What u guys think of Cormier's performance against Jones on their first fight?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wasnt that bad actually, landed some shots and stuff... But yeah, Jones was the better man. Controlled the fight well, landed the better shots and takedowns.

Whats your assesement of the fight?

DC got tired in those championship rounds, if Jones is out of shape in the rematch that might be the deciding factor this time. DC had some decent clinch work but fought way too hard to try and get takedowns in the first match.

Last edited:
I think he did as good as he ever will against Jones. Jonny boy gonna beat that ass in the rematch.

He got beat when Jones took him down early in the first round. Sure, it was from a kick, but DC had a lot of pride in him being able to take Jones down almost at will, and Jones not being able to take him down. That takedown was more important than the takedowns in the fourth, even though those was what secured Jones the win technically.

Too much focus on trying for the take down. He lost time, energy and rounds.

I feel like Jones clearly won it but that it was close enough that I could imagine a different outcome this time.

DC did as good as a short fat fuck could hope to do against Jones

Placed my largest ever bet on DC to win so my judgement could be clouded but I was disappointed in him. I thought he'd beat Jones I won't lie.

He was a little too cautious and just didn't go for it 100 percent.

DC got tired in those championship rounds, if Jones is out of shape in the rematch that might be the deciding factor this time. DC had some decent classes much work but fought way too hard to try and get a takedowns in the first match.

He absolutely did. He was mentally beat as well. I remember in between rounds, think it was before the 4th round, his coach was giving him some instructions and DC just said "I'm trying" and sounded so deflated...that was the round where Jones started to really pull ahead too.

DC was too emotional in the first fight. He was unable to control his emotions and he was too nervous, too agitated or both.
Jones won before the fight even started by getting into DC's head.

If DC can calm down, relax, and focus, he'll have a better chance this time around.

Jones probably was on PEDs. Nevertheless, wasn't impressed by DC performance.

His performance was really good.

Not sure why his coaches told him to start spamming TD's in between rounds 3 and 4.

Round 3 was his best round but his coaches told him to completely change tactics.

I get the idea of switching it up to keep them guessing but why, when it was his best round?

DC got tired in those championship rounds, if Jones is out of shape in the rematch that might be the deciding factor this time. DC had some decent classes much work but fought way too hard to try and get a takedowns in the first match.
Yea the relentless takedown attempts against a juiced up jones aswell as the constant unanswered kicks to the body sapped Cormier's energy quickly it wasn't his cardio. Cormier did pretty well with his boxing in the earlier rounds but if wants to win he needs to be able to defend against Jones's kicks, that's also his only chance of a takedown by catching one and sweeping Jones.
I'd say Jones 7/10 times by UD just like last time.

I watched it live and felt like DC did poorly because he could not land TDs..
But rewatched recently and thought DC did well.. He took rnds 2 and 3 imo. Rnd 1 was close but gave it to Jon because of td off the kick like Lois said, though it didn't amount to much.
Rnd 4 clearly Jon..
Even going into Rnd 5, which was another close one but I have to go to Jones.
Mostly I noticed that Jon looked like he was hungover and did not want to be there, while DC looked more motivated.
Jones eats his heart in the rematch I think.

I think Jones surprised DC with his wrestling in the first fight. That won't be the case this time. No idea how USADA and other matters of indiscretion will impact it. I think DC takes the fight.

Last edited:
We'll see post USADA and post Cocaine Jones for the first time... who knows what will happen. DC is a beast. If DC loses I want to see him fight for the title at HW.

He did really good. Just out-matched. I don't see how he can do any better than he did in that first fight.

I think Jones surprised DC with his wrestling in the first fight. That won't be the case this time. No idea how USADA and other matters of indiscretion will impact it. I think DC takes the fight.
Do you think now that DC knows Jones can out-wrestle him, that Jones won't be able to out-wrestle him for some reason?

Back