What UFC fighters have a street fighting background?

Michael bisping. He choked a teenager in the gym while being ufc champ

I heard BJ Penn mention Machida was a street fighter. Although hes obviously pro at Karate.

Chuck Lidell.

Kimbo Slice

Who else?
Why the hell would anyone want to street. Fight these days??
If it means no rules.. Americans will pull a pistol

Artur Szpilka used to be a football hooligan in Poland and was jailed for it.

(timestamped)

He was a boxing HW contender and boxed against Wilder.

He has now started training MMA and will probably fight in KSW. So I guess you can call him MMA fighter now.

He recently assaulted another fighter at KSW after a fight after that fighter called him out:

Szpilka storms in the octagon around 1:00 and straight up assaults the fighter.

You could tell this guy was raised on the street.

He's already been mentioned but Jorge would fight anyone. Fuck weight classes. That's why he looks so fluid standing even when he's losing. He's been fighting grown men since he was a kid

(timestamped)

He has now started training MMA and will probably fight in KSW. So I guess you can call him MMA fighter now.

He recently assaulted another fighter at KSW after a fight after that fighter called him out:

First time learning about that guy. That was awesome, he just has the look of someone you do not want to fuck with. Also lol@how roided guy in blue looks

I heard BJ Penn mention Machida was a street fighter. Although hes obviously pro at Karate.

Chuck Lidell.

Kimbo Slice

Who else?
Masividal, Caceres and Din all fought for the same promoter who was doing the underground fights with Kimbo.. those three were on street fight cards too. Many mma guys from NY, Florida, Ca and Nevada during the 90s and early 2000s, more then likely fought in a street fight "circuit" or took a promoted street fight or two, for the money, while fighting in regionals. The street fight scene was a big deal in the SF Bay Area, Nor*Cal, Valley areas during the Kimbo era, and in the mid to late 90s.

As far as a pro fighter getting into a street fight, prior to career, during and after career.. is actually very common and happens often. Just most of the time, nobody knows who they are for the most part that night, so it rarely hits the media breakthroughs.. unless up on someone's social media. Even the calm homies Mendes and Faber get into it with insecure dudes, when out and about.

First time learning about that guy. That was awesome, he just has the look of someone you do not want to fuck with. Also lol@how roided guy in blue looks

Szpilka could be a fun fighter when he transitions to MMA. He was outboxing Wilder but got brutally knocked out in the 9th round. I had him winning 5 rounds before that, he got sparked out in highlight reel fashion though. He definitely has better boxing than anyone in MMA right now, if he can pick up grappling and kicks he could be decent.

Also, he seems to be legit crazy.

He will actually be the first boxing contender in his prime to transition to MMA.

Szpilka could be a fun fighter when he transitions to MMA. He was outboxing Wilder but got brutally knocked out in the 9th round. I had him winning 5 rounds before that, he got sparked out in highlight reel fashion though. He definitely has better boxing than anyone in MMA right now, if he can pick up grappling and kicks he could be decent.

Also, he seems to be legit crazy.

He will actually be the first boxing contender in his prime to transition to MMA.

looks like a little freshwater croc, not really dangerous. he should try that shit on a 20 foot salty. then i'll be impressed. if he doesnt end up as lunch

(timestamped)

polish guys look scary as fuck. how did these guys get stomped by germany so easily in WWII?

polish guys look scary as fuck. how did these guys get stomped by germany so easily in WWII?

Germany had better industry and military technology. All of those European countries crumbled under Germany except Russia.

Germany had the most sophisticated army at the time while Polish military technology looked more like this:

Also Polish people at least fought back as guerillas unlike the French who were drinking cold juice in Paris.

polish guys look scary as fuck.

Btw it's funny how every Polish boxer looks like a skinhead hooligan these days

kownacki_bfb.jpg

glowacki.jpg

Id imagine every pro mma fighter has a street fighting background. It would be like asking if Major League Baseball players played Little League Baseball. I would be more interested in hearing about the stories though.

I can only barely imagine how stupid someone can be when it decides to get into brawl with him AND his brother at the same time.View attachment 345985
There is a story of some bouncers who tried to find out and the Reem brothers ended up kicking the security out of the club lol..

who was the Tuf guy that said he had like 400 street fights?

Back