What Ubisoft games got in common?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Graphics are breathtaking.

Watch Dogs, Far Cry, Assassins Creed and so on.

That's on positive note. Now negative:

Despite beautiful, massive open world, those games feel a bit lacking in content. I'm not sure if content is a right word, but each time I finish one of those games I got feeling that they could do better on mission variety, maybe introduce skill tree or some other stuff that could increase hours count. These games feel terribly shallow.

What you guys thinking about it?

I am considering new AC, despite devs saying that it's the biggest open world they ever made in a game I feel like I'm going to close campaign within 20 hours.

They lie to their customers with shiny, brilliant high rendered E3 tailers only to de-rez the games for launch. See The Division, Wildlands, Watch Dogs etc.

All of their open-world games follow the same formula.

It gets stale real quick.

They lie to their customers with shiny, brilliant high rendered E3 tailers only to de-rez the games for launch. See The Division, Wildlands, Watch Dogs etc.

Devil's Advocate: Most gamers are idiots who can't get their small minds around the fact that sometimes, games need to be scaled down graphically and no matter how much they complain or take a stand, they'll slurp down every single ejaculate spewed out of the malformed cocks that make up the gaming industry.

You’ll still go for the cheevos though, don’t lie

They make single player story driven games for the most part which to me is tantamount to watching paint dry. Rainbow Six Siege is amazing though.

Ubisoft gets undue hate

If AC sequels are iterative, what about Doom 1 to Doom 2?

The Division was particularly deceitful. That game looked fucking incredible at all the E3 demos and in the uncompressed trailers.

The Division was particularly deceitful. That game looked fucking incredible at all the E3 demos and in the uncompressed trailers.
Rainbox SiX Siege was also deceitful but atleast the game was decent, I just got bored eventually and didnt buy the season 2 pass.

Despite beautiful, massive open world, those games feel a bit lacking in content. I'm not sure if content is a right word, but each time I finish one of those games I got feeling that they could do better on mission variety, maybe introduce skill tree or some other stuff that could increase hours count. These games feel terribly shallow.

I am considering new AC, despite devs saying that it's the biggest open world they ever made in a game I feel like I'm going to close campaign within 20 hours.

Agreed. They are pretty but shallow. One thing I could sugggest them is to have the people in the cities/villages speak, as in RPGs. Even if it's just one or two sentences. Just to add more context to the world. They also should add background themes everywhere.

After all these games I played/finished from them, I can't whistle anything from their games.

Just to name a few suggestions.

Ubi open worlds are positively filled to the brim with things to do. Problem is, the stuff is appealing to very few people. By filling their worlds with crap, Ubisoft routinely neglects the main stories of their games. The stories are always bare bones, and the story is typically a big reason to play a sp game. Compunding this problem is the fact that their games are so alike these days. No matter the series, if it's open world, it's all the same. Assassins Creed, Far Cry, Ghost Recon, doesn't matter. They might as well be in the same universe.

Far Cry Instincts on Xbox was the sickest game ever when I played it. I paid 60 bucks for it, and when it was done in 20 hours, I couldnt wait to play it again. Now, the games are 70-100 hours, and I dont have fun the majority of the time. Spending 5 minutes to get to a quest giver, for him to give me a fetch quest, then finishing the lame quest only to need to go back to the quest giver for another 5 minutes is not fun!!!

Cunt's Advocate: Most gamers are idiots who can't get their small minds around the fact that sometimes, games need to be scaled down graphically and no matter how much they complain or take a stand, they'll slurp down every single ejaculate spewed out of the malformed cocks that make up the gaming industry.

Fixed.

Good graphics, exceptional in some cases.
Extremely pervasive marketing.
Fucking UPlay.
Way too much meaningless crap to collect. 3/100 Eagle Feathers collected!
Aaand that's the budget, wrap it up people, we've gotta get working on Assassin's Creed 8: Reverbalations!

Ubisoft is like the Japanese to the dolphins of my love for gaming.
giphy.gif

The 8000 collectibles in their games drives me fucking nuts.

The 8000 collectibles in their games drives me fucking nuts.
If there was some point to them I'd feel better, but you always get either nothing or some random crap that you'll never use. Some of their sidequests are just awful too. The "trading" in AC 3 and the "ship missions" in Black Flag were mind numbing.

If there was some point to them I'd feel better, but you always get either nothing or some random crap that you'll never use. Some of their sidequests are just awful too. The "trading" in AC 3 and the "ship missions" in Black Flag were mind numbing.
I didn't mind some of the Black Flag stuff because to get the trade goods you had to raid other vessels which was the best part of that game.

I didn't mind some of the Black Flag stuff because to get the trade goods you had to raid other vessels which was the best part of that game.

Yeah, though even that got old once you realized you could heal to full hp off a couple little boats while you pounded the big guys. Black Flag was a very decent game, but man, that story was next level boring. I had to force myself to make it to the end, I almost jumped ship when they started shoving in the forced sentimentality.

They got open worlds, towers to climb, and garbage to collect.

Back