What would it take for you to stop watching MMA?

I've stopped watching for a long time, the last fight I watched was fedor live in some local org in Russia when i was over there working it sucked ass

I only came back because of the gsp vs the red coat talk.

Not watching shit till George's gets back in the ring most new fighters suck won't defend their belts and in all honesty I think I could come out of retirement and kick their asses

If the fuckin fraud Conor came back. And instead of defending got an auto TS at WW. I would walk away from the UFC, and NEVER come back.

But, I'll never stop watching mma.

If Moose doesn't get a good/fair deal.

would be mind bottling.

I havent watched a full fight this entire card, Im just about at the point where I dont care anymore. The thouht of watching the ufc is actualy better than watching it at this point

I will stop watching when i have no more internet.

Bisping vs Belcher all you can eyepoke-a-thon.

I lived through bob sapp and through brock lesnar and I am still watching so at this point I really don't know, probably nothing.

Let's say Floyd destroys Conor in boxing and Conor then tells Floyd "Hey, I fought in your arena, I'll give you 100 mill for you to fight me in mine" and Floyd accepts as long as they give him a year to train and become a bit well rounded, etc. Let's be a bit more realistic and say he accepts as long as he gets a type of Mirko vs Wanderlei situation where takedowns are allowed but no ground and pound or some shit like that but still kicks and pretty much everything else.

Then when the fight happens Floyd is competent enough to avoid takedowns and ends up catching Conor with a counter and knocks him out.

If that happened, the damage MMA would suffer from even it's best fighter being beaten by a boxer in the octagon would probably be too much for me to take MMA fights seriously and I would just stick to boxing. I love both sports and I wouldn't want either one to be exposed by the other.

Same thing could happen to boxing if Conor just flat out knocks floyd out and makes him look a bit bad.

Granted I would still rather like to see conor try his hand against another boxer because floyd is 40, if conor then knocks canelo out and goes back to MMA and gets rocked by diaz again, i'd be like.... ugh..wtf?

I'm not sure how much more WMMA I can take. If they don't start showing less WMMA I might have to peace out

Thought maybe the line would be seeing somebody literally shit in the cage, but no - I kept watching.

TBH this weekend pushed me to the brink of that point, and being able to commiserate with people here when I see terribad fights and cards is my only incentive to keep going right now. It's like fighters aren't even trying anymore. I really do think the vast majority of them have basically said, "Screw it, if I'm gonna be paid peanuts no matter how well I do then what's the point?" They don't even realize that by not giving a damn when they fight, its only going to lead people to think they should get pay cuts, not raises. But I can understand why realizing there won't be any advancement in your job no matter what you do can be a real de-motivator, and the infamous "retreat" clearly backfired in that area. I cannot recall any other prolonged period when the product was so awful like the one we're in now. Maybe the first year or two of UFC's existence but back then at least they had the novelty factor working for them.

I agree with that. Everybody is talking about how the Reebok deal is terrible because the fighters hate it.
While that is a good reason for the deal being terrible, I think it hurts both the UFC and the fighters by having everybody a little less unique and less free.
Feel like the UFC is failing to promote fighters. They are good at helping the easy ones really get hyped up like Conor. They do not do a lot to find and capture the unique stories and personalities of fighters that's not as apparent. If the fighters at least felt free it would help.

In Pride I think one thing that made it so good was that every entrance felt like it was some killer going to the ring, even when it was just a can :D so the fighters that did turn out to be good was already associated with the weird but cool production of Pride, instead of just blandness.
We had less fights canceled because of injury back in the day I believe, and I attribute that to steroids actually.

I'm usually not much for hype, marketing etc. I like fighting first and foremost. But it feels smaller now. Maybe as I age? When starting watching I was 15 years old, training MMA 15 hours a week or something. Now I'm.... older :D and when I think of my aspirations of becoming a fighter I thank whatever higher power out there that I didn't go for it, because of the bad pay and all the risks.

UFC's attitude towards fighter promotion now is pretty much, "What, you expect US to actually promote you? Do it your own damn self!" Which has led to absurd amounts of middle school-level trash talk because that's the only way most fighters know how to do it.

It isn't as fun as it once was.

I don't know about quitting watching it altogether, but I don't watch it as much anymore because there just aren't as many fights that I am interested in seeing. There would probably always be SOME fights I would want to watch; but I could see it getting to a point where I only occasionally watched it if it goes the way of (yawwwwwnnnnn) boxing.

It kinds of sucks now how watered down the events are. There just isn't the talent-depth to have this many UFC events, and they often aren't very enjoyable because they are so thin.

There was a time not that long ago (last year in fact) where the fights between guys I never heard of were actually the best ones on a card because at least one of them would bring it and do his best to make a name for himself. But now even those guys are being boring.

I already stopped, I don't know why I still come back here lol.

If I find more entertaining stuff to watch on TV. So far, It hasn't happened.

Back