What were your thoughts on Till tapping?

What sort of pro-wrestling machissimo is this... If you are stuck in a submission, and there is no way out. Tap.

I can't get used to people calling men who fight in a cage "bitches"
That's about 50% of Sherdog posts

The other 50% is idiots asserting ignorant opinions as fact, then backtracking or disappearing if they get it wrong

He just struck me as the type of guy not to tap, guess I was wrong.

That choke wasn't in for long and he tapped pretty quickly, I'm not for one second saying he shouldn't have tapped because I genuinely think he would have been asleep in the next 5-10 seconds if he hadn't tapped.

I like anyone else love a warrior who doesn't tap and just goes out on their shield, but there is also not shame in tapping when it's over. It still makes me sick how Nogueira refused to tap due to his BJJ ego, only to see him arm snapped in half a moment later.

Chokes tend to be a little more dividing than joint locks though, should you just go to sleep whilst trying to escape, Merab Dvalishvili style? Especially in a do or die title fight like this.

Happy to see fighters tap when it's over, but I won't deny that I'm surprised that he tapped.

Woodley probably has the grip of a wrestler from the 1960s.

I don't fault him for tapping.

He tapped faster than conor that says a lot imo. Something about uk fightrs they are quick to tap. Real fighters 9from cities like calgary dont tap' like hakeem dawodu for example

Last edited:
Fighters who always have that "tapping is for bitches" attitude are the ones who end up constantly injured and end up with brain damage.

Chuck Liddell, now that's a man that you'd never see tap. Fighters arent how they used to be, that's for sure
Hendo
Randy
Vitor

Give me a list of old school fighters who've been beaten by submission without tapping and I'll triple the list with even older-school fighters who've tapped.

Your point is nonsense.

Not a fan of Till whatsoever going into the fight but he earned some respect for the heart he showed. Dude was getting smashed and would not quit.

Conor gave up his back in seconds and tapped without so much as even trying to defend the choke.

He tapped faster than conor that says a lot imo. Something about uk fightrs they are quick to tap. Real fighters 9from cities like calgary dont tap' like hakeem dawodu for example

UK guys uh?

322_Michael_Bisping_vs_Georges_St_Pierre.0.jpg

D'arce chokes are the fucking worst thing to get caught with. It literally compresses your neck and once it's locked in it's absolutely over, you're going out in 5 seconds while it feels like your head is about to explode. Now imagine a guy like Woodley squeezing your neck like that. Shut the fuck up

Whoa dude easy, till didn't even try to fight outta that darce.
I didn't describe his body language or the look in his eyes. There's no over analysis here. Anyone could see he was done. No need to be over dramatic man.

To all the guys who haven’t trained yet still offer commentary on what Till should’ve done. Tyron Woodley is a short and powerful wrestler for the WW division and at this point he’s pretty damn experienced. If ever a man like him locks up any form of arm-triangle it’s going to have immense pressure even when poorly applied. Tills best defense would have been to maintain shoulder posture and never allow TW to obtain a deep grip. This would’ve been much easier for Till were he not getting the holy shit elbowed out of him. The instant TW closed the grip the fight is over and not only was the choke devastating but he could also break the spine. TW just wrote a book on how to capitalize on a hurt opponent using extremely smart JJ for MMA

Go do a month of jiu jitsu ts and see what not tapping out is like. That is the dumbest thing casuals talk about. “Hes a quitter because he tapped”. Go feel your neck being cranked like that while you’re going unconcious and see what happens tough guy.
I mean I wouldn’t have tapped

To all the guys who haven’t trained yet still offer commentary on what Till should’ve done. Tyron Woodley is a short and powerful wrestler for the WW division and at this point he’s pretty damn experienced. If ever a man like him locks up any form of arm-triangle it’s going to have immense pressure even when poorly applied. Tills best defense would have been to maintain shoulder posture and never allow TW to obtain a deep grip. This would’ve been much easier for Till were he not getting the holy shit elbowed out of him. The instant TW closed the grip the fight is over and not only was the choke devastating but he could also break the spine. TW just wrote a book on how to capitalize on a hurt opponent using extremely smart JJ for MMA
I never said anything about what till should've done. Having competed myself I understand and I agree with everything you said.
I was responding to someone who was trying to start an argument with me, saying I was "overanalyzing". Which he got from a one sentence opinion...Till got beat up and was done. That's all I said and apparently it set some people off.

What about the three minutes of g n p violence he took on the chin? He's no doubt tough

Since when the FUCK is it considered bad to tap to a sub?

It seems like only after Conor tapped to Nate have childish idiots been using it as an insult.

The only time tapping looks weak is usually to strikes.

Nothing wrong with tapping to a sub. EVER.

Either is shooting for a takedown after getting rocked.

That choke wasn't in for long and he tapped pretty quickly, I'm not for one second saying he shouldn't have tapped because I genuinely think he would have been asleep in the next 5-10 seconds if he hadn't tapped.

I like anyone else love a warrior who doesn't tap and just goes out on their shield, but there is also not shame in tapping when it's over. It still makes me sick how Nogueira refused to tap due to his BJJ ego, only to see him arm snapped in half a moment later.

Chokes tend to be a little more dividing than joint locks though, should you just go to sleep whilst trying to escape, Merab Dvalishvili style? Especially in a do or die title fight like this.

Happy to see fighters tap when it's over, but I won't deny that I'm surprised that he tapped.

You don’t know anything

It's scary as hell when someone has you in a tight darce, anaconda, or head and arm and they start applying massive amounts of pressure and your neck starts popping as your vision starts dimming.

Dude was done. No shame in admitting defeat.

He tap because he was getting choke the fuck out?? What’s wrong with that lol. Not only that, the choke was actually on for kinda long. Conor is the 1 that tap pretty damn fight against nate and joe duffy.

Back