What will UFC DO prediction thread

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Will they be able to find a middle ground?

They can't really go without punishing guys that caused the ruckus that night after the fight was over, not necessarily because they want or have to, but because of the public perception of their legitimacy or whatever they may wanna call it, well and their bottom line at the end of it.

But, if they do go through with it, and if Khabib does decide to walk, it probably won't be all pretty and sunshines either. I am sure that UFC could lawyer up and all that threaten to do all the terrible things in the court, but Khabib is all the way in Dagestan, Putin give no fuck either.

What would the UFC do?

Whatever Conor tells them to do

The bus incident was a work. See my sig.

They will try to save face by saying they hadn't seen the footage where Conor swung at the guy first. Khabib will be banned for maybe a year, and the others will quietly be brought back within a year as well. They will do Tony vs. [somebody, maybe Conor] for the interim belt, and Khabib gets the winner whe he returns.

Dana's ego will get in the way and he will call Khabib's bluff. Khabib will fight in Japan against Ben Askren for the Hardcore fans. Askren wins and then the UFC finally signs him..... maybe not but I don't hate the idea.

I have nothing but respect for Khabib.... this will be interesting!

they wait for the NSAC findings - then they release the russian teammates - khabib will say he has left, but the contract is still there so he hasn't really left - a year will pass and everyone will forget about it and the UFC will have suffered a financial blow that hasn't been seen since Stitch Duran was released and the mma community boycotted UFC - tony eventually defends his belt against khabib.

They will maneuver themselves into the most profitable situation.

Will they be able to find a middle ground?

They can't really go without punishing guys that caused the ruckus that night after the fight was over, not necessarily because they want or have to, but because of the public perception of their legitimacy or whatever they may wanna call it, well and their bottom line at the end of it.

But, if they do go through with it, and if Khabib does decide to walk, it probably won't be all pretty and sunshines either. I am sure that UFC could lawyer up and all that threaten to do all the terrible things in the court, but Khabib is all the way in Dagestan, Putin give no fuck either.

What would the UFC do?

Might be how Conor gets his rematch.

Back