What we did to Iraq - America's shame

Voodoo_Child906

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Putting aside partisan politics and even ideology, look at the mess our countries policies have made in Iraq:

- A bunch of Saudis destroy the WTC and the Pentagon and we want blood
- It was not in our interest to attack Saudi Arabia but we still want blood
- We tortured a bunch of people and make them falsely implicate Iraq and claim they have WMD
- We attack Iraq and remove a secular strongman, who was a motherfucker... but was the only one able to keep order in that country
- We institute a puppet "democratic" government and exacerbate the sectarian divide
- We pull our troops out and leave an inexperienced government and military to deal with the mounting sectarian conflicts
- ISIS rises and takes over large sections of land and implements its Caliphate

Now with their country destroyed we tell them you're too dangerous to come to our country. WTF... no wonder the world hates us.

Last edited:
Yup...Iraq is one of the most profound, Military Blunders of the last century. I wouldn't put it on par with Operation Barbarossa....but talk about a colossal fuck up.

Our government's (republican and democrat) obsession with placating them, dry humping their leg, fighting their wars makes as much as sense as liberals always defending Islam.

Putting aside partisan politics and even ideology, look at the mess our countries policies have made in Iraq:

- It is not in our interest to attack Saudi Arabia but we still want blood
- We torture a bunch of people and make them falsley implicate Iraq and claim they have WMD
- We attack Iraq and remove a secular strongman, who was a motherfucker... but was the only one able to keep order in that country
- We institute a puppet "democratic" government and exacerbate the secterian divide
- We pull our troops out and leave an inexperienced government and military to deal with the mounting secterian conflicts

Now with their country destroyed we tell them you're too dangerous to come to our country. WTF... no wonder the world hates us.

I agree it was a huge debacle to get involved in Iraq.

But if this is some argument for why I should be OK with accepting refugees from there I say fuk that.

I didn't support the invasion there and I won't be subjected to the negative impact of Islamic refugees for something I was against. Absolutely not, and I will fight that every step of the way and so will many Americans who feel the same way.

The Iraq invasion was a bad idea, but so is taking in Iraqi refugees.

Don't worry—there's still a chance to steal their oil as well!

I agree it was a huge debacle to get involved in Iraq.

But if this is some argument for why I should be OK with accepting refugees from there I say fuk that.

I didn't support the invasion there and I won't be subjected to the negative impact of Islamic refugees for something I was against. Absolutely not, and I will fight that every step of the way and so will many Americans who feel the same way.

The Iraq invasion was a bad idea, but so is taking in Iraqi refugees.

Are we afraid they're going to destroy our country? Look at what we did to theirs:

1433950831554.jpg

oil-620x349.jpg

It's one of the most egregious examples in recent history of America's aggressive foreign policy, but it's far from the only example.

Are we afraid they're going to destroy our country? Look at what we did to theirs:

Given that we destroyed their countries and they resent the West, maybe it's not the worst idea in the world to be cautious.

Meh, it was shit before

Truly a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

I still want people to hang for it.

Blunder was not understanding who they are dealing with.

If they installed a dictator and not some bs wanna be democracy, Iraq would be more like UAE. Muslims only understand force and strength.

It's one of the most egregious examples in recent history of America's aggressive foreign policy, but it's far from the only example.

Given that we destroyed their countries and they resent the West, maybe it's not the worst idea in the world to be cautious.

You ever heard the expression, you break it you bought it...

- It is not in our interest to attack Saudi Arabia but we still want blood
- We torture a bunch of people and make them falsley implicate Iraq and claim they have WMD
- We institute a puppet "democratic" government and exacerbate the secterian divide
- We pull our troops out and leave an inexperienced government and military to deal with the mounting secterian conflicts

Just to be clear though - this is almost entirely a shame of Republican making: both the war and the current policy.

Blunder was not understanding who they are dealing with.

If they installed a dictator and not some bs wanna be democracy, Iraq would be more like UAE. Muslims only understand force and strength.

How about not torturing people to get false intel and then destroying a country and leaving it while it's still in flames!

Truly a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

I still want people to hang for it.
We'll get ready for Trump to push back in. Would that or another highly aggressive action by his admin cause you to pause and step back from supporting him?

No sense compounding the error. If people need to be do-gooders to alleviate their consciences then go over there and help or send money to rebuild.

Yup...Iraq is one of the most profound, Military Blunders of the last century. I wouldn't put it on par with Operation Barbarossa....but talk about a colossal fuck up.

Our government's (republican and democrat) obsession with placating them, dry humping their leg, fighting their wars makes as much as sense as liberals always defending Islam.

It is worse than Vietnam because at least some of the Vietnamese wanted us there.

Let's leave partisanship out of this, America takes the blame for this.
Negative. Please... Democrats surely were a part of the vote but do not lump me or the millions of other Democrats or progressives or centrists or indies or liberals or right leaning isolationists or libertarians in with that.

How about not torturing people to get false intel and then destroying a country and leaving it while it's still in flames!

Id say more important was NOT telling 500,000 soldiers to go home they are out of a job their fam is fucked. But sure keep your weapon and hate us.

Back