What u guys think of Cormier's performance against Jones on their first fight?

I rewatched it recently. The scoreboard was just about even. The reality was that all DC ever landed was grazing shots. He landed 2, 3 relatively clean strikes all fight. He used a tremendous amount of energy to get JJ down once, and that was for about 5 seconds. I am way more sympathetic towards DC than JJ, but JJ raped him in that fight. DC had no recipe at all for overcoming Jones's reach and leverage.

I rewatched it recently. The scoreboard was just about even. The reality was that all DC ever landed was grazing shots. He landed 2, 3 relatively clean strikes all fight. He used a tremendous amount of energy to get JJ down once, and that was for about 5 seconds. I am way more sympathetic towards DC than JJ, but JJ raped him in that fight. DC had no recipe at all for overcoming Jones's reach and leverage.
Raped would be if you beat down your opponent, finish them whatever Jones's shots did little damage to cormier in reality and he couldn't do anything with his take downs. Jones never passed cormier's guard, never got any GNP and never rocked cormier both Gus and anthony johnson did much more damage.

It was a pretty close fight but I think we can all agree that Jones won pretty decisively. Personally, I was shocked that Jones' wrestling was on par and even better than Cormier's wrestling. I thought if Gus could take Jones down, Cormier wouldn't have a problem. Hopefully this fight Cormier can stand-up with Jones or at least hold him down long enough to win a couple rounds.

It was a pretty close fight but I think we can all agree that Jones won pretty decisively. Personally, I was shocked that Jones' wrestling was on par and even better than Cormier's wrestling. I thought if Gus could take Jones down, Cormier wouldn't have a problem. Hopefully this fight Cormier can stand-up with Jones or at least hold him down long enough to win a couple rounds.

Jones is pretty good at everything, I wouldn't say he's s great wrestler but he has some serious physical advantages over Cormier which neutralized him

I re-watched it recently & was pretty much as I remembered. DC won a round or two early(one closer than the other) but then slowed down drastically.

I think Jones was blood doping and DC wasn't, that was the deciding factor in the fight.

Nervous. It looked like he didn't really have a gameplan or threw it out the window when he started. He had success in the clinch with his uppercuts but he didn't have the volume or versatility to win enough rounds.

I think it will be a completely different fight this time around. DC is confident and Jones is no longer the Jones of old.

He got beat when Jones took him down early in the first round. Sure, it was from a kick, but DC had a lot of pride in him being able to take Jones down almost at will, and Jones not being able to take him down. That takedown was more important than the takedowns in the fourth, even though those was what secured Jones the win technically.

DC has probably been taken down a millon times in wrestling so I think he was fine.

Jones is pretty good at everything, I wouldn't say he's s great wrestler but he has some serious physical advantages over Cormier which neutralized him

Wtf? He has some of the best wrestling in all of MMA.

I think Jones was blood doping and DC wasn't, that was the deciding factor in the fight.
Doubt it. The conditioning difference has much more to do with the body work Jones put in - and Jones being 10 years younger.

Also - Jones trains at elevation in the Sandia Mountains (10,700 ft above sea level) while Cormier trains in San Jose at 100' above sea level. That's a big difference for elite athletes.

His performance was embarrassing, especially after all that trash talk.

Underwhelming.

Lost a competitive 1st Rd.
Won a competitive 2nd Rd.
Close to call 3rd Rd.
Decisively lost 4th Rd chasing a TD.
Not enough left in the tank to take final Rd.

Still supporting and rooting for DC in the rematch!
40/60 for DC win tho

Jones is a cheat. This win along with all his others got a big fucking * next to it.

Too much focus on trying for the take down. He lost time, energy and rounds.

Ahhhh, that's DC's game get you to the ground and weigh on you and when standing punch a bit and try and flip you to the ground so he can weigh on you. That sh!t may work on Rumble who's fight IQ is at Junie Browning level but is well covered with devastating power. DC is a smart fighter, Jones is just smarter.

He did look as good as you can look vs the goat, but he must have been pretty demoralized after Jones took him down
Jon%2BJones%2BTakes%2BDown%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

If by blood doping you mean binging on coke, you are correct.
This time Jon's focus is solely on beating DC and getting that belt back around his waist.
I just don't see this fight going much different than the first, except maybe DC gasses moreso and Jon taps him late.
People are sleeping on the fact that Daniel is getting older while Jones is hitting his prime athletically... if he's living that healthy lifestyle now.

I just don't see this fight going much different than the first, except maybe DC gasses moreso and Jon taps him late.
People are sleeping on the fact that
Daniel is getting older while Jones is hitting his prime athletically... if he's living that healthy lifestyle now.

DC was practically spent in their 1st fight his most recent fight against Rumble he needed a magic towel to make weight, DC is on the heavy end of 38 Jon turns 30 next month with a well preserved body through suspension he gained another few years of fighting. Jon had nothing but time to train, heal body & mind, and reflect on all what his actions have cost him, now the recent loss of his mother.

The UFC loves to use the word "Redemption" this fight will be true redemption of a full circle, DC gets that belt beaten away from him and retires soon there after to his Fox sports gig, he's actually quite good at that.

Wasnt that bad actually, landed some shots and stuff... But yeah, Jones was the better man. Controlled the fight well, landed the better shots and takedowns.

Whats your assesement of the fight?
Fight was very competitive with Jones being the clear winner unfortuantely. Wasted time with trying to pride his wrestling the bigger man instead of clinching and dirty boxing.

Jones is too big for DC though and I don't ever see him winning.

DC was practically spent in their 1st fight his most recent fight against Rumble he needed a magic towel to make weight, DC is on the heavy end of 38 Jon turns 30 next month with a well preserved body through suspension he gained another few years of fighting. Jon had nothing but time to train, heal body & mind, and reflect on all what his actions have cost him, now the recent loss of his mother.

The UFC loves to use the word "Redemption" this fight will be true redemption of a full circle, DC gets that belt beaten away from him and retires soon there after to his Fox sports gig, he's actually quite good at that.
I could see DC taking a shot at Stipe if he loses.

Back