What was the strangest way you acquired a video game??

TuBB

Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heard this topic on a podcast and it cracked me up. Reminded me of time in the 4th grade where I had this Saddam Hussein punching puppet that a brought to school. Said puppet:

68903891_614.jpg

Well this girl in my class loved it and wanted to trade me a video game for it. I said bring me the game first. Well she eventually brought me a game and it was this:

RC-Pro-Am-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1988-NES-game.jpg

I really wasn't into racing games but eventually made the trade anyway. Well when I go home and put the game into the NES it wasn't exactly what I expected. Turned out it was Mega Man. Someone had taken the Mega Man ROM and put it into the R.C. Pro-am cartridge. Didn't bother me though because I got a better game lol I asked the girl about it the next day and she acted surprised, was probably stolen lol

You got any stories?

Got the PC Game Penumbra Overture from an old message board called Evil Avatar. Won a contest in some thread and the admin mailed me the game lol.

When I was in 6th grade, I traded all my magic cards for a sega genesis with sega cd with a buddy. Can’t remember the games I got though. Played that bitch for years.

Somebody sent me the full game of MGS 4, and I really have no idea why. I did not enter any competitions, or really do anything for it. It just kind of, appeared.

Madden 94 for the Sega Genesis.

eNk6Oqu.jpg

Way back when I was in 5th grade, on one of the last days of school my teacher (who was an old lady with glasses) gave me a boxed copy as a gift.

It was one of those surreal things I'll never forget. If I remember correctly, she said it was a leftover from one of her sons (who was like 30+ at the time) and she came across it when she was cleaning out her house/attic.

Since she'd heard me and my friends talking about games all the time before/after (and probably during) class, she knew I was a hardcore gamer and was thoughtful enough to give it to me. I thought that was just an awesome gesture.

Madden 94 for the Sega Genesis.

eNk6Oqu.jpg

Way back when I was in 5th grade, on one of the last days of school my teacher (who was an old lady with glasses) gave me a boxed copy as a gift.

It was one of those surreal things I'll never forget. If I remember correctly, she said it was a leftover from one of her sons (who was like 30+ at the time) and she came across it when she was cleaning out her house/attic.

Since she'd heard me and my friends talking about games all the time before/after (and probably during) class, she knew I was a hardcore gamer and was thoughtful enough to give it to me. I thought that was an awesome gesture, and it just totally blew my mind.

Some guys bang their teachers some guys get video games from the teachers they should’ve banged. Excellent story...

In 2000, 7th grade, I gave a friend a vhs rip of the Pamela Anderson/Tommy Lee sex tape for a PS1 with Metal Gear Solid, some baseball game and Resident Evil 2.

Bought a copy of Goldeneye 64 for $20 during the peak of it's popularity because some kid wanted the cash towards jenko (sp) jeans.

Kept a copy of Symphony of the Night when the owner went to jail.

A teacher gave me the PC version of Quake 2. It had already been out for 2-3 years though.

Back