What would a brutal ground and pound loss do to Conor's legacy?

Ok dude. Believe what you want.

I feel there’s only a few people that can subjectively view things and I am one of them. I have no gain whether Conor wins or loses. I truly don’t care.

I look at facts. And make my decisions based on that. Conor is a “good” fighter , but he’s very very limited with his skills... he’s just SUPERB at what he has. And he only has a certain window to utilize it, and then the odds drop dramatically (IMO more than ANYONE in the entire organization) to win a fight.

Besides get him paid?? The most money earned for a loss might be good for his legacy

Probably similar to when Rashad Evans hit Chuck Liddell with that overhand.

It takes real courage to even put yourself out there in the first place to possibly lose, get humiliated and trashed by fans. I give anyone credit who has the fortitude to challenge themselves at all, much less on such a public stage.

He's already peaked with that Mayweather payday so I think it's pretty much all downhill from here. Quick rise, massive successful and inevitable fall.

If he beats Khabib, obviously is legacy will grow but you'll certainly get threads of people saying Khabib was never good after.

If he beats Khabib and cares about legacy, he should defend the belt once, vacate and only do super fights when the right person comes around.

What would be funnier is if he gets destroyed twice by Khabib after demanding the rematch.

Biggest draw in MMA history, one of the most lethal strikers of all time, KO's against ranked fighters, champions and a legendary fighter against the odds, first simultaneous two division champ.....
He wasn't the first simultaneous two division champ. He should've been stripped before he fought for the title, but the UFC wanted to give him the chance for that title so they let him win before stripping him.

Conor was handed that title when it wasn't deserved. Zero title defenses, meaningless fights at 170lbs instead of defending, a stupid boxing match, and holding up divisions... he never deserved the title of simultaneous two division champ, much less the title shot at 155lbs over more worthy contenders. It's a fucking joke and so is any douche who claims that.

DC is the first true simultaneous two division champ. He will defend his LHW and HW title, and is an active fighter who isn't holding up divisions.

He wasn't the first simultaneous two division champ. He should've been stripped before he fought for the title, but the UFC wanted to give him the chance for that title so they let him win before stripping him.

Conor was handed that title when it wasn't deserved. Zero title defenses, meaningless fights at 170lbs instead of defending, a stupid boxing match, and holding up divisions... he never deserved the title of simultaneous two division champ, much less the title shot at 155lbs over more worthy contenders. It's a fucking joke and so is any douche who claims that.

DC is the first true simultaneous two division champ. He will defend his LHW and HW title, and is an active fighter who isn't holding up divisions.
Conor was supposed to fight for the 155 title immediately after beating Jose, its RDA's fault that didn't materialize and that he accepted the Nate fight as a replacement.

Conor's two division championship status is obviously more legitimate than Cormier's given that Cormier has never beaten a champion at 205 pounds. Conor beat the lineal champs to gain those belts.

its easy ... if conor loses alot of shit will be talked .. but he coild easily cash more checks with the list below

1. Mendes II
2. Aldo II
3. Porier II
4. Holloway II
5. Nate III
6. Ferguson

lets just hope we see a great fight .. maybe we'll get lucky and Khabib sleeps Conor or perhaps Conor ends up wrestle fucking Khabib

The delusion is strong in you.

Fact: as soon as conor lost, he wanted a rematch, and they fought again like 8 months later....Fact....
Conor and Nate are both 155ers. Neither cut or did anything when they fought. Nate isn’t a 210 pounder trimming to 170 to take that fight.

Conor barely beat off the couch mendes.
The fact is whenever Conor has any sort of adversity, he mentally gives up and you can see it. If he doesn’t KO within 2 rounds, he’s mid level fighter at best. Serious.

Hmmmm, he gave up when he beat nate in a 5 round war? and conor risked it all by fighting mendes...he took all the risk...and he fought on a badly injured knee and still destroyed mendes in under 2 rounds...short camp might effect a fighter if it goes into the late rounds, but it's not going to effect them in round 2...stop with the excuses...conor whooped his ass...

You’re a level 1 thinker. Thanks for your insight Conor.

Fact: as soon as conor lost, he wanted a rematch, and they fought again like 8 months later....Fact....

Hmmmm, he gave up when he beat nate in a 5 round war? and conor risked it all by fighting mendes...he took all the risk...and he fought on a badly injured knee and still destroyed mendes in under 2 rounds...short camp might effect a fighter if it goes into the late rounds, but it's not going to effect them in round 2...stop with the excuses...conor whooped his ass...

Conor has enough cash and he's concerned about brain damage. If he takes a brutal beating like Barboza did, hes not fighting again.

Gone into hiding?? are you trying to rewrite history to what you wish it would be? Well, here's what actually did happen....conor lost, then pretty much called for an immediate rematch...trained his ass off, came back and beat a full camp diaz...beat his ass actually...if that fight was scored properly, or today, the fight wouldn't have been even close...the 2 knockdowns in one round, should have been a 10-8 round...today it would have been...

It was a joke.

Furthermore, there are a lot of threads bashing him for taking time off and not defending one belt. I don't bash. While I may not agree with his antics outside of the cage, I do like watching him fight.

Just shows how blind the average fight fan actually is.

So losing to Nate (then avenging that loss) negates becoming a two division champ, with two devastating knockouts, one of those over an all-time great?

Talk about blind...

<{CMPALM}>

It was a joke.

Furthermore, there are a lot of threads bashing him for taking time off and not defending one belt. I don't bash. While I may not agree with his antics outside of the cage, I do like watching him fight.

In all fairness, he was stripped of the 145lb title almost immediately...so that can't be held against him...now the LW title is a different story.

No matter what happens they will be saying some bullshit stopped him. They cant be supporters of a loser after all...

Would the hype finally die or would the built in excuses save him? For example, "well Conor hadn't fought in 2 years" or "he did really good considering he fought a man tree times his size"
His nuthuggers would claim he was "inefficient with his energy, and that's why he lost."
{<redford}

I actually feel sorry for Conors haters. They are seriously delusional weirdos.

Back