claudia or Andrade on steroids or PED's would kill her. Claudia was arguably the better fighter in the first fight.

I'd like to see what an ultra-juiced DC looks like. Instead of being a soft brown bowling ball, he'd be a ripped brown bowling ball.

I kinda just threw him on there.... but if he bulked up and had better takedowns he'd be great.

Plus, Woodley is probably already on them anyway.

The thread is about what if the ufc went back to how it was before usada not what if juicing was legal and everybody done it. Maia has been in the ufc a long time. Way before usada. Doesn’t strike me as a juicer .

They wernt legal before usada, just less stringent testing.

Even so, if they allowed peds completely. Legalising crack wouldn’t make everyone start smoking it.

The thread is about what if the ufc went back to how it was before usada not what if juicing was legal and everybody done it. Maia has been in the ufc a long time. Way before usada. Doesn’t strike me as a juicer .

They wernt legal before usada, just less stringent testing.

Even so, if they allowed peds completely. Legalising crack wouldn’t make everyone start smoking it.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize this hypothetical make-believe thread had such strict rules being applied.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize this hypothetical make-believe thread had such strict rules being applied.

No. Reading and comprehending a thread before posting is really all that’s required. It’s hardly make beleive like a fairly tale is it? It’s how the sport was just a few years ago and the guy you happened to mention was clearly a part of that. He’s been in the ufc since 2007 and you think that if they dropped usada that must Mean he would suddenly be juiced to the gills and the best like usada was the only thing stopping him.
Shut up noob

Because if no USADA I think he woulda got on the roids after the first one and then beat him.
I understand your thinking, but remember Cormier had questionable TE ratios after the first fight. He simply cant beat Jon Jones. Who also had weird ratios for a man his age.

No. Reading and comprehending a thread before posting is really all that’s required. It’s hardly make beleive like a fairly tale is it? It’s how the sport was just a few years ago and the guy you happened to mention was clearly a part of that. He’s been in the ufc since 2007 and you think that if they dropped usada that must Mean he would suddenly be juiced to the gills and the best like usada was the only thing stopping him.
Shut up noob

Are you really trying to argue over the "rules" of a hypothetical thread in Sherdog's wasteland?

Really?

I understand your thinking, but remember Cormier had questionable TE ratios after the first fight. He simply cant beat Jon Jones. Who also had weird ratios for a man his age.

Sure Cormier could beat Jones on a level playing field. I don't know if he would, but he could.

I'm not a Cormier fan but I'm not going to go ahead and call him a PED cheat just because Jon Jones was on PEDs. One has passed every test in his career... the other has failed twice.

Back