Movies What Was Your Favorite Chris Farley Performance in a Film?

What Was Your Favorite Chris Farley Performance in a Film?

• Tommy Boy (1995)

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Black Sheep (1996)

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Beverly Hills Ninja (1997)

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Almost Heroes (1998)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
That's how I feel about Will Ferell

Yeah, while I do enjoy a few of his movies, I'd have to say Will's best stuff was on SNL, as well.

He does better in supporting roles. Old School being a good example.

When that movie came out all my frienda were obsessed with it. I hated it because of that. I watched it on TV the other day and it is actually pretty damn funny

When that movie came out all my frienda were obsessed with it. I hated it because of that. I watched it on TV the other day and it is actually pretty damn funny
It's one of the best mainstream comedies in the last 20 years, imo. Great to hear you gave it another chance.

Hype can fucking ruin a movie.

Hype can fucking ruin a movie.

Also my friend who always drove on road trips had a DVD player in his truck and would play it over and over and constantly quoting it. I fucking hated it

Also my friend who always drove on road trips had a DVD player in his truck and would play it over and over and constantly quoting it. I fucking hated it
I feel your pain bro. Former best friend of mine did that with many movies, ruining my experience with them.

Snl was his best honestly but i think ill go with almost heros. So good

This may sound sacrilegious, but I never cared much for his movies. His work on SNL was next level shit, though.
His Schwarzkopf bit is still one of my favorite SNL skits

Black Sheep and it's not even fucking close. In the entire history of film, Black Sheep is one of the most criminally underrated comedies ever made. Riotously funny when I was a kid and I can still turn that movie on at any point and just start rolling. Forget about Spade at his sarcastic best, forget about Gary Busey as a psychotic one-legged Vietnam vet who watches Bruce Lee laserdiscs on a piss-soaked couch in the broken down bus he calls home, Farley dominates with his physical humor, with his delivery of lines, and even with a brilliant pathos that put him in that film in legit Chaplin territory with the sad clown thing. Not exaggerating, not being hyperbolic, Black Sheep is just a gem of a film and Farley shines in it.

tenor.gif

Yeah, while I do enjoy a few of his movies, I'd have to say Will's best stuff was on SNL, as well.

Spot on. When he's the main character, the movies are usually shit. But in supporting spots, he's much more palatable.

*Poll Requested*

Tommy Boy (1995)
Black Sheep (1996)
Beverly Hills Ninja (1997)
Almost Heroes (1998)
Other

I know Tommy Boy will seem like an obvious choice to some people because it had a great story, but Beverly Hills Ninja was funny as hell and Almost Heroes is grossly underrated.
Low IQ movies... Don't watch the stuff. It's part of the country's decline.

Tommy Boy is a classic but Black Sheep is very under rated. I put it in the same ballpark as Tommy Boy. Very quotable movie.

"I got dibs on top bunk!"

Back