What would happen if UFC was purchased by Bellator/Viacom?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Disclaimer: Advanced reading, some big words.

This is absolutely a possibility if more changes are not made. Do you think this was a bad deal for WME-IMG, or is this just part of the process of building a company. Currently UFC is is overloaded with debt, WME is slashing employment as we all know and the fighters are becoming increasingly disgruntled and asking for more and more money

My thoughts: From what I understand the current owners WME-ING are not doing as well as hoped with their purchase. When WME-ING purchased the company from the Fertittas they didnt just pay $4 billion, they inherited $425 million as part of the company's existing debt...
A company that was carried on the shoulders of Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor only for the two biggest cash cows futures are unknown to the UFC at the moment, names such as CM Punk signing was what we expected, a let down, Brock Lesnar officially left the company likely permanently, GSP dancing around returning but still has yet to step in the octagon. By then who will care? Paige Vanzant and Sage Northcutt the pretty faces super stars to be turned out to be duds but they are still young and hope for them I suppose, and the Reebok deal .....how many kits have you bought? Firing the voice of the UFC Mike Goldberg, Jon Jones and his issues with drugs. Its no secret to fans UFC is hurting when you see their amazing new event posters made by a 4th grader.

Truth is they are in trouble if they dont start making money. Goldman Sachs led the original first-lien loan to back the company’s 2016 buyout by private equity-backed talent agency WME-IMG. As reported, federal regulators warned the bank about the deal because of aggressive earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization

Bellator is actually building quite the roster and now starting to get into the PPV scene.

Ufc is dying. Platinum mike perry is the only hope. Floyd Mayweather is the biggest name in MMA right now. These are all facts

hay guyz member when ufc wuz dying in 2006

Maybe the big mega rich Viacom should concentrate on paying its prelim fighters more than 1k/1k first.

"Dana White was never my friend."
-Mike 'Viacom' Goldberg

If VIACOM bought the UFC, they would fold Bellator and integrate them into the UFC.

Kimbo vs Dada5000

Remember that

Maybe the big mega rich Viacom should concentrate on paying its prelim fighters more than 1k/1k first.

Thank you
Also not making them sell tix like they are a local indy at an armory & fessing for injury insurance.

tumblr_o2ocsi5Fe81ue0yzzo1_540.gif

Disclaimer: Advanced reading, some big words.

Great opening

But there is zero sign WME is not happy.
Even with the decline in PPV, they are still making bank
PPV is roughly 30% of UFC's gross
If they do 50% of PPV this year, they are in fine shape since they have escalating deals in place outside of that avenue.
They might be down 15% over-all from 2016 & that was a record breaking year.

also WME's content distribution model is not in place yet & cannot be judged until at least 2020.

Could it be a bad deal years from now? Of course, but this is way too early to judge & UFC adds a lot to WME's portfolio so there is worth there.

The US & foreign TV deals coming up are where its at.

Last edited:
Bad for mma
Bad for the ufc

UFC is struggling itself

Great opening

But there is zero sign WME is not happy.
Even with the decline in PPV, they are still making bank
PPV is roughly 30% of UFC's gross
If they do 50% of PPV this year, they are in fine shape since they have escalating deals in place outside of that avenue.
They might be down 15% over-all from 2016 & that was a record breaking year.

also WME's content distribution model is not in place yet & cannot be judged until at least 202.

Could it be a bad deal years from now? Of course, but this is way too early to judge & UFC adds a lot to WME's portfolio so there is worth there.

The US & foreign TV deals coming up are where its at.
no..... http://www.lowkickmma.com/featured/five-reasons-the-ufc-is-a-ticking-time-bomb/

No what?
You linked to one writers opinion that has zero to do with anything concrete financially
Thats just a rundown would you like me to give you some more?
I have plenty, I do read a lot.

Thats just a rundown would you like me to give you some more?
I have plenty, I do read a lot.

A rundown on nothing concrete as far as financial numbers.
If you read so much, you would think comprehension would be a strong point ;)

Back