What Was Your Favorite Unplugged Performance on MTV?

The LL Cool J one where he had loads of deodorant gooped up in his armpits.

Eric Clapton.

I do really like the AIC one, too and bits of the Nirvana one, mainly the three Meat Puppets songs.

The Neil Young one has some good stuff, too.

Oh and this, too

Layne walking late into Nutshell with Jerry pleasantly surprised for him showing up was epic

seriously tho, the GOAT. chewing gum the whole time too, dude is incredible

Neil Young.

At one point he had a guy pushing a broom on a piece of plywood that was mik'ed.

Layne walking late into Nutshell with Jerry pleasantly surprised for him showing up was epic
That's how the show started out with them coming out one at a time. Layne looked like Shit so bad too. Long sleeves, wearing gloves and sunglasses to hide his heroin abuse.

That's how the show started out with them coming out one at a time. Layne looked like Shit so bad too. Long sleeves, wearing gloves and sunglasses to hide his heroin abuse.
I know.
I just remember an interview with Jerry, many years ago, where he said that he was not really expecting Layne to show up on stage

I'm confused. How exactly was Jerry expecting to perform without Layne?

Neil Young
PJ
Nirvana
Alice In Chains
Eric Clapton
10,000 Maniacs

Never saw the McCartney one, I'll have to look that up; must be amazeballs

Soul asylum had a great set if I recall

I've only seen a couple but have to go with Portishead

Neil Young and Bob Dylan.
Almost every "rock band unplugging for the novelty" set by others was "look at us going acoustic" stupidity.

He had to shootup right before going out just to make it through. He hated to first time they showed him the video of the show because the first edit showed him nodding out a couple times. Then you have Jerry who had food poisoning it really is amazing how good this was and still is. Even in the video they did finally show during the Sludge Factory where Layne messed up. He wrote those lyrics to that song about two executives who called one day to congratulate on the Mad Season album Above going Gold then they tell him you got two more weeks to finish the "self titled" album or they are going to pull the funding. Both those executives were setting in the front roll during that song.

Back