What we did to Iraq - America's shame

Yeah, the United States government fuk'd up by invading Iraq, It was a mistake every Amercian should acknowledge. So I am not really sure why people here are trying to brush it under the rug by saying 71% supported the war. So what? It still does not justify what we did.

The war ended up costing trillions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of civilians deaths, thousands of dead soldiers and in the end amounted up to almost nothing.
It's because a certain person in the thread REALLY wants us to believe that he never supported it. :D

As to your second point; YOUR Democrat not only supported the Iraq War, but every opportunity for military intervention since. Perhaps you should leave this argument to the morally consistent?
It's funny, he wanted boots on the ground in Syria and is very passionate about it. I pointed out that nothing is stopping him from joining the fight and got nothing but crickets and deflection.

It's funny, he wanted boots on the ground in Syria and is very passionate about it. I pointed out that nothing is stopping him from joining the fight and got nothing but crickets and deflection.
sounds like a true and loyal Democrat. Spinning mistakes and doubling down on decided position of the day.

It's the same thing though, leaving troops in place to "nation build." We're just wondering why you're still afraid to answer...

I will not answer because it sets a bad precedent. You can't manipulate me like that. Take a fair jab at me and I will have a conversation. When you are disingenuous out of the gate you will get no answer from me.

I will not answer because it sets bad precedent. You can't manipulate me like that. Take a fair jab at me and I will have a conversation. When you are disingenuous out of the gate you will get no answer from me.
You know, a simple yes or no doesn't take as much effort to type out.

Of course I am.
ISIS rose from Iraq, yeah?
Without the US or a willing and stable Iraqi security force they were allowed to grow and spread, yeah?
That we left as we did lends credence to @Seano's critique.

Where he is wrong is blaming Obama for that, as Bush dismantled the Iraqi military and, along with the Iraqi government, decided the SOFA before he was sworn in.

So yeah, our leaving escalated things for the world, but it wasn't Obama's fault, just as Obama leaving Iraq wasn't his great victory.

As to your second point; YOUR Democrat not only supported the Iraq War, but every opportunity for military intervention since. Perhaps you should leave this argument to the morally consistent?
Calm down. Seano made a very simple remark - decision to withdrawal from Iraq was worse than the decision to go in. I'm not absolving the Democrats from zilch but that's quite a partisan statement. Obama was left to clean up a mess and no matter that he did people like you would exist on both sides and complain about his decisions.

Calm down. Seano made a very simple remark - decision to withdrawal from Iraq was worse than the decision to go in. I'm not absolving the Democrats from zilch but that's quite a partisan statement. Obama was left to clean up a mess and no matter that he did people like you would exist on both sides and complain about his decisions.
gotten to

Are we afraid they're going to destroy our country? Look at what we did to theirs:

1433950831554.jpg

oil-620x349.jpg

My point still stands. One mistake doesn't have to turn into 2

My point still stands. One mistake doesn't have to turn into 2

That was not a mistake, it was torturing people to provide a false narrative and then destroying a nation. You don't think that bears some responsibility and consequence?

Last edited:
Perma-butt rustleded
Not at all. You are the guy who took a comment, which you described as, "a very simple remark - decision to withdrawal from Iraq was worse than the decision to go in." even though you labeled it: "Partisan spin at its most shameful".
I'm merely pointing out your hypocrisy; not only by rationalizing and minimizing responsibility for Democrats who voted for this illegal war, but campaigning HARD for one of its most deliberate contributors, Hillary Clinton, while you insulted the supporters of Sanders, who just so happened to oppose the war. The frosting on top is the fact that you're already trying to spin your posts from this very thread.

So like I said, maybe you should sit this out and leave this to the more consistent critics of the abuse of power.

edit: belated LOL @ "calm down" and "people like you". Thats rich.

Not at all. You are the guy who took a comment, which you described as, "a very simple remark - decision to withdrawal from Iraq was worse than the decision to go in." even though you labeled it: "Partisan spin at its most shameful".
I'm merely pointing out your hypocrisy; not only by rationalizing and minimizing responsibility for Democrats who voted for this illegal war, but campaigning HARD for one of its most deliberate contributors, Hillary Clinton, while you insulted the supporters of Sanders, who just so happened to oppose the war. The frosting on top is the fact that you're already trying to spin your posts from this very thread.

So like I said, maybe you should sit this out and leave this to the more consistent critics of the abuse of power.

edit: belated LOL @ "calm down" and "people like you". Thats rich.
Poor guy still won't admit that Trump beat Hillary fair and square. "It wasn't fair."

Back