What would it take for you to stop watching MMA?

It isn't as fun as it once was.

I don't know about quitting watching it altogether, but I don't watch it as much anymore because there just aren't as many fights that I am interested in seeing. There would probably always be SOME fights I would want to watch; but I could see it getting to a point where I only occasionally watched it if it goes the way of (yawwwwwnnnnn) boxing.

It kinds of sucks now how watered down the events are. There just isn't the talent-depth to have this many UFC events, and they often aren't very enjoyable because they are so thin.

Taking away the professionalism of fighting, no respect between fighters, giving big names title shots (so money is the motivation and not experience), and turning on the drama way above professionalism...it's already making me lose interest in the new MMA.
I havent even watched the last 6 months worth of cards. Not even streaming them. I rented UFC 1- 16 on VHS back in the late 90's. First PPV I ordered was UFC 42. Now, I find myself not giving a shit. Conor and WME are to blame. They ruined this sport.

Probably when Shogun retires for good... will still watch somehow but its not gonna be the same :(
Well, if he's smart that will be sooner than later. I just can't keep watching guys like him and Fedor, who age has obviously caught up to, get beat by the younger fighters who are all massive now.

Conor, Ronda, WMMA, midgets and Rogan have done quite a lot to stop me watching.

Taking away the professionalism of fighting, no respect between fighters, giving big names title shots (so money is the motivation and not experience), and turning on the drama way above professionalism...it's already making me lose interest in the new MMA.

Professionalism is BEING ABOUT THE MONEY. Profession = your job.

Doubt I will. Been a fan since the first UFC. Seen the ups and downs of the sport. And I'm looking forward to some upcoming fights.

I think the main problem is there is a shit ton more WWE/mma fans compared to just hardcore mma fans. And it's easier to take money from the uneducated

Ever since the UFC has watered down their titles (i.e. pimped them out for a quick buck) I've stopped watching MMA as much as I used to.

I used to make sure I made time in my schedule to catch just about every UFC event live, now I hardly catch PPVs unless they're stacked and a few FN cards.

No real point of watching a pseudo sport with no real incentives for fighters to win and determining the TRUE #1 Fighter per division by matching the best with the best.

<seedat>

Aka since Aldo got dethroned.

It would take me becoming a pussy and that aint gonna happen

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

If Sherdog was gone. Sherdog keeps MMA alive for me. I was a fan long before sherdog existed, but in recent years its not the sport I loved before and probably would lose interest like most of my friends have.

Tim Hague just died and as much as it sucks, I don't think it will impede boxing in the slightest.
There have been so many deaths in boxing it is seriously ridiculous.

I've been watching since 1997, interest goes up and down, but I love the sport.

I mean I enjoy watching some fighters more than others, but fighter/s retiring has never made me think to stop watching, new exciting fighters come along.

Now days I have trouble keeping up as I can't obsessively follow MMA like I once did, but I still watch as much as I can.

This card right now is making me want to stop

When the old and new colorfull charachter leaves them I'm out.

If rogan would disappear before that, even then I would lose som interest.

Already miss half of the card now....

Just thinking about it and I must say, I'm not only a fight fan but I'm also a fan of the fighters.

I'm not going to watch fights for the sake of watching them. It's more dependent on who is actually fighting.

Whether it's UFC or Bellator, a lot of posters have been clamoring for certain fighters to retire.

By far and wide, my favorite fighters are in their mid to late 30's, 40's or are already retired.

It's no secret that sans TRT a lot of these fighters are shells, so when you couple all these things together and it seems that watching MMA forever isn't likely but that's just speculation.

What would it take or when do you think you'll stop watching MMA?

Like you, my favorite fighters are the old guard. I do feel like much of the fighting in MMA today is homogeneous. Some of these guys fight not to lose instead of fighting to win, and the fights are lackluster as a result. Some people say these guys are just fighting smart, and you lack appreciation for the "game of chess" if you complain, but people should also remember that MMA is an entertainment business. We pay to see these guys fight. It's rare to see a fighter really stand out now a days, but there are some that do, so I doubt I will ever stop watching MMA.

Back