What will Bisping’s legacy be IF he gets finished back to back by two blown up WWs?

WW fighters have much more talent than 185ers when motivated.

I don't think Georges is a blown up WW. He looked huge. I don't think there was a significant size difference between him and Bisping. Not to mention that turtle shell he has inside his stomach (but hey, I'm not implying anything, I believe he's all natty and a clean competitor ;)).

Kelvin, on the other hand, looks like he could be a LW if he committed to a dieting plan.
Ya he and Bispimg could be twins. Lol.

usa_today_10392953.0.jpg

Bispinger's cat. He's a quantum phenomenon and it's impossible to tell if he's the most underrated or overrated righter in UFC history.

How about 3 straight: GSP, Kelvin, Masvidal.

Not a Bisping fan but you got that wrong.

All the caterwauling we see on this forum is from the irrational Bisping haters.

They are constantly crying giant crocodile tears and posting constantly that he deserves almost zero credit for anything in his career.
Give it a rest McWomann....

PopularPerkyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

No I'm not. I'm pointing out that because MMA is still a growing sport you can often poke holes in guys records and we see haters spend all their time doing it even to the greats.

I've seen it done to pretty much everyone and it's not hard.

Was Anderson's record that great if you dissect his comp? Can you throw out 1/3 or 1/2 or more as not meaningful.wins if you do?

What was Lebens, Maia's,.Marquardt, Leites, Irvin,.etc.record when he beat them? How many top 10 or.top 5 wins did those guys have before fighting him. You can go on and on and people do. They do the same for Fedor.and GSP. Which top 10 or 5 did Fitch fight?

In the end it's very easy to tear down almost anyone in MMA with hyper scrutiny because again, the sports young.

Whether it's Fitch putting together one of the longest win straks pre his GSP fight or Bisping being one of the most winningest fighters in UFC history that deserves respect at a minimum because we know anything can happen in a fight and to be a consistent winner at this level takes something special.
Yes, you are and you just typed up another long, babbling post doing exactly that again. Again, that was the context of those wins and the context matters an awful lot. You clearly can't handle that, but to borrow the name of a movie, reality bites.

The ref had his hands out and was in the process of stepping in. It was pretty obvious the fight was being stopped. It was definately bad sportsmanship. Bisping didn't even see it coming as he was talking to the ref. Criminal charges

The ref was stepping in though... so whats your point? Also bisping was easily beating silva at that point so he didn't need to game the rules. Silva should have been Disqualified.. im just glad bisping came back and win anyway.. it was justice after that cheating piece of shit cheapshot.
Those words... stepping in... I don't think they mean what you think they mean. That's my point.

giphy.gif

The ref had his hands out and was in the process of stepping in. It was pretty obvious the fight was being stopped. It was definately bad sportsmanship. Bisping didn't even see it coming as he was talking to the ref. Criminal charges

The ref was stepping in though... so whats your point? Also bisping was easily beating silva at that point so he didn't need to game the rules. Silva should have been Disqualified.. im just glad bisping came back and win anyway.. it was justice after that cheating piece of shit cheapshot.
Those words... stepping in... I don't think they mean what you think they mean. That's my point.

giphy.gif
It's funny because you can clearly see Herb motioning and telling Bisping the fight is still going on.

I think it's fine. He's just at the end of his career, so you can't sit there & wag your finger at him losing a few times before hanging up his gloves when he did so many good things in the prime of his career.

He obviously fell just short of the title many times, but he stayed in the top 10 of a pretty stacked division for a decade or so... & had some great fights along the way. his legacy is safe win or lose.

I do hope he either wins his next one... or goes out on his shield with a hell of a war. I'd personally like to see him vs. Machida in London. (ie... don't f*ck with the top contenders while you got one foot out the door.)

It's funny because you can clearly see Herb motioning and telling Bisping the fight is still going on.

Its funny that you seem to be blind, herb is stepping in to pause the fight while bisping gets his gumshield back. At what point does he look as though he is waving the fight to continue? Lol

I probably have shit on Bisping a few times in my years on here but to be fair, Bisping is easily a HOF worthy fighter.

I don’t think at any point in his career that he was the best fighter in his weight class (whether 205 or 185). Hell, a lot of the time, he probably was just outside the top 5. But he has something that many other fighters don’t, which is longevity. He has had a very long career and even if he hasn’t been at the very top of the mountain for the whole time, he was pretty close for most of it.

He’s definitely someone who deserves it for being a top level fighter for a very very long time.

I probably have shit on Bisping a few times in my years on here but to be fair, Bisping is easily a HOF worthy fighter.

I don’t think at any point in his career that he was the best fighter in his weight class (whether 205 or 185). Hell, a lot of the time, he probably was just outside the top 5. But he has something that many other fighters don’t, which is longevity. He has had a very long career and even if he hasn’t been at the very top of the mountain for the whole time, he was pretty close for most of it.

He’s definitely someone who deserves it for being a top level fighter for a very very long time.
It has to be pointed out though that he got plenty of help along the way from the UFC. Kelvin was the first truly challenging fight he's had following a loss and he actually asked for the fight.

Charles McCarthy
Denis Kang
Dan Miller
Brian Stann
Alan Belcher
Cung Le
C.B. Dolloway
Gastelum- his request

That's the complete list of his opponents following a loss. Not saying everyone on this list is/was a can, but not everyone gets that treatment. Look at Weidman, he loses to Rockhold and gets Romero. Loses to Romero and gets Mousasi. Loses to Mousasi and gets Gastelum. It's a lot easier to stay floating around just outside of title contention when you have the company backing you, which Bisping unquestionably had throughout his entire career. They prevented him from going on losing streaks. And it still took 10 years and some injuries to get him a title shot.

Its funny that you seem to be blind, herb is stepping in to pause the fight while bisping gets his gumshield back. At what point does he look as though he is waving the fight to continue? Lol
When he's waving and pointing with his right hand towards Anderson so he starts paying attention to what's going on? lol

It has to be pointed out though that he got plenty of help along the way from the UFC. Kelvin was the first truly challenging fight he's had following a loss and he actually asked for the fight.

Charles McCarthy
Denis Kang
Dan Miller
Brian Stann
Alan Belcher
Cung Le
C.B. Dolloway
Gastelum- his request

That's the complete list of his opponents following a loss. Not saying everyone on this list is/was a can, but not everyone gets that treatment. Look at Weidman, he loses to Rockhold and gets Romero. Loses to Romero and gets Mousasi. Loses to Mousasi and gets Gastelum. It's a lot easier to stay floating around just outside of title contention when you have the company backing you, which Bisping unquestionably had throughout his entire career. They prevented him from going on losing streaks. And it still took 10 years and some injuries to get him a title shot.

sure, they had him as their posterboy for England and breaking through in that market. his retirement fight should be enough to sell out an arena over there. Like you said though, not everyone was a can so its not like every one was a gimme fight. But you're right, he definitely got the boost from the company that others do not

Back