\what types of intelligence levels/personality traits favor certain jobs/careers

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
has anyone taken a test or discussed w/a counselor re: their potential success in certain industries, jobs, career fields; i am curious as to what type of personalities or intelligence levels favor what type of jobs, is someone not being successful in a career field/job a matter of a lack of professionalism or because of limits they have mentally or characteristically.

i guess guys who interview people or hiring managers may have some legit input on this; i would app peoples thoughts on this

Go into the trades. Apparently everyone in the mayberry are in the trades bro.

where is your avatar?

I would say if you are a drunken womanizer with large hands you could definitely be an electrician.

Go into the trades. Apparently everyone in the mayberry are in the trades bro.

i lol'd

alice_cooper_lol_gif.gif

I remember taking a few of those tests in high school. Don't really remember what the results were. I turned out to be an attorney. There's a lot of diversity in personality in the profession.

There's lots of different personalities in every profession. Trying to pinpoint it too much isn't really useful for what you may be trying to do.

I used to talk to pan handlers. They gave me a lot of successful advice.

The more I see of the professional work place the more confused I grow. All I can say is that the only consistent quality I've seen in everyone I've considered to be good has been strong work ethic. I really doesn't surprise me that East Asian and North Western European countries founded on delayed reward and hard work have done so well.

I remember taking an aptitude test in high school. I remember it telling me Id make a good accountant. Pretty much way off since I dont like working with numbers, though it isnt an ability issue to be fair, just find math boring as hell in just about any form. Arent the tests based on Kinsey or Keirsey test cant remember the name of it but I do remeber my code. INTP.

I square pegged a round hole, what does that mean?

I remember taking an aptitude test in high school. I remember it telling me Id make a good accountant. Pretty much way off since I dont like working with numbers, though it isnt an ability issue to be fair, just find math boring as hell in just about any form. Arent the tests based on Kinsey or Keirsey test cant remember the name of it but I do remeber my code. INTP.

If you took the Kinsey test then your code would be homosexual, not INTP.

As a software developer, I'd say being a virgin in your 30's is a favorable trait to have.

If you took the Kinsey test then your code would be homosexual, not INTP.

Mmm hm. I assumed Kinsey was the sex man as I typed the name. After looking it up Kiersey is mentioned in the same circle as Myers and Briggs, who made the test I was thinking of. As an aside Jung was one cool fella especially when compared to the annoying pervert Freud.

Might do well to avail yourself of StrengthsFinder by Tom Rath

As a software developer, I'd say being a virgin in your 30's is a favorable trait to have.
kipyes.gif~c200

I think that has more to do with talented programmers with families push much harder for better pay, new jobs, and promotions. Where your talented 30 something guy who lives alone is fine with a lower salary and has no one nagging at him when he puts in 60-80+ weeks on salary pay. He's also a lot less likely to come to his senses and realize he's being taken advantage of.

I think as a kid I took some test that said I would be a police officer later in life, ended up being mexican gay focker

Back