what was the first record,album you ever bought?

cobrinski

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Cassette,LP,or cd..

The first LP i owned was Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow Rising,and first i bought The Doors-The Doors.

My first cassette,owned-Suzy Quatro,bought The Cult-Sonic Temple,and STP-Purple.

CD-i think,Woodstock compilation.

2 CD's with best of AC/DC
thumbs

Reggatta de Blanc was the first one I bought with my own money. I was 9 years old.

The first album I ever bought was a CD of Faith No More's 'Album of the Year'. I was twelve.

I still listen to it now.

The first album I ever bought was a CD of Faith No More's 'Album of the Year'. I was twelve.

I still listen to it now.

Wow. FNM at 12… you must have had an advanced listening ear at an early age… particularly that album…

I was in middle school. This Kat sold me a CD, he found in his brothers car for $1.00 USD. The title of the album? …America’s least wanted by Ugly Kid Joe. He asked “you like Rock, right? Want to buy this CD for a dollar?” …F*ck… I should have kept the dollar…

88553.jpg

My Grampa bought it for me. I was about 7 years old. I liked Magic Carpet Ride, which was being played on the radio a lot. So I asked my grampa to buy the album for me when we were out on the town. We went into a record shop, and I got it. My first album.

First ever album in light with my OWN money from mowing lawns was Live's Throwing Copper, in 93. Actually, I just checked, and it was in 94.

Before that, we used to set up dummy accounts on Columbia House, and get 12 cds delivered to a vacant house lol. Experienced many new bands through that scheme.

Wow. FNM at 12… you must have had an advanced listening ear at an early age… particularly that album…

Right? I often listen to that album and just kind of laugh that I was listening to this shit when I was 12.

I just remember LOVING hearing 'Last Cup of Sorrow' and 'Ashes to Ashes' on the radio, so I went and bought the CD.

Now that I think about it, that album probably changed my life and shaped me in ways that I can't really comprehend.

Listening to this for the first time with headphones in my bedroom was pretty exhilarating. Especially when Mike Patton just starts screaming "HELP! HELP! HELP!" right at the end. Shit creeped me out haha.

I bought Motorhead's No Remorse because it had a cool leather case

100505690536.jpg

It was probably Bone Thugs' E1999 Eternal on cassette when i was like 11 or 12. I might have had a couple other rap albums around that time but it was mostly dubbing tapes and recording from the radio,

By the time I was semi regularly buying albums I was discovering metal and punk. I think Vulgar Display of Power was the first actual CD I bought, which had already been out several years at that point.

Weird Al's "Even Worse" parody album (cassette) of Michael Jackson's "Bad." I was really young, 6 or 7 maybe, and I think I was getting $2 per week in allowance, so I had to save up for over a month. haha

Soul Asylum - Grave Dancers Union

I was like 7 or something

first album I ever bought was Black Sabbath
Black-Sabbath.jpg

my friend Michael Sergio said, "Man, these guys are gonna be huge."
he was right.

Last edited:
first album I ever bought was Black Sabbath
Black-Sabbath.jpg

my friend Michael Sergio said, "Man, these guys are be huge."
he was right.
I heard NIB at the State Fair on the Midway when I was about 7 and almost pissed myself in fear. Will never forget it.

Back