What Ubisoft games got in common?

I don't mind the collectables because I go for the achievements associated with them.

I thought Watch Dogs 2 was a great game, quite a bit different than their other stuff. I actually like Wildlands as well.

I also think Child of Light was underrated. Hell, Far Cry 5 is one of the few games that I'll actually buy for full price when it comes out.

All that being said, I understand why some people rag on them, but personally I actually like their games, even if they are it repetitive sometimes.

Also Doom and Doom 2 were 2 games. Assassins Creed is what, like 10 games by now?

Yeah, and TBH, the fatigue didn't really set in until "Revelations". After that, it's all been more of the same. I will give them credit for at least trying a bit though. The Ship battle feature they introduced in AC3, was actually impressive, and not merely a minor tweak of an established game play feature.

Like everything AC though, they beat you over the head with it, until it lost all of it's charm, and became irritating.

I don't mind the collectables because I go for the achievements associated with them.

I thought Watch Dogs 2 was a great game, quite a bit different than their other stuff. I actually like Wildlands as well.

I also think Child of Light was underrated. Hell, Far Cry 5 is one of the few games that I'll actually buy for full price when it comes out.

All that being said, I understand why some people rag on them, but personally I actually like their games, even if they are it repetitive sometimes.

But it's not a Ghost Recon game in the least, and the ai, even on harder difficulties, is dumb as fuck. It's a tactical shooter where my elite special forces teammates run and crouch down between me and an enemy while I am firing at the enemy, like all the time.

But it's not a Ghost Recon game in the least, and the ai, even on harder difficulties, is dumb as fuck. It's a tactical shooter where my elite special forces teammates run and crouch down between me and an enemy while I am firing at the enemy, like all the time.
Well, that's the only Ghost Recon game I've played, so take that for what you will.

Well, that's the only Ghost Recon game I've played, so take that for what you will.

The og Ghost Recon games, especially 1, were about planning, coordination and teamwork, where one move could get your 4 man team (you can control any one of the 4 men on the fly) killed. The new one is bro shooter 17.

I'm so stoked for Far Cry 5.

They are pioneers in the field of "Do seven things a thousand times....that's fun right?"

I think ubisoft has made a lot of great games actually - I played tf out of the early splinter cell games

They typically have a brilliant idea, then water it down to a weak, samey experience, in the name of 'accessibility'. They spend a fortune on development and then on marketing, so then need to sell X million copies. So you can't have a hardcore stealth game in Splinter Cell, or a non violent hacker game in Watchdogs, or a vulnerable parkour assassin game in AC.

Apparently Rainbox Six Siege is really good, I've not played it yet, but they had a much smaller budget and marketing budget to make a 'niche' game that doesn't try to appeal to all gamers.

Also those weird demos where they pay actors to pretend they're playing the game together on VOIP.

Back