What was the biggest live boxing event you attended?

I did see Roy Jones vs Prince Badi! I didn't reference it because every time I do people act like I'm crazy. It's too bad it didn't sell better here, even with local legend Kenny Keene on the undercard.

Originally that show in Boise was supposed to be a "legends" card that included in addition to Jones-Ajamu also Evander Holyfield vs Frank Wood and then WBA Cruiserweight champion Virgil Hill vs Keene in a non-title fight. The event was sponsored by Xyience (at the time was the UFC's primary sponsor). . . . Holyfield and Hill, who had already signed contrats, got together and wanted more upfront money but Jones held to the original agreement and the card was then built around him. Keeene instead fought Arthur Williams but was stopped in the last round of their fight.

Last edited:
Went to a buncha cards in Reno and Tahoe but nothing really major
Used to love going to the old Cedric Kushner Heavyweight Explosion cards, Saw Sam Peters knock out Taurus Sykes for an alphabet title in Reno
Went to a buncha Tony The Tiger Lopez fights back when he was the King Of Sacramento, those were always a fun time and felt like major events

Got front row seats to a Karim Mayfield foght in San Francisco next month
Its in the ballroom at the Fairmont which is the super duper fancy pants hotel that Obama stays at when hes in town
Gonna bust out my finest powder blue tuxedo for the evenings festivities

A few that come to mine for me are:
Pavlik vs. Martinez
Donaire vs. Montiel
Martinez vs. P-will 2
More recently GGG vs Jacobs

I'd consider getting tickets to the Linares vs Loma fight if it was at the theater in MSG but probably wont since its at the big arena. The theater is a pretty awesome place to catch a fight. Sucks that AC has turned into such a $hit hole recently. Boardwalk hall is a cool venue too.

I guess you’ve read “The Years of the Locust” book by Jon Hotton about Rick Parker and Tim Andersen?

Not the best written book, but the story is nuts - truth being stranger than fiction and all that.

View attachment 357819
raw i think sent me that book, sounds like the biz alright, i think he wanted to send it when i mentioned that I was surprised how seldom fighters didn't whip those guys' asses. Surprises me in real life too, how people make it hard for others to earn a living at a job just because they are miserable, sad world we live in.

A few that come to mine for me are:
Pavlik vs. Martinez
Donaire vs. Montiel
Martinez vs. P-will 2
More recently GGG vs Jacobs

I'd consider getting tickets to the Linares vs Loma fight if it was at the theater in MSG but probably wont since its at the big arena. The theater is a pretty awesome place to catch a fight. Sucks that AC has turned into such a $hit hole recently. Boardwalk hall is a cool venue too.
Sounds sexy.

Biggest - Froch Groves 2 Wembley.

Biggest atmosphere - probably Frampton Quigg at the Manchester Arena, though Brook GGG was incredible too.
Froch Groves 2 or Hatton Tszyu.

Manchester had the better atmosphere but Wembley was a fuck of a lot of people watching boxing.

Manchester had the better atmosphere but Wembley was a fuck of a lot of people watching boxing.
Hatton/Tszyu in Manchester must've been fucking amazing.

Manchester Arena is the perfect venue - can’t imagine how there could be a better designed place to watch boxing

Cotto-Martinez
Cotto-Margarito 2

I was there when Hopkins broke his own record against Cloud which is "big" in a different way.

Seeing that I live in Australia I haven't been swamped with opportunities to go to big fights so Pacquiao vs Horn is the only real big one I've been to...

Back