What will the excuses be when McGregor beats Floyd?

c0rbin9

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Fellow believers, what do you think the excuses will be from the haters if McGregor beats Mayweather? Anytime Conor wins, it's always due to some fluke or previously unknown weakness in his opponent. I've noticed the chamber is already being loaded for the "fixed" excuse; Floyd being old is another one I've seen.

Haters are not rational when it comes to accurate appraisal of McGregor's accomplishments. In their world, successful people don't or shouldn't act like Conor does - so for them, he isn't successful, regardless of what he actually accomplishes. Human tendency is to be jealous and resentful success, especially when the success is of somebody that you find personally distasteful. The reaction of some MMA fans to such a person's success is to minimize it, excuse it, and basically deny that it exists, even when it is quite plain. Basically, haters hate because of personal judgments, not because of facts.

You see this in the blatant denial of his record, finding any way to minimize his dominant victories over top fighters like Mendes, Aldo, Alvarez, Diaz, and Poirier. Instead of acknowledging the fact that with few exceptions (we'll get to Diaz in a moment), he has starched everybody they have put in front of him, they focus on irrelevant paper statistics like never having defended a title - the only rational implication being that he was ducking an opponent - when in actual fact anytime he has relinquished a title it has been to fight a tougher opponent elsewhere. None of his fights have even been competitive. His sloppiest fight was the Mendes fight, where he dropped his defense and simply out-punched the smaller Mendes. All the rest were the same precise, accurate, smooth striking against a completely overwhelmed and overmatched opponent.

Last edited:
You know how you can tell McGregor's record is legit? Because there is a thing that looks at each fighter's record and compares their number of victories/losses, accounting for the quality of competition faced - and in this ranking, out of the top MMA fighters in the world, McGregor is ranked #2, only behind a guy who has twice the timeline of data that McGregor has. That thing is the UFC rankings.

Somehow, for some people, this unbelievably difficult achievement - is explained away as LUCK. All I have to say to that is if your theory requires that extremely lucky things happen for it to be true, i.e. that McGregor is ultimately mediocre but still beats all these top fighters - then maybe it isn't such a hot theory. And well, since the second part is certainly true... maybe it's time to re-evaluate your estimation of the first part, the man's skills.

Last edited:
Fixed fight would be my excuse

Took a dive for that sweet rematch money, May didn't take him seriously, fluke, I am a ignorant hater fucktard that was blind to Conor's greatness and I was wrong (lol, just kidding, ignorant hater fucktards don't know their ignorant hater fucktards)

McGregor by KO via left uppercut, top right corner, in the 3rd round

old, chinny, fluke, underestimated, dive, reflexes gone, ring rust, etc.

If there are excuses they will be 100% legitimate.

Similar to if an alien visitation interrupts the fight, I think.

Fantasice all you like, Conor's getting clowned.

What delusions will Conor fans hold after their hero gets played with in Cat vs mouse style?

I love how Conor fanboys point out how Floyd is old, retired, small etc. as reasons why Conor could win.

Should he win and people point out these factors it would suddenly be considered excuses and BS.

You call his opponents outmatched yet you do not say that about Conor vs Floyd despite him never having fought in boxing and the fact that Floyd is about to have the greatest undefeated record in boxing history.

You laugh at people giving Alvarez, Edgar etc. a chance at beating Conor yet you complain about people giving Conor little chance vs Floyd.

Alvarez chances at winning a rematch would be higher than Conor's chances vs Floyd. Yet next to no one would pick him.

Definitely gonna say May took a dive for the rematch money

Conor should turn down the rematch just to piss them off more

Close thread, there is 0% chance mac wins this fight.

Before everyone buys it here's the summary:

First 4 rounds: Mac throws the house at Floyd, who plays defense and pieces up Mac who can barely touch Floyd.

After this point Mac is exhausted and loses via decision to Floyd. Saved you 100 bucks.

They will claim that Mayweather took a dive so that he could have a rematch and make even more money.

dinyw4tuqaapqio.jpg

Back