What was the lowest point of MMA as a sport?

giphy.gif

lmfao this

I got every event since UFC 1 until they stopped having them on PPV and had to wait to order VHS' online or get them at blockbuster,so I would say that was the low point for me.Banning mma and people like John McCain calling it human cockfighting and etc. at the time didn't exactly help the situation.SEG was it?Idr but when Zuffa bought it and got it back on PPV was pretty awesome.I was always a huge boxing fan too so that helped a little and boxing was thriving at the time UFC was not showing events.

Most cringy thing in mma (besides Joe Son carrying crosses or Kevin Rosier's pants I guess I mean "modern times")was Rogan (who I love) with the once ever shit...ugh,that killed me.Rogan was always great imo (not on a technical level) but when he sold out and got ridiculous about everything (aka went full company man) that was annoying and still is but he's chilled a little.

Hard to get lower than a man who can't stand, or punch, or kick, or ...........

Tapping out the instant the fight starts, before any contact.

Last edited:
UFC cutting Jon Fitch, if the number 1 org doesn't retain top 3 talent because their style is boring, it's not a sport.

Ufc buying pride then dissolving it. As much as would be impossible to stage in Japan due to shady dealings. This is still makes me sad inside.

UFC cutting Jon Fitch, if the number 1 org doesn't retain top 3 talent because their style is boring, it's not a sport.

True LOL.

Imagine if UEFA Champions League prevented a boring team to play in it. Like if they just said to Atletico Madrid "you're boring, you don't get good ratings on TV and you eliminate more marketable clubs and cost us money, bye bye" Football fans would riot.

True LOL.

Imagine if UEFA Champions League prevented a boring team to play in it. Like if they just said to Atletico Madrid "you're boring, you don't get good ratings on TV and you eliminate more marketable clubs and cost us money, bye bye" Football fans would riot.
It really is the most absurd thing that has ever happened. And then people were surprised by CM or Conor and Floyd, but the precedent was set. This is not a real sports org and frankly none of them are.

When Fertitta voted to ban MMA in Las Vegas, then turned around and bought the UFC and had it unbanned.

When fedor hand picked fabio mambojambo, and the russian judges were in his pocket...

Back